Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

tk123 wrote: »
    Stinky rubbish /fox poo :p

If we're going that road then it's dead fish on the beach for mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    If we're going that road then it's dead fish on the beach for mine!

lol same here for the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My fella loves clean fresh sheets on my bed, he goes and rolls around, wagging his tail and wow wowing, until he's got every inch.
    He also likes stink!
    Little bitch loves stink!

Just pulled this out of Bailey's paw :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ouch, poor bailey, hope he's ok.
    We had a grass seed pop out of Tiffi's paw few weeks back, left a big hole and got infected, took ages to heal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fish guts and rotting seaweed are a particular favourite of the JRT. Take your eye off her for a second and bam stinky dog with a smirk on her face trotting home quite delighted with herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Layinghen wrote: »
    Fish guts and rotting seaweed are a particular favourite of the JRT. Take your eye off her for a second and bam stinky dog with a smirk on her face trotting home quite delighted with herself.

Yeah that sounds quite like my two :P

Or the best is when Jake farts he always decides to then try and roll around in the smell of it!

mymo wrote: »
    Ouch, poor bailey, hope he's ok.
    We had a grass seed pop out of Tiffi's paw few weeks back, left a big hole and got infected, took ages to heal.

Oh god that's terrible - poor Tiffi! He was fine thank god - I think it was just stuck in his fur. I had a grass seed shell/husk thing come out of his eye one time and maybe 30 mins later the actual seed. The thought of what could have happened! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

The Lola dobie is giving me major heartache these days. She had a slipped disc in her back last year, and it has since transpired that it was caused by an incipient tail-bone infection, from her docking as a pup. Goes without saying I'm furious about the late docking addition to the bill, letters sent and all that.

Anyway, the darned infection keeps breaking out repeatedly, with resultant fibrosis and all that, and is being treated by antibiotics each time. I saw on a documentary how a study treated a lot of persistent lower back pain with a long course of well-targeted antibiotics, and suggested to my vet, could that be a possibility for Lola? He says he's reluctant to try it, as the suggested course (100 days) is so long, and if it turned out she couldn't take the whole course, we'd have burned our bridges anti-biotic-wise.

However, Lola is losing a lot of strength with each repeated episode, so much so that her hind-end has collapsed on her a couple times in the last few days. Not sure if she is brewing another infection break-out; will bring her to the vet Monday morning to be sure, but I do know it's only been a couple months since the last, so things do seem to be worsening faster now, and not sure if maybe we should try the make-or-break long antibiotic course.

This wee dobie is such a sweetheart, everyone we know is happy to have us bring her if we come to stay. She's breaking my heart right now, as I know we can't have her terribly much longer, because this is clearly getting worse. Just wondering, would others push to try and evict the bone infection, or can anyone think of a reason not to, right now?

Poor Lola and you - it's terrible thinking you might have to step in and make a difficult decision. If it was me I'd be heading to Shane Guerin in Gilabbey Vets in Cork for his opinion. He's the one who fixed Bailey's legs and I know people who had dogs with serious spinal issues that he fixed too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Tomorrow when it's really quiet in the house I'm going to have a mini photoshoot with my chinchilla Gonzo. Any sallvagable pictures will be posted in the picture thread :D hopefully he doesn't destroy the back drop !

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Was at a screening of some short documentaries today, one of them was on a local dog rescue. It was really good but actually made me cry. Everyone should be made watch it before they get a dog! It's amazing how many people don't know about how pounds work and that if they put there dogs in the pound there is a good chance they won't get out alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

This is the first time that the cats haven't been put out with us after a show, normally we are ignored for a day or 2 but they are very happy this time :)

This made my morning, thought it might chase off the monday blues for some of ye :D

http://distractify.com/people/personal/agonizing-struggles-that-prove-cat-owners-are-the-best-people-ever/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

This made my morning, thought it might chase off the monday blues for some of ye :D

http://distractify.com/people/personal/agonizing-struggles-that-prove-cat-owners-are-the-best-people-ever/

Just shared it on Facebook. I LOL'd a lot :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

anniehoo wrote: »
    Just shared it on Facebook. I LOL'd a lot :D:D:D

That's really funny!! I always check if I've put cat pics on Facebook in the last few days. I'm like I haven't put one up in 2 days so it's acceptable!

And every so often someone posts that Simpsons crazy cat lady video... And I'm like no that's not me is never throw cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Didn't get around to photographing Gonzo after, maybe tomorrow. Moone is curled up on her bean bag with all her toys. Out of all the toys I bought for her at the pet expo the only one she's playing with is the free frisbee from aliance! Typical ! She's asleep with it in her paws haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Just seen one of the best ads yet for xbreed pups, there a cross between a terrier and a begin-free :D Took me a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Max seems to have separation anxiety which makes me wonder if maybe he was dumped/abandoned before he arrived on our doorstep.
    He absolutely hates being alone, at night time Poppy has her crate in our room, which is upstairs, and Cinnamon usually sleeps upstairs too, which leaves Max downstairs.. he's not too confident being upstairs often and he howls the house down once we're all gone.
    We also were away for a night (afternoon till early the next morning) and we came home to find he had wee'd on our bed (all over my side).
    Going to invest in some feliway next payday but I'm not really too sure for what to do other than that :/

Max seems to have separation anxiety which makes me wonder if maybe he was dumped/abandoned before he arrived on our doorstep.
    He absolutely hates being alone, at night time Poppy has her crate in our room, which is upstairs, and Cinnamon usually sleeps upstairs too, which leaves Max downstairs.. he's not too confident being upstairs often and he howls the house down once we're all gone.
    We also were away for a night (afternoon till early the next morning) and we came home to find he had wee'd on our bed (all over my side).
    Going to invest in some feliway next payday but I'm not really too sure for what to do other than that :/

I know the feeling, have my own finicky cat here that has her fair share of behavioural issues, she's been good though in the last year :)

Always keep in mind peeing in odd places can be a sign of a UTI though. Have a look through some of my old threads, loads of posters gave me good advice when I was having stress related problems with my cat which included peeing on my bed nearly constantly.

Seen a pic of Max on the picture thread, he's very like my pair, love the black and whites :D

• Advertisement

Strange request but would anyone know what I could do with a few years of issues of animal related magazines? :confused: It's a shame to just throw them in the bin or burn them after spending so much on them and keeping them all but there taking up room and they have to go. Don't want anything for them obviously but has anyone any suggestions as to where I could bring them or anyone who might possibly want them? They're mostly Dog's Today, Your Dog and Your Cat, must be a stack about 2ft high :eek:

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Strange request but would anyone know what I could do with a few years of issues of animal related magazines? :confused: It's a shame to just throw them in the bin or burn them after spending so much on them and keeping them all but there taking up room and they have to go. Don't want anything for them obviously but has anyone any suggestions as to where I could bring them or anyone who might possibly want them? They're mostly Dog's Today, Your Dog and Your Cat, must be a stack about 2ft high :eek:

Maybe if there is a local charity shop that raises money for animals they might like to sell them on? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Zapperzy wrote: »

Maybe contact a few of the local rescues and see would they have any use for them? Sometimes the smaller rescues do jumble sales/car boot sales (although more so during the summer) they might be able to make a bit of money out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Made me laugh more than a few times :D I relate to far too many of them!

There was a flashmob in work lol! :D

I am getting extremely broody for a new kitten, I was offered a pedigree bengal at the weekend by one of my Mam's friends but she said no :( So I've sent around a load of messages to different charities on facebook to let them know if they ever need help bottle feeding kittens to let me know.. that might get me over my broodiness!!

I am getting extremely broody for a new kitten, I was offered a pedigree bengal at the weekend by one of my Mam's friends but she said no :( So I've sent around a load of messages to different charities on facebook to let them know if they ever need help bottle feeding kittens to let me know.. that might get me over my broodiness!!

I'm the same! Thinking of fostering some kittys before it gets too much and I adopt another :D the only thing that's stopping me is that the lease on our place is up in April. And it was hard enough trying to find a rented place with two cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I don't think I would be able to foster kitty's I'd just want to keep them all! The humane society over here are always looking for volunteers.. Namely "cat cuddlers"! :) sounds fun!

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    I don't think I would be able to foster kitty's I'd just want to keep them all! The humane society over here are always looking for volunteers.. Namely "cat cuddlers"! :) sounds fun!

That sounds like my ideal job :D

• Advertisement

I ordered that much food off zooplus it's coming in 3 boxes lol! :p Wanted to get enough to last until the new year in case there's bad weather from Germany -> here that would cause delays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement