Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking up Agricultural Science for Leaving Certificate 2014

• 21-08-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello i am going into 6th year in a couple of weeks and i have recently decided that i would like to take up ordinary level ag science as there was no room in 5th year and I've always wanted to do nursing and in most universities you need at least an OD3 in it i was wondering if i studied from now till June would i be able to achieve an OD3 in ag science and i was wondering what topics to cover first and what questions usually come up and also what sections in the exam i could leave out in the exam to achieve the 40 percent and what questions usually come up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC Paddy

Mizzstefan wrote: »
    Hello i am going into 6th year in a couple of weeks and i have recently decided that i would like to take up ordinary level ag science as there was no room in 5th year and I've always wanted to do nursing and in most universities you need at least an OD3 in it i was wondering if i studied from now till June would i be able to achieve an OD3 in ag science and i was . I was wondering what topics to cover first and what questions usually come up and also what sections in the exam i could leave out in the exam to achieve the 40 percent and what questions usually come up[/QUOT

I'm doing it this year too. Just like you I couldn't do it in 5th. Anyways I have been looking at the course and it has a lot of biology and geography so if you do them it covers a lot of the course. There is also a project worth 25% which for me looks easy (but I live on a farm so if you don't it might be harder). I was also talking to a lad who did it last year in one year too, he not only got the course done in a year he covered it twice. Just so you know he got an A2. Also remember that the course is one of the last subjects to do. My second last exam is history and then I've got a FULL week to study(this is going by last years timetable)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mizzstefan

Thankyou so much would you say i would get the Od3 easier than i would in biology?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC Paddy

Mizzstefan wrote: »
    Thankyou so much would you say i would get the Od3 easier than i would in biology?

I couldn't tell you coz I've only just started Ag Science myself but people I know find Ag Science easier, one lad averaged a B/C in Biology last year but averaged a High B in Ag Science (both at honors) and the others find Ag Science easier too, maybe coz they are farmers though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Read through through this thread carefully, should answer most of your questions, and if there's anything specific after that, maybe best ask it there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement