Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vu+ Solo2 OR Duo2?

• 31-08-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi.
    I'm going to buy one of these boxes shortly when I move house.
    I'm totally not up to speed when it comes to satellite tv, boxes etc so bear with me :-)
    So I'm seeing the Solo2 for sale around the €270 mark with the Duo2 around €390.
    Is the Duo2 worth the extra €120 in your opinion?
    What advantage are the extra tuners in the Duo2 for myself -> given that I just want the ability to record one programme and watch another (not overly fussed about recording 2 programs at the same time. Am I right in saying this is possible with the Duo2 but not the Solo2?).

Any other reason I should shell out for a Duo2 over a Solo2?

I read something about transcoding online somewhere. This is better on the Duo2?
    Is there any difference between transcoding on the Duo2 VS downloading the Vu+ player app and using that on the Solo2 instead?
    Or am I completely missing the point?

Apologies if any of these questions don't make sense - total newbie to this - and just want to make sure I get the right box for me.
    I don't mind paying the extra once off if it would be worth it in the long run.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

the solo2 has 2 satellite tuners,
    the duo2 has interchangeable tuners, ie 2 satellite tuners and a terestial tuner for saorview,
    although you can add a usb terestial tuner to solo2 also,
    duo2 is expensive in my opinion
    but all depends what exactly u want

ps have you looked at xtrend also

Advertisement