Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roy Keane Documentary on TV3

• 25-03-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Did anyone see the add for the Roy Keane Documentary on next monday on TV3? Looks pretty good!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have you been out of the country for the last seven years. I think this has been talked to death already. Man, fekn cork people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

whats it about

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have you been out of the country for the last seven years. I think this has been talked to death already. Man, fekn cork people. :(

People have been talking about the documentary thats going to be on tv3 on monday for 7 years? With that sort of build up it better be good.

redarmy wrote: »
    whats it about

Steven Gerrard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Will he walk out just before the documentary starts.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

redarmy wrote: »
    whats it about

Roy Keane's opposition to the axing of Sports Tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Highsider wrote: »

If its being runs by wankbags he just might, and with good reason.

Highsider wrote: »

This is a documentary about not a interview with. I.E. Trevor Welch narrates 10 years of TV3's back catelogue of tv3 news reports on Roy Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Elmo wrote: »
    This is a documentary about not a interview with. I.E. Trevor Welch narrates 10 years of TV3's back catelogue of tv3 news reports on Roy Keane.

Don't forget newspaper clips too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Why did you read through the thead so? fekn cork people, fekn cork people. Irwin and Keane with all their Man Utd medals, them two are a disgrace. Cork with its 36 all-ireland titles, a disgrace to this country. fekn cork people, fekn cork people. Yawn, yawn, yawn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

i'm looking forward to this no matter what people say about Keane he was a one hell of a footballer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Curious timing for it as far as TV3 are concerned.

If its typical cobbled-together schlocky, sloppy rubbish filled with lazy journalism, regurgitated archive footage and photos of newspaper headlines, people will bang on about how crap TV3 are, and that it's an Irish-produced sop to stop them being considered as simply "GranadaEire".

If it proves to be any good, it will raise questions as to how TV3 can justify brutally culling their flagship sports show when there is clearly an audience for Irish sport programming on their station. An audience that they are willing to abandon so they can serve the audience that want to see repeats of 2 year old reality shows.

We'll see how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

TV3, the poor relation of Irish broadcasting. Roy Keane, a has been.. Now there's a mix. A complete waste of one's viewing time.

2fivers wrote: »
    If its typical cobbled-together schlocky, sloppy rubbish filled with lazy journalism, regurgitated archive footage and photos of newspaper headlines, people will bang on about how crap TV3 are, and that it's an Irish-produced sop to stop them being considered as simply "GranadaEire".

Just to point out (again) TV3 are no longer owned by Granada which is now ITV plc after in merged with Carlton.

But you are right it will be cobbled-together, I wonder if they will have the RTÉ Interview with Roy after he walk out of the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

zudo wrote: »
    Why did you read through the thead so? fekn cork people, fekn cork people. Irwin and Keane with all their Man Utd medals, them two are a disgrace. Cork with its 36 all-ireland titles, a disgrace to this country. fekn cork people, fekn cork people...

yer dead right!

Cork is a sh***house!!!

elshambo wrote: »
    yer dead right!

Cork is a sh***house!!!

Envy is thin because it bites but never eats.;)

Envy is thin because it bites but never eats.;)

Cork is a sh***house
    the welcome is inverted
    as soon as you question anything
    "CORK IS GREAT"
    is blurted
    Cork is a sh***house
    though Cork people claim it is a treat
    they show you a bare table
    And claim it to be a feast:eek:;)

when is it on?
    its a bit early for history pieces as he is still fresh in the memory
    its a bit late for player pieces as he is no longer playing

Cork is a sh***house
    the welcome is inverted
    as soon as you question anything
    "CORK IS GREAT"
    is blurted
    Cork is a sh***house
    though Cork people claim it is a treat
    they show you a bare table
    And claim it to be a feast:eek:;)

when is it on?
    its a bit early for history pieces as he is still fresh in the memory
    its a bit late for player pieces as he is no longer playing

Ah grow up will ya.. twas only a joke. "Cork is a sh**house" is very juvenile though. The documentry is about the Sunderland story so its not as you claim
    "a bit early for history pieces as he is still fresh in the memory
    its a bit late for player pieces as he is no longer playing"

