Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audi Dealer Discount?

• 29-02-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Planning to buy a new a6 Avant in the next few weeks, Its Coming in at 53500 Sline Extra's Etc, its a Straight Cash sale and i'm wondering what kinda discount I should be expecting(my first time buying new car) I was looking into buying a A4 before it was coming in at 48k and they were giving 1600k discount, they said that Audi have brought down there prices to reflect the current climate so not as much room for reduction...

Advice.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Shop around several dealers for the best discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I assume i can Ring around i don't actually have to go into the dealers as there is only 2 in Cork and i'd have to travel to Dublin and the likes....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Some will be reluctant to talk money over the phone, but if you give them to understand that you're serious then you should get a price.

Excellent, Thanks for the Reply...

Anan1 wrote: »
    Some will be reluctant to talk money over the phone, but if you give them to understand that you're serious then you should get a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

I assume i can Ring around i don't actually have to go into the dealers as there is only 2 in Cork and i'd have to travel to Dublin and the likes....

If I was spending that type of money, I'd fill my motor up and go on a road trip to a good few dealers regardless of their geographical location around the country.

In fairness, the money you could save yourself fair outweighs the hassle of a day trip to Dublin return. You could save €000's if you do the leg work unless you have the money to burn?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

53k is a lot of brass for a A4 imo. Would you consider going to to the UK and buying a year old car for less money. Personally I would save 20k and buy a Superb Elegance Combi with all the toys..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Also, you need to play one dealer off against the other. If you have the gift of the gab, it will work in your favour.

Just remember, it's a buyers Market out there and in a recession not many people have €50k + to be shelling out on a motor. The dealers should be on their knees ready and waiting to blow you for that type of custom.

Hold out for the best deal for you. Also, wait till the last week of the month........ The dealers have targets and will be more prone to bend over backwards to accommodate you on a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

-Corkie- wrote: »
    53k is a lot of brass for a A4 imo. Would you consider going to to the UK and buying a year old car for less money. Personally I would save 20k and buy a Superb Elegance Combi with all the toys..:)

OP is looking for an A6.

OP, did you see the recent thread (on phone, so a pita to link) about the pedals being in an awkward position (for them, at least), as a result of RHD conversion? Make sure you have a nice long test drive when you're dropping that kind of wonga.

Edit: never mind, I went looking for the thread and saw your post on it :)

Thanks For all the replies,Also With regards ordering at the end of the month..I would have the gift of the gab when it comes to something i know about hence why i'm trying to get to know the dealings..Something thats annoying me is in Uk the a6 comes with Sat Nav as standard yet its almost 3k extra over here.Don't have that much money to burn..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

NOT EVERYONE WANTS A F*CKING SKODA

simpsons-maggie-makes-three-4.jpg

• Advertisement

Nothing against Skoda's My Father has a New Superb find it a great car, MySelf and my Fiance are just looking at buying a good size family car/Safe etc for the longtime investment......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Nothing against Skoda's My Father has a New Superb find it a great car, MySelf and my Fiance are just looking at buying a good size family car/Safe etc for the longtime investment......

Last time I toured the Audi dealers I was quoted identical prices by six dealers, a wholesome illegal practise.

Best of luck with the car but an investment it most certainly is not.

w.r.t. the Skoda, you could get a new Golf AND the Superb Combi for the price of the A6.

Sorry I wasnt reading the thread correctly.:). They are a beautiful looking car especially with the Xenons. Have you priced one in the UK???

• Site Banned Posts: 76 ✭✭RXMPS

Two of those A6's as company cars where I work, stunning looking machines inside and out.

You have to go with the 3.0TDI V6.

It's pointless otherwise, might as well get an A4.

Sorry I wasnt reading the thread correctly.:). They are a beautiful looking car especially with the Xenons. Have you priced one in the UK???

That's true.

With the new VRT law it could work alot cheaper and you could get the 3.0TDI:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Fair play for having the confidence to spend €50,000+ on a new Audi.

As an investment though it'll be spectacularly awful.

Are you registered for vat dan??

No I'm not registered for Vat, And the Use of Investment is a wrong word.And Why so with the 3.0tdi? the 2.0 has a 177bhp engine...

also Reason i'm going with the A6 over A4 is the A4 143bhp was costing about 47k incl audi discount the a6 is costing 51500k incl audi discount for 4500k seems to be well worth the money over the a4? No?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

A6 is definitely better value, you will struggle for any kind of decent discount though since its a brand new model. Dealers make about 8%, they can afford to give you the 4 or 5 quite easily but probably don't have to to shift their allocation at the moment.

• Advertisement

also Reason i'm going with the A6 over A4 is the A4 143bhp was costing about 47k incl audi discount the a6 is costing 51500k incl audi discount for 4500k seems to be well worth the money over the a4? No?

The 3.0 has the quattro which is probably out of budget for you. I had a quick look and a year old Quattro SE spec is about 34k pounds. I think you are right to get the A6.

No I'm not registered for Vat, And the Use of Investment is a wrong word.And Why so with the 3.0tdi? the 2.0 has a 177bhp engine...

Nothing wrong with 2.0tdi, but the 3.0tdi just gives off a nicer vibe/feel.

It's effortless power, refined, muscular.

Completely off topic but does anyone recommend any Audi Extra which they can't live without which is worth getting, My Partner has Insisted on getting the Walnut Wood(900) and adding lighting package(300euro). Anything worth considering? #personal choice i know

RXMPS wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with 2.0tdi, but the 3.0tdi just gives off a nicer vibe/feel.

It's effortless power, refined, muscular.

If i has my way id be getting a s6 :S

Completely off topic but does anyone recommend any Audi Extra which they can't live without which is worth getting, My Partner has Insisted on getting the Walnut Wood(900) and adding lighting package(300euro). Anything worth considering? #personal choice i know

Xenons??

Xenons??

Incl in S-line already

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

For what it's worth (which is probably very liitle) I got a new VW earlier and in any of the garages i asked what discount was going i was told and amount that came to c. 6%. All without fail gave me more or less the exact same number, and one guy actually told me it was 6%! Given they're part of the same group i'd be surprised if you get any more but you should get at least this.

Incl in S-line already

I think the timber trim is a bit old and dreary in this day and age. It always reminds me of old Rovers for some reason. Whats in the Lighting pack?? Known Audi probably a torch in the boot for 300 quid..:pac:

Audi in cork were giving 3% When my partner was going buying a a1(since decided on a mini as worked out cheaper) say price was 21300, the lady would not give me the 300euro off! Straight cash deal also...I Looked at her was like your really going to let this deal fail for 300 euro....

• Advertisement

Lights under door handles, Under foot wells and side trim etc, you actually get quite abit of light for 300euro.....

Advertisement