Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OS X 10.10 Yosemite

• 23-09-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

The wait is killing me....

When is the day of release ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

October sometime. Probably the last week.

I’m not sure it’s still open, but you can try signing up for the public beta in the meantime.

https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The public beta is fairly stable too. I've had no real issues, though I'm only using it for web browsing, media management and programming. Only time things have crashed is if I tried to upload more than 1 file using advanced uploaders in Chrome, but that may be a Chrome issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Would the public beta have to be formatted & installed with the new official release?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

OU812 wrote: »
    Would the public beta have to be formatted & installed with the new official release?
    no

• Advertisement

Just installed it. Very swish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

The big thing for me is that Airdrop will work between iOS and OSX and also the handoff feature. Hopefully can work a bit smarter by starting things on my ipad on the train and finishing things quickly at home on my mac.

I'm not normally in a hurry to update OS and I will wait to for the first round of bugs to be fixed but I'm really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

I cannot wait for this release... it promises so much... I hope it delivers...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

GM Candidate 1.0 has been released. Installing now!

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Aodhagan wrote: »
    GM Candidate 1.0 has been released. Installing now!

Installed it this morning. Very nice so far - no issues that I can see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Installed Public Beta 4 on Friday, and so far it has all worked flawlessly. A few slow downs, but that is to be expected while the OS optimises. Looks very much like iOS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Is PB4 identical to the GM in all but name?

banquo wrote: »
    Is PB4 identical to the GM in all but name?

Very similar build number in fact same number but different letter at the end from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

prob just coincidence but installed 2nite

With Mavericks my wireless network (5GhZ) was showing 120mb download

Installed Yosemite and it now only 40mb...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

prob just coincidence but installed 2nite

With Mavericks my wireless network (5GhZ) was showing 120mb download

Installed Yosemite and it now only 40mb...

Try forgetting the network and joining again. I'm having problems with Wifi, it's the main issue with Yosemite for me. Coming up to the official release and it's still there, so a little worrying.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Try forgetting the network and joining again. I'm having problems with Wifi, it's the main issue with Yosemite for me. Coming up to the official release and it's still there, so a little worrying.

There was an update tonight. Release candidate 2.0. Maybe that will help?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Aodhagan wrote: »
    There was an update tonight. Release candidate 2.0. Maybe that will help?

Yeah still the same problem. It's been there since the public beta went live, it's a 2011 MBP but hopefully it'll be fixed in the future.

Anyone else still not seeing the update in the App Store? I'm in the PB program.

I'm in the PB & got my update last night (although it's through my US account). I have noticed since installing the original PB though that booting is now very slow, I have it on a 2013 iMac with 24gb ram & also a 2014 macbook with 16gb ram (and a 2011 air with 4gb).

It's more like a PC booting now.

Still no update for me in the App Store! Not a huge issue, as PB 4 is still pretty stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Must be pretty soon. Public beta 5 was just released yesterday with GM 2.0 for developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Folks, any sense of the font size in the GM releases? I downloaded an early beta and removed it from my Macbook Pro as my eyes hurt after 2 days! Is Yosemite a Retina-friendly only OS?

jolly wrote: »
    Folks, any sense of the font size in the GM releases? I downloaded an early beta and removed it from my Macbook Pro as my eyes hurt after 2 days! Is Yosemite a Retina-friendly only OS?

I think it's improved a lot on non-retina displays. Either that or I'm after adjusting to it.

It looks pretty ok now in comparison to PB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

And I think I'm adjusting to it too, but it really would look much better on a retina display.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just got another update (5 I think) - I've noticed my Macbook rPro seems to take longer to turn on since the 4 update and it can sometimes hang when it goes to sleep for 30 seconds or so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

chrislad wrote: »
    Just got another update (5 I think) - I've noticed my Macbook rPro seems to take longer to turn on since the 4 update and it can sometimes hang when it goes to sleep for 30 seconds or so.

Wait for the official release and do a clean install.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

jolly wrote: »

Came across this:
    http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/os-x-yosemite-screenshot-example-from-apple.jpg

If you make it full screen, it will give an idea of what Yosemite will look like on your computer...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Released today

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

not on the Irish appstore yet

Advertisement