Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 4lbs tonight :D Couldn't believe it when I saw it. I lost the 2lbs from exam time and 2lbs extra!! Would love to get my next stone next week, 1.5lbs away from it.

Was at the doctors today and it turns out I have a kidney infection so not sure how this will affect me doing the mini-marathon. Definitely won't be walking tomorrow. Hopefully by Fri I'll be much better.

Lainy there is definitely something going around. My infection started as a bad cold yesterday and a few people have colds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Down 4lbs tonight :D Couldn't believe it when I saw it. I lost the 2lbs from exam time and 2lbs extra!! Would love to get my next stone next week, 1.5lbs away from it.

Was at the doctors today and it turns out I have a kidney infection so not sure how this will affect me doing the mini-marathon. Definitely won't be walking tomorrow. Hopefully by Fri I'll be much better.

Lainy there is definitely something going around. My infection started as a bad cold yesterday and a few people have colds.

I just feel so tired! like the energy is being pulled out of me....

I also think i've been eating way too many potatoes lately....they are jst so quick and easy....and filling! Need to go back to brown rice for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 3lb at WI :D:D Absolutely delighted. To say I was shocked when I stood on the scales is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!! And I am now in the 14's :D:D 2lb away from 7th silver seven and 3lb away from 50lb lost... Really excited now and totally back on track. I have come to the conclusion that my body will do what it wants, when it wants and it will lose the weight when it wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Laurbie

Just back from my WI, down 4 lbs yay! can't tell you how delighted I am! :D Congrats to everyone else! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm up for the challenge!
    Was down 0.5lbs this week but had a few big loses this month so balances it out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

ok, a few things:

1. I too am up for the challenge, I'm goint to shoot for 8LBS this month... as it would land me below the 200LBS!:cool:
    2. all this talking of boobs .... you're making it tough for us guys to concentrate while reading this:D
    aspie mum wrote: »
    If you give someone with a ww calculator your height and goal weight we can plug in the info and get your daily allowance for you then oH will also need your age pm me and i will do it

thanks aspie, I have my allowance as I have the formula in a spread sheet, however the one think I dont have it the lowest number of points a fella can end up with ie, as my weight drops so do the points, but when do they stop dropping?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

Had my weigh in today and was up 1lb, think it was my week in London catching up on me, did a lot of drinking and eating stuff i shouldn't. Back on the straight and narrow this week and will get rid of it again next week. Got a new Jack Russell on Sunday as company for my terrier, great fun now trying to walk the two of them at the same time:D keep getting tangled :D still its great to get the exercise.

I hate scones....they are too yummy when just out of the oven!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    ok, a few things:

1. all this talking of boobs .... you're making it tough for us guys to concentrate while reading this:D

Sorry GT:D
    They're not all their cracked up to be lol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 katmcl

WI today week 4 of WW and down another 4lbs - that's a total of 18.5lbs so far :D 37.5lbs to go...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 katmcl

brilliant! well done Monife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

GT lol good question on the points how low do they go down to!

Lainy I found a healthy recipe for scones I can post it for you in the desert section

I have my WI tomorrow hope I see a loss love two pounds but .5 will do :)

Meant to say well done on all the weight loss really good this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

My second WI.. Lost 4lbs! So so happy..
    Not bad for one week of the program!

Even after my bad night with 10 drinks and taco chips on the way home.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

lizlemon wrote: »
    Just wanted to check with the girls.. have any of you found it hard to loose weight from your bust? I'd love to loose as much as possible from that area as I'm quite big on top.

I've lost 13 pounds in the last 5 weeks but I haven't seen much of a loss from there.. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Finding it hard to lose weight from this area too!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

way to go peeps there are some serious losses this week :cool: my WI is tomorrow but me suspects that the fudgefest at the weekend did some damage so I shall be peeking at the scales result through my fingers :(

on the plus side I got my bum off the couch and did workout 2 on C25K, so I am a happy bunny!!!!

LOL GT.....sorry.....alas unlike the rest my chest is deflating rapidly.....can't shift inches anywhere else but man alive its shifting from there this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well done on all the losses some fab results :) especially Eabha & Monife :D thrilled for ye girls & Monife totally the right attitude it's all that exercise catching up with the scales well done! :)

Feel better soon Eabha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

flamelily wrote: »
    way to go peeps there are some serious losses this week :cool: my WI is tomorrow but me suspects that the fudgefest at the weekend did some damage so I shall be peeking at the scales result through my fingers :(

on the plus side I got my bum off the couch and did workout 2 on C25K, so I am a happy bunny!!!!

LOL GT.....sorry.....alas unlike the rest my chest is deflating rapidly.....can't shift inches anywhere else but man alive its shifting from there this week :(

My chest is deflating too :( I dont mind if it goes down to a B (was a large C before I started WW) but only if it perks up a bit too. I wish the weight would go from my back and stomach. Although a good bit has gone from legs and stomach, my back is still persisting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

up half a pound (sigh) my weight loss/gain goes in half pounds... i may be at this a while:rolleyes:

in relation to bust, a few years ago when i lost two stone, i dropped six inches off my back but sorry to tell you my cup size stayed at a G...!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Can't go to morning WI tomorrow so will have to go to the evening one after work. Much prefer the a.m. meet and then after that is a whole new week. Gonna have usual porridge and blueberries for breakfast and then some soup and homemade soda bread for lunch and some fruit, I suppose I should leave it at that then till weigh in??? Any suggestions?

Fab losses this week people!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just wondering if anyone is on high points? I'm on 46 pro points and today I only managed 33 pro points. I know I could use them on a biscuit or treat, but as it's only my first day I don't want to get off to a bad start. Do you have to use all your points? I don't feel hungry but I'm not stuffed either!

On another note, today was a really good day for me. I've started to weigh all my food and it's really opened my eyes. I did out the pro points for all the junk that I usually eat - it's really shocking! It definitely makes me think twice. Before I would sit on the couch and just eat, without even thinking to stop til I was full of junk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Pass what ever bit of bust ye dont want over here girls!!! Either that or I need boob job!!! My boobs small anyway,but gettin smaller :rolleyes:WI tomorro am!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Caros wrote: »
    Can't go to morning WI tomorrow so will have to go to the evening one after work. Much prefer the a.m. meet and then after that is a whole new week. Gonna have usual porridge and blueberries for breakfast and then some soup and homemade soda bread for lunch and some fruit, I suppose I should leave it at that then till weigh in??? Any suggestions?

Fab losses this week people!!!!

I weigh in at 5 every week and I would try to make sure that I have my lunch by 2 so the food is well through before weigh-in and I wouldn't OD on water after lunch either. I just try to make sure than every week I have a relatively similar intake of food for lunch that day so I get consistent results, from what you normally eat I'd say ul be fine.

Oh on the chest front (:p) I've gone down a cup size, weight seemed to go first from my face, then worked its way down, I'm still waiting for smaller thighs..........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

lizt wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is on high points? I'm on 46 pro points and today I only managed 33 pro points. I know I could use them on a biscuit or treat, but as it's only my first day I don't want to get off to a bad start. Do you have to use all your points? I don't feel hungry but I'm not stuffed either!

I'm on 45PP, for example this is what I had today(44PP):

Food - QTY - PP
    Nestle Cheerios 30grm - 1 - 5
    Milk Low Fat - 1 - 2
    Banana
    - 1 - 0
    SV Probiotic Yoghurt Low Fat
    - 1 - 2
    Speculoos(1)
    - 2 - 2
    Apple - 2 - 0
    Orange
    - 2 - 0
    Soup Work
    - 1 - 1
    Bread Soda Slc
    - 2 - 4
    Butter(lowlow)
    - 1 - 1
    Salad
    - 1 - 0
    Salad Dressing (Work) 1tbsp
    - 1 - 1
    Potato Salad 1 tbsp
    - 1 - 2
    Egg (medium)
    - 1 - 2
    Mayo Lite 1tbsp
    - 1 - 1
    Tuna 70grm
    - 1 - 2
    Noodles 50grm
    - 1 - 5
    Peas
    - 1 - 1
    Cooking Oil
    - 1 - 1
    Turkey Diced 125 grm
    - 1 - 3
    Sweet Chilli Dip 100ml
    - 1 - 6
    Dessert Vanilla Lidl
    - 1 - 2
    Merengue
    - 1 - 1
    Fruit Salad
    - 1 - 0

speculoos is a belgian biscuit type thing.
    the tuna, egg and mayo get mixed for the salad( again a belgian thing :))

On the Q of where are we loosing weight, deffo my face( I saw a pic taken 6 months ago(I should have been on BIGGEST LOOSER!!), and waist, I've gone from a size 42(in some trousers) to a 36 at the moment ... in 17weeks:D

lizt wrote: »

On another note, today was a really good day for me. I've started to weigh all my food and it's really opened my eyes. I did out the pro points for all the junk that I usually eat - it's really shocking! It definitely makes me think twice. Before I would sit on the couch and just eat, without even thinking to stop til I was full of junk!

I'm on 43 daily....but at the moment i'm going thru them like there is no ww....serious munchies and snacking taking over since end college...my routine out of wack.

right....going to curl up with the PUPPY and some coco and watch criminal minds and CSI reruns...and then drag my ass to bed and hope that i dont wake before 11.

my batteries must be faulty i just been running on empty and malfunctioning last 2 weeks...

Need a few good nights sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭harr

Well done to everyone on such great weight loss this week some great numbers been lost.
    My broadband is down for the next few days I am lost without it, typing this on my phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Meant to say that I'm finished with iwatchr now. :( It was wrecking my head - every time I closed it, it would say "error closing" and all this crap :mad: So now I have WW Points Diary. Seems ok, but I prefere the layout of iwatchr. Just have to get used to it - like that it follows the UK Propoints plan - iwatchr only has the US one and it was annoying!

Crap!!! I'm using iwatcher and find it great.. I have it on non us setting and when leader was pointing something at meeting I entered values in phone and it worked out the same.. Oh Jesus I hope it's not off and I've been doing myself all along with pp's.. I logged a solero exotic the other day at 2pp's. The kids were heading to shop and I wanted one!! Can someone with proper calculator confirm points if they've had one...
    Also can someone tell me the pp's in 2 hot whiskeys?? I'm flipping smothering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Feeling a bit tired this morning, last day of getting up on my own so back to driving from tomoro hubby's better! Least I made a dint in my clock 
    Anyway I'm getting yet another blasted sore throat (had tonsils out 5yrs ago) thing is I keep getting these awful throat infections and doc is baffled have gotten bloods and swabs done showing nothing up on either so he's sending me to hospital to get it investigated (when I get an apt so photos of throat will have to do hospital) does anyone else suffer from this it's like the worst mouth ulcers right at the back of my throat all over the dangly thing (dunno what it's called) and down one side it changes sides every time
    Sorry for the moan just feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning

Layla sounds like streph throat, my hubby used to get it all the time very painful hope you feel better soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

WI last night and was down 1lb. I'll be honest I was a bit gutted as I thought I was so good. Didn't go off points and drank tonnes more water, even introduced grapefruit in the mornings (Yuck!). Thought it would have been more. Although totm arrived Monday so would this affect it by much?

I know a loss is better than being up and i'm thankfull its a loss but still feeling very deflated this morning and loosing motivation!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement