Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Mass Effect 3: The Ending(s) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anything else you felt was missing or wanted to see cleared up?

The fate of our team mates and War assets in the last battle.

That's all, the rest is just window dressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Mordins end was great. I didn't notice that it was a different voice actor but I did think that the singing in this one lacked verve compared to 2. The delivery wasn't there. Another part I loved was the Thresher Maw taking down a Reaper. I was drooling at that scene.

I went with Jack in 2 and kept that on in 3. It was good that they tied in the cast somewhat but I would have liked more. If you could have had the 1 character you had a relationship with in the previous game then join your team that would have been really cool. Not practical though probably.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I was just watching Mordin's alternate death on Youtube. The one in which you choose to sabotage the cure, shooting him in the process. Man, that's just cold! I can't believe anyone would choose that outcome over the one I got. Although it does make you appreciate Mordin's character that much more.

There was a great exchange in my playthrough in which Shepard tells him he doesn't trust the Krogan but he does trust him. And Mordin says that's why it had to be him. Then he goes.

Such a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus, so to get the smelly Salarians (no offense mordin) on board, you have to give the krogan false hope for their future AND you kill mordin? Now thats renegade!

• In my playthrough, Mordin died in ME2 so it was a random character that died delivering the cure.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, so to get the smelly Salarians (no offense mordin) on board, you have to give the krogan false hope for their future AND you kill mordin? Now thats renegade!

And if Wrex survived ME1, then he will find out what you did.

I wouldn't cross Wrex, he is my buddy anyways, I wouldn't even dream of it.

Mordin was dead from ME2, and the fella that seems to have replaced him, had the same epic death, and probably the same voice actor, just his appearance was different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wrex was excellent in all three games. Would suck to miss out on his scenes.

Ya, I really thought keeping Wrex alive would come back to bite me but actually made the whole genophage situation much easier for me to decide.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm so glad that I played through ME2 again a while ago and saved most of my team. Even Garrus died on me originally. This game just wouldn't have been the same without him and the other ME2 characters.

• I really wish the Rachni had more screentime, though the sequence with the Queen, where she's talking through multiple Krogan corpses was quite excellent.

As for what I'd love to see -

How your curing the Krogan cure has affected the world, if they do indeed start attacking again, or if Eve and Wrex have kept their promise
    Do the Rachni also stay peaceful?

• Advertisement

I'm so glad that I played through ME2 again a while ago and saved most of my team. Even Garrus died on me originally. This game just wouldn't have been the same without him and the other ME2 characters.

With no Garrus, I wouldn't even play ME3....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,407 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I miss Mordin....in my renegade replay the krogan can go fúck themselves....same for the quarians...
    Definitely my favorite character along with Joker in ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Blazer wrote: »
    Definitely my favorite character along with Joker in ME.

UUggh i used like seth green, jokers turned me against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah, that Joker, WHAT A TOOL HE WAS!

Zillah wrote: »
    Yeah, that Joker, WHAT A TOOL HE WAS!

HAHAHA Brilliant :pac:

I was a big fan of Seth Green before ME and even bigger fan now.

For the record I love Joker and it has only further endeared me towards Seth Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Herrick wrote: »
    You know, I was thinking of a couple of other things that don't make sense at the end.

It's already been asked why was the Normandy in FTL flying away from Earth in the first place, among a few other things.

In my ending, I chose to destroy the Reapers and my Shep lived. But why did the shockwave that destroyed the Reapers and Mass Relays not harm the allied fleet around Earth, but somehow managed to seriously damage the Normandy?

I've decided that in the "red" ending the shockwave was designed to destroy reaper code too, which EDI was mega enhanced with. It also explains why the starchild said the "red" option will also kill all Geth-- In my universe Legion enhanced every single Geth with reaper code to allow them all to be truly alive. So the shockwave would have detected the improvements and kaboomed the geth.

