Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Dealer Discount?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

heate wrote: »
    Right first off the gent has his heart set on an A6 2.0tdi s-line Avant. Which in itself isn't exactly poverty spec and is all that will sell under our current regime. And I can't see how its paddy spec - there's 10odd grand of extras on it, which is what most people spend on a car. And its an avant which is an 'option' as well.

People refer to paddy spec as if the rest of Europe's a6's and 5er's are dripping with the entire contents of the options catalog. UK cars may be specced with what? sat nav over an Irish car. Yay! I never found a need for one in Ireland to be honest.

The simple fact of the matter is that most people select an option pack and maybe leather and metallic and live without the magnetic dampers and lady boy massage seats.

I have all these options on my car because some company bought it initially for a director who left after 11 months and they've taken a heavy hit on it.
    If I was buying new I'd pump for the 3.0tFsi quattro because I like power and you need RWD or AWD in my opinion but I don't live in Ireland any more; I don't face the same market conditions and ridiculous tax systems!
    I can buy a new Audi with a huge discount from both the euro bonus (chf strength) and fleet discounts available and lease a fully optioned A6 for less than a 1000 francs p/m

That option in Ireland simply isn't available!

Go for it OP and just get the price to a level you are happy with or having a service package or extended warranty thrown in would be a nice bonus.
    As for a year old demo or what have you - well you won't get an avant and the only 3.0tdi avant for sale is €74,995! Bargain.
    I agree, the term "paddy spec" should be banned from boards! It's a long time since the base model in Ireland was any worse than other countries for most brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

People like you are ruining boards like this.

Now that I take offence at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

SERIOUSLY THOUGH BAZZA, STOP RUINING BOARDS WITH YOUR "LET'S ANSWER THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED " MALARKEY!

A POX ON THEE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

AltAccount wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY THOUGH BAZZA, STOP RUINING BOARDS WITH YOUR "LET'S ANSWER THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED " MALARKEY!

A POX ON THEE! :D

;)

I agree with Tea 1000 and his comments about "Paddy spec", a stupid term that people think is clever to throw about on here when they haven't even taken the time to compare spec levels from one country to another. If they had they would find one or two options not available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

I've pointed this out before not feeling like going into details again but Irish supplied Audi's and BM's are actually higher spec to those in lhd markets in Europe so the argument is null!
    If it is to refer to engine size well if you look at the stats it's not just the Irish buying sub 140g/kn luxury cars
    QED?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Air con,alloys,abs, esp, and earlier on electric windows and airbags were for many years an option here on the golf and passat class of cars compared to standard fitment in the UK.
    These days I think manufacturing costs have come down on cars to the point where I dont think it costs a manufacturer much more to put these in and they are standard on anything above baseline.

Sunroofs, satnav, metallic, comfort massaging leather seats, technology packs I think will always be optional as not everyone needs them and the manufacturer can charge more for them =more profit without pissing off potential customers.

In due course manual transmissions will become obselete for fuel economy and mass market appeal and efficient autos will become standard fitment,.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The A6 Avant is in very short supply. Was talking to a dealer last week who ordered one before Christmas and it still hasn't been assigned a production week. Ordered one myself in November (Black S-Line Avant) for a customer and it was only after putting a lot of pressure on Audi that it got week 15 production.

If you can get 5% of one of these in a retail sale, you are a very good negotiator. There isn't much left in it for the dealer at that level. When retail pricing dropped in 08/09 so did dealer margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

lomb wrote:

In due course manual transmissions will become obselete for fuel economy and mass market appeal and efficient autos will become standard fitment,.

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I'm collecting a new car today and managed to get a good discount c 5.5%. During the negotiations the salesman did inform me that the best discount would be available if a sale could be agreed before Feb 29th. We haggled more and eventually we did do a deal. What was very revealing to me was that the unit sale was more important than how much profit was in the sale.

The sales targets (volume) for each sales exec does seem to very important coming up to end Feb. Since then there's been a plethora of demo cars being advertised which suggests at least that end Feb is probably a very opportune time to get the best discounts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

End of quarter will be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

*shudder*

Why? Manual petrol sportscars are great wth driver involvement but diesels are dire with manuals, too much work to keep the car in the powerband, an unwillingness to rev, changing up early etc. Not a great combination, and as petrols are dieing a death here anyway I see no reason to shudder. Even sportscars are eliminating manuals so whats left for them other than long term the supermini class where costs are cut to the bone.

lomb wrote: »
    Why? Manual petrol sportscars are great wth driver involvement but diesels are dire with manuals, too much work to keep the car in the powerband, an unwillingness to rev, changing up early etc. Not a great combination, and as petrols are dieing a death here anyway I see no reason to shudder. Even sportscars are eliminating manuals so whats left for them other than long term the supermini class where costs are cut to the bone.
    I agree, all diesels should be auto.

Now that I take offence at.
    OK then, I'll withdraw! Comments like that one I quoted are... Fair? :p

Advertisement