Ah grow up will ya.. twas only a joke. "Cork is a sh**house" is very juvenile though. The documentry is about the Sunderland story so its not as you claim
    "a bit early for history pieces as he is still fresh in the memory
    its a bit late for player pieces as he is no longer playing"

The reply was a joke!!!:eek:

Why is it ok for Cork people to make cheap jokes

but if someone makes a cheap joke at corks expense, ye give it the
    "Ah grow up will ya"?

might explain why some people dont like ye?:eek:

I lived in cork for a while, i liked the PLACE

*ps the sh*t poem is a direct reply to the line about envy,

envy cant eat at a bare table!?
    quite clever for a 30 second response i thought :eek: :)

The reply was a joke!!!:eek:

Why is it ok for Cork people to make cheap jokes

but if someone makes a cheap joke at corks expense, ye give it the
    "Ah grow up will ya"?

might explain why some people dont like ye?:eek:

I lived in cork for a while, i liked the PLACE

I thought you said Cork was a s***house? Me confused:confused:

I thought you said Cork was a s***house? Me confused:confused:

must be the famous cork sense of humour!

• Advertisement

must be the famous cork sense of humour!

That's hilarious.. believe me the Cork sense of humour is much greater than this. So you like the PLACE, great. I don't go posting on threads calling other Counties s***houses. Whats all this you say "Cork people claim it is a treat, they show you a bare table, And claim it to be a feast"? Very poetic. Try to make some sort of valid point, please.This jumping on the bandwagon thing is getting seriously boring.

I'd be surprised if any persons from other counties who lived in Cork for any amount of time found Cork people to be arrogant, hostile, or self-centered. I know a great amount of them living here and they would just laugh at you, jumping on media bandwagoning circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ivan Johnson

the advert looks good but il reserve judgement till i see it. bertie gives his 2 cent on Roy on the programme i read today. good ol bertie, the man of the people, loves talkin about sport these days. deflects attention from monetary matters i reckon!

the advert looks good but il reserve judgement till i see it. bertie gives his 2 cent on Roy on the programme i read today. good ol bertie, the man of the people, loves talkin about sport these days. deflects attention from monetary matters i reckon!

Pres. Bertie :D Polls are looking good for him :eek:

Also again with the first post talking about this programme. This is the first time I have noticed this on boards, I usually don't pass any remark but I have read in other threads that TV3 are trying build up some kind of presence on boards.

Do they know that they can buy a YouTube, Bebo, Facebook etc commerical site?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trevo

tv 3 are so bad and every thing on this program tonite will be rubbish that every body no's already!!!! why bring this up 7 yrs later...who thought this was a good idea i really would like to meet this person!!

take expose for example on tv 3 its a copy from E news on ch 151 its a total joke....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Its unfair to pre-judge this documentary by reducing it only to a narrated walk-through of old TV3 coverage and newspapers. Surely Tv3 will also have voxpop type recollections of the mans career from its panel of talking heads (Fiona Looney will surely feature).

Good or bad, at least they will be able to notch it down as an Irish produced show, and hey, if they can claim some of the licence money pot while they're at it, its a real win-win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Who cares about Roy keane anyway?
    Footballers are a load of braindead,mumbling halfwits.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

When is it on?

Genghis wrote: »
    Its unfair to pre-judge this documentary by reducing it only to a narrated walk-through of old TV3 coverage and newspapers. Surely Tv3 will also have voxpop type recollections of the mans career from its panel of talking heads (Fiona Looney will surely feature).

Good or bad, at least they will be able to notch it down as an Irish produced show, and hey, if they can claim some of the licence money pot while they're at it, its a real win-win.

Then you make a judgement Fiona Looney might not be part of it, there is a good chance she will be but you don't have to be so ****ing critical :) .

This is an in-house TV3 production, it doesn't get any funding from the Licence Fee hence it will be part of their Irish Quota. TV3 have plenty of money earning on average 50,000,000 euro each year for the last 10. This year will be difficult I know.

It is on tonight at 8:30? or 9 not sure.

cant watch anymore of it

cheap, poorly paced, pronounce EVERY syllable, talking head rubbish

SHAME!!!

• Advertisement

I didn't think it was too bad but (Of course their is a but :rolleyes: ) it really wasn't an "investigation", why did the have Bertie? oh and does Mark Cagney have to narrate everything TV3 produce?

Advertisement