So EDI, who was heavily managing all of the normandy's systems due to the intense firefight above earth, was identified as a reaper by the shockwave. EDI goes "Goodbye Jeff, the shockwave emanating from the crucible will destroy not only the Reapers, but myself as well". Jeff goes "Noooooo my robotic love!" and tries to outrun the wave by doing an FTL jump away. However, the wave used the Mass Relay to accelerate faster than the normandy's FTL drive, overtaking them. The Normandy has its brain lobotomised, and the Eezo FTL core ragequits, resulting in the damaged ship having to crashland.

And Joker quickly overcomes the loss of his love and strolls out onto the jungle planet.

The End.

:mad:

Kiith wrote: »
    And Joker quickly overcomes the loss of his love and strolls out onto the jungle planet.

The End.

:mad:

Nah, Edi looked perfectly fine when she walked off the normandy with Joker. Things just got awkward when joker thought they could populate their new home :o

Mossay wrote: »
    I've decided that in the "red" ending the shockwave was designed to destroy reaper code too, which EDI was mega enhanced with. It also explains why the starchild said the "red" option will also kill all Geth-- In my universe Legion enhanced every single Geth with reaper code to allow them all to be truly alive. So the shockwave would have detected the improvements and kaboomed the geth.

So EDI, who was heavily managing all of the normandy's systems due to the intense firefight above earth, was identified as a reaper by the shockwave. EDI goes "Goodbye Jeff, the shockwave emanating from the crucible will destroy not only the Reapers, but myself as well". Jeff goes "Noooooo my robotic love!" and tries to outrun the wave by doing an FTL jump away. However, the wave used the Mass Relay to accelerate faster than the normandy's FTL drive, overtaking them. The Normandy has its brain lobotomised, and the Eezo FTL core ragequits, resulting in the damaged ship having to crashland.

Splendid, no problems there. Except in Control or Synthesis of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Shryke wrote: »
    I went with Jack in 2 and kept that on in 3. It was good that they tied in the cast somewhat but I would have liked more. If you could have had the 1 character you had a relationship with in the previous game then join your team that would have been really cool. Not practical though probably.

I know, I romanced Miranda in 2 and stayed with her in 3. Missed not having her on the Normandy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,407 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Seth Green? I hate that príck..:mad: never realized he voiced joker

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Zillah wrote: »
    Splendid, no problems there. Except in Control or Synthesis of course.

You could stretch it a bit more for control and synthesis. In both those scenarios EDI still detects that the shockwave is gonna either target her mind, or reconfigure all matter that it envelops-- both options seemingly incredibly dangerous for her and the crew. She informs joker, he fires up the FTL drive to try and escape, and once the wave hits EDI the FTL core stalls and they crash land.

In all three scenarios the normandy is the only alliance vessel going to experience systems failure because its the only one being regulated by a reaper-enhanced AI.

I know I'm just making excuses for a crappy script, but it makes the ending much more bearable.

I know, I romanced Miranda in 2 and stayed with her in 3. Missed not having her on the Normandy :(

So no bed time frolics for your Shepard then???

Or it would be kinda of awkward with a hologram or something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    So no bed time frolics for your Shepard then???

Or it would be kinda of awkward with a hologram or something....

Oh they had their fun :p You meet her in person a good few times, one of them is in an apartment on the Citadel and well, they do more than talk :p

Oh they had their fun :p You meet her in person a good few times, one of them is in an apartment on the Citadel and well, they do more than talk :p

Crap I missed that, cause on my playthrough, I told Liara, Ashley and Miranda that it was still on, and only got Liara in the end, I wanted all three dammit.

Liara was the best character anyway, so it's all good.

Kiith wrote: »
    Liara was the best character anyway, so it's all good.

Am I the only one who didn't like Liara? She was very annoying to speak to and only brought her on missions where Asari were involved.

When 'choosing' my ending, I was trying to pick the option that meant Shep and Tali could settle down together and Garrus would be our whacky neighbour. That didn't really work out tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Am I the only one who didn't like Liara? She was very annoying to speak to and only brought her on missions where Asari were involved.

Yeah really gets on my nerves too. There's something about her voice that bugs the hell out of me. Nice ass though.

• Advertisement

Nice ass though.

You. You are you why I am sometimes ashamed of computer games.

Advertisement