Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

Dealz opening a new store next month (somewhere in the town) - 25 new jobs

http://galwaybayfm.ie/component/k2/item/2284-25-jobs-at-new-discount-store-for-galway

Is deals a pound shop type place or an aldi/lidl type place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

ratracer wrote: »
    Is deals a pound shop type place or an aldi/lidl type place?

Yes, very similar to the €2 shops in town I believe. Selling all sorts of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Col200sx wrote: »
    Yes, very similar to the €2 shops in town I believe. Selling all sorts of stuff.

Exactly. Anyone else noticed that the 2euro shops have started selling a lot of stuff for 1.50 lately? Getting ready for the opposition.
    They also do more food type stuff. Their big draw in the other stores was 2litre milk for 99cent. Not sure what they charge these days.
    Too lazy to check this hour of the night/morning but they had a website www.dealz.something which had a huge list of their products and prices.

edit: didn't realise that the 'dot something' bit would pop up as a link :O It's ie or com or one of those thingys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭feargalmcc1

There is going to be a pharmacy where hmv was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Dealz is great, they have one in Limerick... Be warned tho you end up spending a fortune in it �� delighted they are opening as Galway is lacking a good pound shop....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

//
    There is going to be a pharmacy where hmv was :(
    http://www.carapharmacy.com/latest-news is coming there next month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    //
    http://www.carapharmacy.com/latest-news is coming there next month.

Link found from your link: https://www.carapharmacy.com/galway

The demand for pharmacies in galway city centre must be huge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

dharma200 wrote: »
    Dealz is great, they have one in Limerick... Be warned tho you end up spending a fortune in it �� delighted they are opening as Galway is lacking a good pound shop....
    They have trollies...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

The demand for pharmacies in galway city centre must be huge :pac:

Seriously! Are we all addicted to prescription drugs? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

New "apple reseller" store Compub seems to be opening where Zerep used to be across from AIB in Shop Street. Signs up on the windows but no results from a Google search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    New "apple reseller" store Compub seems to be opening where Zerep used to be across from AIB in Shop Street. Signs up on the windows but no results from a Google search.

Signs on windows say that it opens on 14 September.

KC Blakes restaurant in Quay Street is "closed for renovations". Planning app on the window says they want to pull out the existing commercial kitchen and put in a coffee shop.

Spanish Arch hotel has a sign outside saying they're looking for a number of different types of staff. Odd that a hotel would be looking for lots of different staff at the same time, unless it's perhaps under new management. (There's a rumour out there, but I'm sticking to facts ...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

foxy_19-89 wrote: »

Compu-B looking for staff: http://compub.com/jobs/sales-2/

KC Blakes at Spanish Arch/Quay St will be rebranded as 'Costa' coffee shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

KC Blakes restaurant in Quay Street is "closed for renovations". Planning app on the window says they want to pull out the existing commercial kitchen and put in a coffee shop.

D Trent wrote: »

http://www.connachttribune.ie/galway-news/item/1230-coffee-giant-to-open-galway-city-premises

Spanish Arch hotel has a sign outside saying they're looking for a number of different types of staff. Odd that a hotel would be looking for lots of different staff at the same time, unless it's perhaps under new management. (There's a rumour out there, but I'm sticking to facts ...)

It's in NAMA, I'll leave the obvious unstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Well that's the most depressing thing I've heard of late....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

While it's disappointing that another multinational rather than a locally-owned business is opening, it could have been worse ...
    MBCC Foods – which also operates the KFC and Pizza Hut franchises in Ireland
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

antoobrien wrote: »

Indeed ... which is what I was doing too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

A new shop is to open within a month in closed down O2 Store on Williamsgate street, beside Logues shoe shop. Not too sure what type of shop it is though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

Both Eddie Rockets are now Gone. There now Rockin Joes

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Wha?!?!?!:eek::eek:

I wonder is it just a name change or have they changed the concept?

ValerieR wrote: »
    Wha?!?!?!:eek::eek:

I wonder is it just a name change or have they changed the concept?

Menu is exact same for now but there planning on putting there own touch on it. Just pulled from the franchise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Paddyfield wrote: »
    A new shop is to open within a month in closed down O2 Store on Williamsgate street, beside Logues shoe shop. Not too sure what type of shop it is though.

Paddyfield, we need more than just rumours to go on here. Anything more credible like a sign or anything that would give us an idea?

Christ above on his 10 speed, have mercy. This is a dark day... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Menu is exact same for now but there planning on putting there own touch on it. Just pulled from the franchise

Bad news imo :( I liked Eddie Rockets
    But thank you for letting us know ... I won't be disappointed next time I fancy a blue cheese burger and go there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Paddyfield, we need more than just rumours to go on here. Anything more credible like a sign or anything that would give us an idea?

Christ above on his 10 speed, have mercy. This is a dark day... :(

just for my own info so that I don't stray off side but what was the difference in either post. None of them had a link or any form of proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Ginger-Power.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Any sign of the Students Discount poster on the window??

think there keepin there student deals and voucher deals going just changing burger names and stuff.

just for my own info so that I don't stray off side but what was the difference in either post. None of them had a link or any form of proof?

It's in post 1

X shop has now become Y shop, as I have seen it.

vs.

Something somewhere is happening sometime. <shifty eyes>

newkie wrote: »
    Ginger-Power.png

I was going to say something here about being a proud member of the 'Secret Order of the Red Fist', but that sounds more like an organisation that holds council in the bus station toilets, rather than anything politically productive... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Paddyfield, we need more than just rumours to go on here. Anything more credible like a sign or anything that would give us an idea?:(

I'm familiar with the rules. I actually heard the type of shop it is but as i have no link, I didn't post. Anyone passing the old O2 store on Williamsgate Street on Monday could see that there was activity in the shop.

The owner of the premises, Dermot Ryan, told me but he didn't tell me the name of the shop but he told me the type of shop it is.

Paddyfield wrote: »
    The owner of the premises, Dermot Ryan, told me but he didn't tell me the name of the shop but he told me the type of shop it is.

Sound. Keep us posted. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

Dealz officially opened today in Galway shopping centre...old Atlantic building,beside bowling alley .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement