Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Michael Buble July 15th,16,18,19th & 20th 2013 O2 Arena Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Also read on it that Buble's wife is heavily pregnant at 8 months and that she could go into labour any day (so she must be gone past the 8 months mark) and if it happens soon, like this week, he won't be able to continue with the remaining shows because he'll have to jet off. :( I hope that doesn't happen.

not a chance he'll jet off, he's contractually bound to do the shows, otherwise he will lose a bucket load of money (and not to mention all the cash from the over-priced (probably made in China) merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm going to take a guess:
    Everything
    Home
    I Haven't Met You Yet

a safe bet I'd say...he hardly has a vast back catalog, especially when it comes to original material. The missus was like a teenage kid on the phone to me after the gig, she loved it...I was glad I was 150 miles away minding the children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

a safe bet I'd say...he hardly has a vast back catalog, especially when it comes to original material. The missus was like a teenage kid on the phone to me after the gig, she loved it...I was glad I was 150 miles away minding the children.

That is so funny.

not a chance he'll jet off, he's contractually bound to do the shows, otherwise he will lose a bucket load of money (and not to mention all the cash from the over-priced (probably made in China) merchandise.

I hope you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

There'll be contingencies written into any contract for this sort of stuff, have no doubt about that. If he has to go for this reason then he'll go. Think he'll care about missing out on some merch money over missing the birth of his baby? Sure it'll all be sold at other shows down the line, on his website etc.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    There'll be contingencies written into any contract for this sort of stuff, have no doubt about that. If he has to go for this reason then he'll go. Think he'll care about missing out on some merch money over missing the birth of his baby? Sure it'll all be sold at other shows down the line, on his website etc.

Here's hoping she doesn't go into labour any time soon.

If the wife does go into labour and needs to cancel concerts, whats going to happen?

Would we get our money back from tickets or would they resecedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

If the wife does go into labour and needs to cancel concerts, whats going to happen?

Would we get our money back from tickets or would they resecedule?

I'd say you would probably have both options. I think he probably would reschedule whatever shows he would miss. He's doing more concerts in America later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

What fine is he on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

Time I mean

• Advertisement

Last night it was around 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Was at the concert last night, really brilliant, and he's as charming as ever!(maybe even more!) ( I preferred the aviva tho) -word of warning though- it's roasting in the O2 so dress light!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Not really in terms of venue capacity. 5 nights in the Aviva or Croke Park might be excessive, but the o2 only holds 15k.

He mentioned on Ray Darcy's show this morning that he's playing to 10k each night.

I'd say if his wife goes into labour he'll have to go immediately- presume he has a private plane on standby? The shows would be rescheduled or you could get your money back if it doesn't suit.

Was at the concert last night, really brilliant, and he's as charming as ever!(maybe even more!) ( I preferred the aviva tho) -word of warning though- it's roasting in the O2 so dress light!

I noticed that too, the heat in the O2 was unreal. Could have done with the air con! Ha ha.

Well I did something kind of crazy...I bought a ticket for Saturday night! I just enjoyed it so much and who knows when he'll be back here. Going alone though :( but I don't mind really, been to concerts alone before.

I never thought I would see him twice in one week!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Anyone else notice the Union Jack inclusion in the set for Natural 7?

Put me right off for the rest of their set.

Not Michael Bublé though.

Amazing!

NOM, Nom, Nom.

Anyone else notice the Union Jack inclusion in the set for Natural 7?

No, I didn't notice! Where was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

No, I didn't notice! Where was it?

On the back screen during one of their songs. Scrolled up after some of the other photos in the screen montage. Came up a second time during the song as well.

Just thought it was bad form on the production team not copping it by the second night in IRELAND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My first time seeing Buble live, have never been a huge fan of his or anything but I have to say I was particularly impressed, the production, the little touches of showmanship here and there, the audience interaction etc The sort of surprise bit mid way through the show and his performing in general. Brilliant night (Tuesday) Well worth the price of admission and would go to see him again

Only gripes would be the pandering (wearing green coat and all that) and the feckin heat in the o2!!

:)

Was watching a load of youtube videos of this weeks dublin concerts again and I'm very much looking forward to Saturday night. I just love Buble and his music so very much.

I noticed that too, the heat in the O2 was unreal. Could have done with the air con! Ha ha.

Well I did something kind of crazy...I bought a ticket for Saturday night! I just enjoyed it so much and who knows when he'll be back here. Going alone though :( but I don't mind really, been to concerts alone before.

I never thought I would see him twice in one week!

Lucky you.

• Advertisement

Was anyone at last nights concert? How did it go? Hope it went well.
    Hope tonights concert is going well too.

I have a question. Do staff at the o2 check handbags? Not that I plan on bringing in anything dodgy or a load of beer. I've a large handbag with everything but the kitchen sink in it. I do hope on clearing a bit out tonight.

I've never been to the o2. Is it easy to find your way about? I read in another thread here of different entrances to the o2. What entrance would I go to for the floor seating?

Has anyone encountered idicoy or carelessness at the concert?

Last time he played I had the misfortune of having someone stand on her seat all throughout the concert, right in front of me. I tapped her on her back and asked her to come down as did others but she never did and in time during the night, she ignored anyone tapping her. Any photo or video I took, there was her head in it. It's not like we were at the back either, we were right up there at the front, she in the third row, me in the fourth. Think I'm going to bring a packet of glowsticks with me tomorrow just on the off chance such crap happens again. I'll be flinging them.

I have a question. Do staff at the o2 check handbags? Not that I plan on bringing in anything dodgy or a load of beer. I've a large handbag with everything but the kitchen sink in it. I do hope on clearing a bit out tonight.

I've never been to the o2. Is it easy to find your way about? I read in another thread here of different entrances to the o2. What entrance would I go to for the floor seating?

Yes they check. When I was there on Monday night, everyone was queuing up for the gates opening at 6:30. Shortly before they were due to open, the staff at the gates shouted for men to stand to one side and women on the other. The men were being patted down and the women had their bags searched. I had an enormous bag with me, and the girl thoroughly looked through it and even opened up my camera bag to look at my camera.

It's very easy to find our way around the O2. On your ticket it will tell you what entrance, but for floor seating it is entrance one. When you are in the O2, there are different doors for the different sections, and for the floor section it is the last door.

Has anyone encountered idicoy or carelessness at the concert?

On Monday night a girl ran right up the aisle to the front of the stage, despite numerous security people trying to get her back. She was holding a bottle of beer out in front of Michael. Michael kind of made a joke about it and said no thank you, I don't drink during shows but after I will probably get ****faced! I could hear the girl shouting if he would have a beer with her after the show. It was kind of funny but I would never ever do that.

Also I noticed a lot of people to-ing and fro-ing to the bar and toilet during the concert. It was most irritating. A man sitting beside me kept getting up and when he got back to his seat he knocked over my entire bottle of water. The floor and my bag ended up soaked. Wouldn't have happened if he just sat still! It's really not that hard!

Thank you for your replies Ziegfeldgirl.

Got my bag sorted and cleaned. I'll probably get on grand around the o2.
    I can't understand for the life of me how some people can go and get smashed at concerts especially at big concerts. It's not like a big music act comes around very often and people have many other weekends to get madly drunk. That chap was probably dragged to the concert by a wife or someone and couldn't stick it out long. God knows.

Anyways I'm wrecked. I need to go and find my camera now before hitting the bed. Really am wrecked.

Maybe I'll see you there, Riveroflove!!

I have to collect my ticket from the box office, does anyone know what time it opens/closes at?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

the box office opens at 6.30

argentum wrote: »
    the box office opens at 6.30

Thanks!

I was waiting for this day for months and it's finally here and the last week was the longest. Was also waiting since the last time he played.

I'm on my way to Dublin and I'm very excited now.

I love Michael Buble. Love him. Love him. Love him.

• Advertisement

Maybe I'll see you there, Riveroflove!!

I have to collect my ticket from the box office, does anyone know what time it opens/closes at?

Maybe.

I'm heading on my own too but not nervous and looking forward to it very much.

Advertisement