Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank of Ireland (365online / ATM) issues anyone else?

• 31-07-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hi

Went to withdraw money at the atm today and it said 'your card is not valid for 365 services'. So I then tried my card at several other atm's and got the same message for all. I also wanted to use my card on billpay.ie to pay a littlewoods bill and it was refused. I have been using my bank of Ireland card for years and never had a problem or a message like todays. My card is valid until september 2012. I rang banking 365 today and they were not able to help, they just told me to contact my branch which will have to be next Tuesday now as its a bank holiday on monday. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on. I am not overdrawn on the account and I need to withdraw money for the weekend. I went online on the banking 365 website and it gave me my account balance.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sounds like there's a problem with the card itself, you could keep trying your card over the weekend, but there's a chance that you'll need to order a new one when your branch opens on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Today and yesterday I have tried unsuccessfully to log onto Banking 365. In case it was my laptop I did the usual clearing history and what not and this morning tried again but no go, I used another laptop just in case and it's just the same, it allows me to enter my details but then logs me out.
    I then tried the telephone option but also, after keying in my account details on the phone, I get the message that this service is unavailable and there are not agents currently available to take my call - I'm getting a bit paranoid at this stage, is it just me......??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Getting and error message after I key in my details saying they're unable to process my request.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

I've been trying this morning too but can't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

nope me too. Cant get through on the phone line either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Can't get in, but was able to get in though the internet on my phone earlier on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Same here, been trying since 8.30 or so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

RE : BUSINESS ON LINE - Bank of Ireland a bit different to Banking 365 but same bank

I can log in and view balances but have done payments today but transactions not yet shown up on account.

Telephone message on business on line ..."technical difficulties ! " ..dont redo payments ..they might be duplicated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I was just up in BOI Drumcondra and they siad there that their systems were down, not sure if its related to though but its looking likely. Ive also been having issues logging in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was able to get into my Euro account yesterday but cant get in today. When i enter the codes on the first page it takes ages to load and then just goes error message.

Also have a sterling account in the North and thats not accessible either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Lawson Harsh Snub-nosed

Yup down here too. Also phone banking down as well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Me too, it was sluggish yesterday evening but I could get into my accounts page. At this point I can't log in at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Chibodee

The system in Bank of Ireland has gone down according to bank officials - all the banks around the country are affected...from what I've seen in the three banks I've been to in Galway this morning - they are taking money in but you cannot withdraw cash! It's a bloody nuisance :mad::mad: I wanted to buy a laptop today! Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The bbc have an article on it happening up the north. Sounds like their network is fubar'd. I hope they don't have to deal with the same customer support that regular people do when their internets go down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11937654
    7 December 2010 Last updated at 11:49 GMT

Bank of Ireland ATM and online systems fail
    Automatic teller machine (ATM) Customers have been unable to use the bank's cash machines

Customers of one of Ireland's largest banks have been unable to access their cash accounts through ATMs or online.

The Bank of Ireland said it became aware at 1000 GMT on Tuesday that ATMs were not working and customers were unable to make online transactions.

A spokesperson said the fault lay with the bank's internal system and engineers were working to restore normal services.

The Bank of Ireland has 44 branches throughout Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just been into BOI on Pearse St. No problem using the ATM there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

Looks like their business on line system is down now aswell. I was in our business account this morn but cant access it now.

hope the express lodgements i did this mon will go into my account for standing orders tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just took €40 out of a BOI ATM in the IFSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Report from rte.ie/news:
    Bank of Ireland customers are experiencing problems withdrawing cash because the bank's computer system is down.

The system for all online and telephone banking is down, while Bank of Ireland customers are also having difficulty withdrawing cash from ATMs.

A spokesperson said it is an 'unforeseen temporary technical issue', which the bank is working to resolve.

While branches are open, there maybe some 'minor restrictions on cash withdrawals', the spokesperson said.

Tellers cannot access the up-to-date balance on customers' accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Just spent the last 20mins trying to login there, thought it was an issue with my phone - phew! Hoepefully they fix it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

What happens if you have direct debits due out of your account like mortgages etc? Is this going to be put down as a failed transaction or can we trust BOI to assure other banks that this is a problem with their systems and not due to insufficient funds in peoples accounts?

Knew I should have opened that RABO bank account a few weeks back.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What happens if you have direct debits due out of your account like mortgages etc? Is this going to be put down as a failed transaction or can we trust BOI to assure other banks that this is a problem with their systems and not due to insufficient funds in peoples accounts?
    The direct debit will be initiated by the payee (e.g. Bord Gáis). I don't know the exact basis behind the whole setup, but it's likely that the connection will be reported as a connection failure and queued up to be retried by the payee. The payee's systems will only record a failure to pay if they receive a message back showing that the payment cannot be honoured.

It's more complicated than a simple "Direct Debit has failed, punish bill payer".

I imagine standing orders will be affected.

However, I wouldn't fear too much, it's not going to be an outage of the order of days. I've heard - though it could be an urban myth - that if a bank's IT systems are offline for more than 24 hours (or maybe 36) that they are legally obliged to declare themselves insolvent and file for bankruptcy or similar.
    Even if it's not true, you can be sure that people are working serious overtime to get this sorted today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1207/bankofireland.html
    Bank of Ireland customers are experiencing problems withdrawing cash because the bank's computer system is down.

The system for all online and telephone banking is down, while Bank of Ireland customers are also having difficulty withdrawing cash from ATMs.

A spokesperson said it is an 'unforeseen temporary technical issue', which the bank is working to resolve.

While branches are open, there maybe some 'minor restrictions on cash withdrawals', the spokesperson said.

Tellers cannot access the up-to-date balance on customers' accounts.

Bank of Ireland said all ATMs are operating normally but with a restricted cash service for BoI cardholders.

It said some customers may be unable to conduct point-of-sale transactions but Bank of Ireland credit card transactions are unaffected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Went into BOI O'Connell St in Dublin and there was an unusually large queue waiting to use the ATM's with more people heading upstairs to the Cashiers. I managed to withdraw €300 with no problems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I was in my local branch today and could not do anything as all systems were down, since I got back to the office I have tried my personal online banking and my business online and both are down. Fooked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rawheadrex

Toots* wrote: »
    Sounds like there's a problem with the card itself, you could keep trying your card over the weekend, but there's a chance that you'll need to order a new one when your branch opens on Tuesday.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bank-of-ireland-and-atm-systems-are-completely-down-2010-12

365online website completely offline now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Has Eric Cantona broken the banks?

• Advertisement

You cantona be serious? :eek:
    scargill wrote: »
    Has Eric Cantona broken the banks?

Advertisement