Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster light blue jersey

• 22-05-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Whats the story with getting a replica light blue Heineken Cup Leinster jersey? I love the colour of it but I can't see it for sale on the Leinster website

Does anyone know why? Anyone know where I can get my hands on it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

It's not on the Leinster site alright, but you can get it at http://shop.canterbury.com/product/canterbury-leinster-heineken%283rd%29-pro-hersey/46870/ .

As it's not on the site I wonder if they might replace it next year as they're due to have a new sponsor. Elverys normally have it but don't have it on their website right now either. Leinster need to run down old stock I guess, but it's pretty poor to not have products available when people are most interested in them. Same happened in 2009.

It would be a shame if they changed it next year as they've only had it for one season, but they changed their away jersey this year after only one season so it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

why did Leinster wear this light blue jersey in the European games?
    why didnt they wear their home navy jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Leroy Lita wrote: »

Its their Heineken cup jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

It's a much nicer jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Damn my medium build. There's only small or XL left. It's a great jersey. Would love to get my hands on one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Any idea who the new sponsor is to be?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Any idea who the new sponsor is to be?

They're changing sponsor? News to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sort of off topic, but I was in Elverys in Dundrum last week, and they have some great deals on Leinster jerseys and polos etc. Didn't see any of the light blue ones though I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They're changing sponsor? News to me.
    They just finished the last year of their deal with BOI so they are likely to change sponsor since I doubt BOI will renew with the current climate
    Leroy Lita wrote: »
    It wasn't supposed to be originally but they had to wear it (their third jersey) for one game and there was massive demand in the shops and someone in the head office decided lets boost sales further by deciding that this is our HEC jersey

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

They just finished the last year of their deal with BOI so they are likely to change sponsor since I doubt BOI will renew with the current climate

It wasn't supposed to be originally but they had to wear it (their third jersey) for one game and there was massive demand in the shops and someone in the head office decided lets boost sales further by deciding that this is our HEC jersey

Heard strong rumours of Volkswagen for new sponsors myself.

• Advertisement

wixfjord wrote: »
    Heard strong rumours of Volkswagen for new sponsors myself.
    Heard that too, they are already major sponsors of Leinster but will they want the shirt sponsorship in addition to the other sponsorship is a big question

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ah, I didn't know that. Well, BOI certainly got their money's worth out of it but I agree, I doubt they'll be renewing their deal.

Curious to see who it is now. Should get a decent bit extra I would think with Leinster's greater exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

has anyone seen that white maserati driving round with leinster heineken cup champions written across the side. whats the deal with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Was Jamie Heaslip driving it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Limo

BOI have renewed for another 4 years according to Michael Dawson:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/21/sports/rugby/21iht-RUGBY21.html

Saw that over on Leinster Fans...

Also, the white Maseratti was on our ferry coming back from Cardiff. Young enough guy driving it too...

Limo wrote: »
    BOI have renewed for another 4 years according to Michael Dawson:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/21/sports/rugby/21iht-RUGBY21.html
    Thanks I missed that

Advertisement