Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Credit card ulster bank

Options
  • 06-07-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

My card was blocked by ulster bank today as I tried to pay bus fee for kid for September. I had to travel miles to get two forms if Id go to local branch to get restriction lifted. 4 hours of my day gone.
    Outrageous carry on for no legitimate reason. Want rid. See v bad reviews of kbc card here ... Was going to get that one ... Re considering. Have no bank accounts .. All done on line free with credit union. Just want to be able to check balance on line and pay from my current account on line. (Credit union) thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Had mine blocked on Saturday as I made a large purchase on the continent.

5 minutes on the phone had it sorted. What more do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Mena wrote: »
    Had mine blocked on Saturday as I made a large purchase on the continent.

5 minutes on the phone had it sorted. What more do you need?

Did you read the post ? No 5 mins in my case half the morning gone

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

Did you adhere to the CJA (criminal justice act) requirements to avoid money laundering? It requires each bank to have verified ID and proof of address for each account holder and if you didn't produce it by a given time your accounts can be restricted

not relevant. ulster bank thought my buying a school bus ticket from bus eireann merited a card stop. joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

not relevant. ulster bank thought my buying a school bus ticket from bus eireann merited a card stop. joke

So they already had your id on file? and they wanted it again?

• Advertisement

dobsdave wrote: »
    So they already had your id on file? and they wanted it again?

Correct. I had to be brought into a room in the ulster bank only the girl in the bank who rang them at their request was allowed to ring them giving her info codes etc verifying herself she was then instructed to hand the phone to me ... They again asked me loads of questions ... Yes your right I got 10 out of 10 ... No answer when I asked why did they block card and cause me massive expense and embarrassment .... I told the girl in the bank it was a joke she agreed ... There was no issue ... They blocked it cause bus eireann must be on their watch list .... Crowd of jokers no doubt if my card was stolen they wouldn't be so quick off the mark

Advertisement