Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I find 50's and 60's style clothes?

• 09-02-2006 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, can anyone tell me where I can find some 50's and 60's style clothes in Dublin?

I love the polka dot skirts/dresses etc
    I also love the little cotton cardigans, the 60's flared jeans, swing skirts, the fab little tap style shoes, Oh, and I am crazy about the little mini's, with the netting underneath, not sure what decade they are from, maybe the 80's, but I cant find anything like this on the high street, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The Harlequin which is on that road leading to George's St. arcade. If you walk a straight line from the Powerscourt Centre to the arcade it's the street in between if ya get me? It's right next to the beadshop I think...

Wild Child on George's St. Eager Beacer in Temple Bar. Urban Outfitters sometimes have things like that (Temple Bar). Erm... Haven't been there in so long so can't think of any others at the moment. Try in the George's St. arcade as well. There was a vintage clothing shop there at one point anyway. Plus the shops there tend to sell some cute quirky stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Your parents/grandparents attic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

retro in georges street arcade does the cute polka dot skirts and dresses- theyre around 60e though. sesi in temple bar does cute bright coloured minis with netting underneath. eager beaver wild child and the vintage shop aound the corner from stephens green are pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

Polka dot stuff is everywhere at the mo - check out A Wear, Oasis and Topshop

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

eBay can be great for sourcing vintage stuff. Just be careful with measurements. But the vintage shops in Dublin can be viciously over-priced, so be willing to explore other options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

yeah sesi in temple bar is cool they have lots of nice stuff i used to sell jewellery thru there years ago. Eager Beaver in Temple Bar and Wild Child on Georges Street (if its still there?) - they had excellent stuff. Also geaorges st arcade and some of the charity chops down georges st are worth a look 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

sillysausage I just got an email newsletter from asos there and they had lots of clothes lik eyou were after - check out www.asos.com

Advertisement