Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlisle Grounds Redevelopment

• 26-02-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I was just randomly browsing through wikipedia, when I saw a section that said back in 2009 there was plans in the works for redevelopment. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on this? Or has the plan been scrapped?

I did notice this while I was searching for information http://www.wdr-rt-taggart.com/HTML/Masterplanning/Bray/Bray-1.html
    I'm not sure how old this is but if it's the same plan I was referring to it's quite ambitious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think it has been put on the back-burner for obvious reasons. It'd be financial suicide to be involved in it now.

Really hope Wanderers don't move ground/location, it just wouldn't be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Those images are very ambitious, but would/will never happen.

aside from the lack of cash, there would be a lot of complaints from residents especially concerning the height of the adjoining buildings.

As a non-bray person, it would have been very interesting had it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Those images are very ambitious, but would/will never happen.

aside from the lack of cash, there would be a lot of complaints from residents especially concerning the height of the adjoining buildings.

As a non-bray person, it would have been very interesting had it happened.
    I agree with the complaints area as I am a resident that lives across the road from the Carlisle Grounds, so I'm kind of relieved it's not going ahead.

Advertisement