Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinaclav same as Augmentin?

• 10-07-2012 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭ Fiona Abundant Board

The title says it all really...
    I got a prescription for Augmentin but the pharmacy didn't have it and gave me Pinaclav instead.
    I did query the pharmacist but I'm almost 9 months pregnant and just want to be double sure that Pinaclav is the same as Augmentin before I take it.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

They both contain co-amoxiclav, which is sold under the brand names Augmentin and Pinaclav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭ Fiona Abundant Board

Vorsprung wrote: »
    They both contain co-amoxiclav, which is sold under the brand names of Augmentin and Pinaclav.

Really appreciate the reply Vorsprung

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I did query the pharmacist but I'm almost 9 months pregnant and just want to be double sure that Pinaclav is the same as Augmentin before I take it.
    Thanks.

A quick question, which I pose as a 'thought provoker' rather than looking for an answer:

You say you asked the pharmacist who told you that they're the same thing. You KNOW about the bona fides of the person you spoke to there - they're a registered pharmacist in a registered pharmacy.

Yet you don't believe them.

So you came here to ask the same question: will you believe anyone who might answer?

If the answer is 'Yes', my question is: Why?

Vorsprung has answered. I can confirm that his answer is correct. But you don't know anything about who either of us is.

Why disbelieve a person that you know is a pharmacist, but believe randomers on the 'net?

Hope you get well soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement