Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Hi guys,

My daughters passport will expire in September 2014.

She is 3.

My husband heard from a friend of a friend that some countries might not allow her enter / stay if there is not six months left on her passport.

I'm asking you guys if you know any countries where this is a problem in case I find an affordable family holiday for us this year for travel during the school summer holidays?

Hi guys,

She is 3.

My husband heard from a friend of a friend that some countries might not allow her enter / stay if there is not six months left on her passport.

I'm asking you guys if you know any countries where this is a problem in case I find an affordable family holiday for us this year for travel during the school summer holidays?

Check with the airline you're with. Some country's ask for 3-6 months validity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Hi guys,

She is 3.

In the EU there is no minimum validity required so as long as the passport is valid she can travel. Off the top of my head Turkey requires a 6 month validity from the date of entry but that's the only country I can think of where you might get a bargain holiday and have this requirement.

If in doubt ask that countries embassy as opposed to airlines or travel agents who almost always say that you need 6 months when you usually don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

veetwin wrote: »
    In the EU there is no minimum validity required so as long as the passport is valid she can travel. Off the top of my head Turkey requires a 6 month validity from the date of entry but that's the only country I can think of where you might get a bargain holiday and have this requirement.

If in doubt ask that countries embassy as opposed to airlines or travel agents who almost always say that you need 6 months when you usually don't.

Thanks - it's probably Disneyland France or the Canaries / Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Redlady14

At least your one is being checked .mine is still received and registered stage . Hopefully it'll change on moday . Finger crossed . Btw Which office your application in ? Thanks

I received the 2 passports today : ) so it was 13 working days not too bad : )))

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mayflower2014

Redlady14 wrote: »
    I received the 2 passports today : ) so it was 13 working days not too bad : )))

Great . My one is being checked . How long ur one took to going next stage after being checked ,? Have a grt holiday .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Redlady14

Great . My one is being checked . How long ur one took to going next stage after being checked ,? Have a grt holiday .

Thanks It went to the next stage later that day then posted the following morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

My Passport is out of date in July. I'm going to go with Passport Express when I renew it in the next couple of days.

When I send off the forms do I have to send my old passport along with the new application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I'm traveling in a weeks time, my issue date is today, but it is still only showing as registered.

I also forgot to send something in with my application, which I posted the next day to the passport office in Dublin, so I'm afraid this might delay it further.

Should I start panicking now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Mine has an issue date of tomorrow, but it has not moved from the "Being Checked" status it got almost 2 weeks ago. I tried to call but they are not accepting calls right now. I'm leaving for holidays in 2 weeks. What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deink

Redlady14 wrote: »

Is it faster for people who've only sent away for 1 passport (renewal)? Need to book a flight for early next month but don't want to waste money on a ticket I won't be able to use if I'm still waiting on my passport. Has anyone actually received their passport in 10 working days recently?

deink wrote: »
    Is it faster for people who've only sent away for 1 passport (renewal)? Need to book a flight for early next month but don't want to waste money on a ticket I won't be able to use if I'm still waiting on my passport. Has anyone actually received their passport in 10 working days recently?
    It's 15 working days today. And I got my sons first ever passport approved . Yet to receive. So probably it'll take 17 days to receive it on my door.

I applied 11 working days ago, I got a call from a nice wan today to let me know she just approved my passport and I should recurve it by Tuesday due to the bank holiday.... So it will be 13 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SirMeow

I have a question.
    My passport was approved and printed on Wednesday. Should I receive it today/friday

SirMeow wrote: »
    I have a question.
    My passport was approved and printed on Wednesday. Should I receive it today/friday

My ones status shown approved yesterday evening . Then within one hour it changed straight to posted and got an post tracking number . So I'll get it tomorrow . Have u got tracking number ?

My ones status shown approved yesterday evening . Then within one hour it changed straight to posted and got an post tracking number . So I'll get it tomorrow . Have u got tracking number ?

Postman just left and i still havnt received the passport yet.
    The status still says passport printed.... Its been like this for 2 days now.
    Also who ships the passport and at what time would it arrive

Postman just left and i still havnt received the passport yet.
    The status still says passport printed.... Its been like this for 2 days now.
    Also who ships the passport and at what time would it arrive

Hi, just got my one delivered by postman 1 hour back . The postman just drop it in my postbox. I think once the passport posted you'll receive the tracking number on passport status update. Let's hope you'll get it posted today and received it by Tuesday . Finger crossed.

Can anything be done to speed up passport express if you've proof of travel? Or does that only work if you made one of those emergency applications in the first place

• Advertisement

deink wrote: »
    Can anything be done to speed up passport express if you've proof of travel? Or does that only work if you made one of those emergency applications in the first place

If you provide them with proof of travel they change it to an emergency type status. Give them a ring and see

If you provide them with proof of travel they change it to an emergency type status. Give them a ring and see

Cheers, I'll give that a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 D.murphy

I completely forgot to renew my passport and i have my holidays on the 11th of June! Has anyone ever been in this situation or know the solution to my problem?! Any help much appreciated!!

So my passport got sent out today. Monday is a bank holiday so what are the chances I receive it on Tuesday? My flight is on Wednesday

So my passport got sent out today. Monday is a bank holiday so what are the chances I receive it on Tuesday? My flight is on Wednesday

Mine was sent out today and they said Id have it by Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Hi again,

I've all my forms signed and stamped but do I have to be there at the post office to send it off or could someone do it for me?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Hi, how do the passport office react to cross through on text made on the forms? I asked both the clerk at the post office and the guy at the front of the passport office in Dublin and they both said it will be alright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

You should have it Tuesday but that's up to An Post and not the passport office. Delivery in it Ireland usually just takes one day but the bank holiday throws your out to Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

DC403l wrote: »
    Hi, how do the passport office react to cross through on text made on the forms? I asked both the clerk at the post office and the guy at the front of the passport office in Dublin and they both said it will be alright?

All the forms are read by a scanner but are then checked by a person after. If the scanner messed up the checker can fix any mistakes made during scanning. Don't worry about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement