Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭lisij

there's no kit for the dual coils in stock anywhere atm

ezsmoke have a dual coil kit, but the dual coils are clear.. and i can't reccomend them any time i've used a clear dual coil i've not enjoyed it at all and after you've filled them 2 or 3 times the filler looks pretty disgusting inside the clear case.
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/dual-coil-cartomizer-starter-p-96.html

you could order that if you want (they also have dekang juices, same as thebestshop)
    but i can not stress enough how much I hated the clear dual coils. they were kinda.. delicate. you had to be real careful screwing them off the battery or the casing could seperate from the battery end and the filler would fall out. it isn't definitely going to happen, but it happen to me pretty often whenever I tried the clears so now I just use the blacks/stainless steels.

discount code of "vape" at ezsmoke until the 24th
    discount code of "irishvape" at thebestshop
    think both are 10%

now, so i finally got to the video and all your recommendations
    here a couple of questions:
    1. how often do you change Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer's should i get more than one?

2. you recommended aluminum drip tips, how often do you change those? and how many should i get? (ill be the only supplier for my dad, and he lives outside of Ireland, so ill need to post them to him all the time)

3. how many batteries should i get, i suggest at least 2 (ive selected 2x900Mah thanx to you :) )

4. about the flavors :) how long will the 10ml liquid last for, how many times i could fill in the e-cig with 10ml approx, how many should i get for emm.. say a 2-3 months time ?

just a quick to buy list of what i have to have in my basket:
    a battery x 2, a cartomizer x ?, a drip tip x ?, a charger mains/USB x one each, and a flavor liquid x ?
    thats correct ?
    sorry for all the questions, dont really know anything about those e-cigarettes :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

one cartomiser should last between 4 days to a week. you might get unlucky and have one that just craps out after 2-3 days, or you might decide that you dont mind vaping on one for two weeks. it's a good idea to have 4-5 of them at hand anyway.

I most certainly do not reccomend aluminium drip tips.. bloody hate metal drip tips :) some people like them though, so no harm to include one I guess. oh you only need one or two drip tips, i'm still using the same ones I got a year ago.

yeah 2 batteries is good

its hard to say how long 10ml will last for, it all depends on how much vaping your father will be doing. back when I used a similar kit I probably went through about 10-15ml a week? and I was vaping just about constantly.

so yeah 2 batteries, 4-5 cartomisers, 1 or 2 drip tips, charger/mains adapter, liquids

if your father lives abroad, there probably are websites from that country to order from. be quicker/cheaper than ordering stuff to you and then you shipping them out to him.

--edit

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT

here is a starter kit on an irish site with everything except for the juices and drip tips

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT

here is a starter kit on an irish site with everything except for the juices and drip tips
    it works out nearly the same price as if i would order from thebestshop.eu even 4 euro more, but i guess those 4 euro are for the zipped carry case :)
    ok so for 2-3 months time ill be buying :
    ~15 dual cartomizer's, NOT clear ones :)
    1 aluminium, 1 delrin drip tips :)
    2 x 900Mah batteries
    charger mains/USB
    and approx 4-5 liquids different flavors
    thats about it?
    would i need any extra accessories?

nope, that seems to be everything

dont forget to include an adapter for the mains plug if the country he's in needs it :)

emmm.. about the batteries, can i go with this one http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/joye-ego-t-battery-all-types-/prod_192.html
    or i have to stay with the one you offered?

• Advertisement

reason im asking, i would prefer to order everything from one site rather than many, and probably would work out cheaper on delivery :)

nah, they're fine

they're basically the same afaik just different branding, and if one is any better than the other it'll only be by the tiniest amount so not really worth worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Pretty sure the Riva batteries are not regulated voltage.

Go with the ones you linked to be sure...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/joye-ego-t-battery-all-types-/prod_192.html

and

I'd ditch the aluminum drip tip and go for this one instead...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/drip-tips/transparent-drip-tips/prod_146.html

derra wrote: »
    I'd ditch the aluminum drip tip and go for this one instead...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/drip-tips/transparent-drip-tips/prod_146.html
    ive removed the aluminium and selected the transparent dip and delrin one, or should ill stay with only the transparent?

if he smokes that many cigarettes i'd say a minimum of 18mg juice
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid-pg-/-vg/10ml-eliquid-pg/prod_99.html
    or
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/liqua-eliquid/cat_40.html

maybe 24mg even. or get a bottle of 24 and a bottle of 18, see if the 18 keeps him satisfied.
    it's important to note that no tobacco ejuice tastes like a cigarette as it's pretty impossible to duplicate the taste of burning plant material and paper but nice tobacco juices from those sites (in my opinion) are
    deluxe tobacco
    winston/wensten
    marlboro/us mix
    cuba cigar
    ive selected couple of your recommendation juices, and selected a cappuccino one, have you tryed it personally? my dad loves coffee, so i touhgt ill get him a taste of what he likes, ive seen the coffee taste liquid there, but think it would be kind of "bitter"

• Advertisement

it doest make a huge difference, depends on what you want in terms of looks really

lisij wrote: »
    ive selected couple of your recommendation juices, and selected a cappuccino one, have you tryed it personally? my dad loves coffee, so i touhgt ill get him a taste of what he likes, ive seen the coffee taste liquid there, but think it would be kind of "bitter"

I think I tried the cappucino before and liked it.. but it was about a year ago and peoples tastes vary pretty wildly with ejuice

the liqua range coffee that thebestshop has is pretty nice but yeah it is kinda bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

ive removed the aluminium and selected the transparent dip and delrin one, or should ill stay with only the transparent?

One of each is fine, be surprised the difference they make.

derra wrote: »
    One of each is fine, be surprised the difference they make.
    ok, thanks will give em a try :)

I think I tried the cappucino before and liked it.. but it was about a year ago and peoples tastes vary pretty wildly with ejuice

the liqua range coffee that thebestshop has is pretty nice but yeah it is kinda bitter
    thanx for all of your answers, you've helped me alot, just hope my dad will like this e thing :) and after, MAYBE even quits smoking once and for all
    Thanx AGAIN

no problem, hope he likes it :)

no problem, hope he likes it :)

Oh and one more thing, if i order everithing separate, will i receive a Atomizer cover?

Just watched that video again, and the chap there said theyr not really fit good on dual coils, so should i get the cover or not?

derra or tommy2bad or someone said they fit fine, so I dunno

I never used them as I think it looks fine with the battery an cartomiser, without the cone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The cone covers fit fine over a dual coil carto, as long as its stainless, the black ones have a tape around them that makes them ever so slightly thicker.

eeloe wrote: »
    The cone covers fit fine over a dual coil carto, as long as its stainless, the black ones have a tape around them that makes them ever so slightly thicker.

So, would you suggest to buy it, or it will look ok with out it?

To be honest, the device looks fine with just a battery and cartomizer.

But it looks a little more stream stream lined with the cone cover, it's a very personal preference kinda thing.

They are only a couple of euro, so ya might aswell get one! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

What are they 2 or 3 euros,? I'd get it for the look, they definitive wont fit the clear dual coils though.
    It dosn't do anything only give a smoth look, and some thing to twiddle with.
    My phone cord is missing (bet the daughter stole it for her phone) or I would put up a pic with and without. I googled and while theirs loads of pics with the cone theirs none without.
    Good luck hope it works out for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Say nothing I found one! Seems it has a 306 on it, the DCC would be longer.
    214550932_213300573edb3a60aab369d8682f00798547c1b90970dbef9.jpg
    And with;
    ego%20pic.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Although I use my Ego both with & without the cone, it does have a function that is more than just cosmetic. When cone is attached the draw is that little bit tighter, which depending on cartomizer / clearomizer / atomizer attached can make a small but significant difference to the devices performance. e.g I think the cone really enhances the Smokeymizer performance, and if you have a really crackly DCC or ordinary cartomiser, fitting the cone will silence it somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The cone will also make the device cooler to hold.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Oh and one more thing, if i order everything separate, will i receive a Atomizer cover?

For simplicity and ease of use buy a complete starter kit from one of the vendors. This way you can be sure you have ALL that is needed and most starter kits come with a user manual. Very important for a beginner!

LLAAAAAADDDDSSSS!!!! thank you sooooo Fecking much for advising me this e-cigarette.. i've just got it from courier... im so SHOCKED how this thing tastes like a REAL cigarette, i would never believed it would be as same as a normal one... i used to smoke myself 7 years ago (quited) and i got exact same felling when i try this one, i even gotten a little DIZZY if you know what i mean, and i got that shaky legs felling like if you would smoke your first fag in the morning, that is so f amazing O_O and jesus did i i cough from my first inhale, o my god :) i think that is too strong for me 18mg, cant imagine what would happen if i inhaled 24mg O_O
    THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH "Sir Digby Chicken Caesar" for advising it to me, i 90% sure my dad would love it and quit normal fags (and maybe some day quit smoking at all)
    now about the instructions/manual, ive kindly asked the thebestshop.eu could they include one, and they replied via email with all the instructions on the youtube, thanks to them, they also included the carrying case for FREE to put all the batteries in it
    once again thank you all for your help, im so pleased with this product, now hope me dad loves it, he better be :)

• Advertisement

Bart(TheBestShop) is a lovely chap, if ya ever have a problem in the future or need any advice, he's always willing to help.

That is if you have a question, and ya don't get an answer here :D

Happy Vaping :)

Advertisement