Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm looking forward to the Arkham Asylum and Injustice games. Tbf, after playing the beta loads, I still want to pick up Killzone but I might hold off until I've cleared some of the backlog of games that I have at the moment. Although I did break the embargo I've put on myself in terms of buying games and picked up Lone Survivorl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Tearaway is probably my next big purchase. Played it at the Eurogamer Expo and thought it was really well-made and used all of the functionality of the Vita in a fun way.

After that, I really want to see how Borderlands 2 turns out. There are also strong rumours of an inFamous game coming to Vita.

I also got to play Volume at EGX. Really excited to see that on Vita too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I would absolute love Dark Souls on Vita! Tearaway looks really good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Would love to see InFamous or Far Cry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Did not know Volume was coming out on Vita. Nice

Tearaway definitely. Also got to play it and thought it was great.

I'm interested to see reviews on the Arkham game and after that Fez whenever that comes out.

Would love an infamous game on it.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Did not know Volume was coming out on Vita. Nice

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-thomas-was-alone-devs-volume-a-timed-ps4-exclusive

Rejoice and be glad.

Also, the Arkham game was good but a little too linear for my liking. Hope the rest of the game is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-thomas-was-alone-devs-volume-a-timed-ps4-exclusive

Rejoice and be glad.

Also, the Arkham game was good but a little too linear for my liking. Hope the rest of the game is better.

Completely agree but I think it's a game you'd need more time with to judge properly. That demo was hopefully set very early in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm playing Super Stardust and can't get the trophy: Scrooge MacBoom-Arcade Get 10 Special Weapons.

I played all the way through Arcade mode without touching the screen to activate a special weapon but the trophy never appeared. According to people on Google, if you make it to Planet 4, the trophy should appear. No idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Edit:
    I think I know what the problem is. As I was playing, black holes kept appearing. I think these are the special weapons I'm supposed to be collecting for the trophy instead of using. Thing is, I never used the touch screen to set the holes off. How am I triggering them?

Edit 2:
    Could the rear touch pad be triggering the black holes? It's possible my fingers are resting on it as I play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

tok9 wrote: »
    That demo was hopefully set very early in the game.

It was set very early in the game. Playing gravity rush, different and I like the graphical style with the subtitled Japanese dialog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone know if there is any sort if market for broken Vitas, like ps3 and Xbox.aybe for parts. Even 20 or 30 towards a new one would be a great help?

• Advertisement

Playstation Plus for November is kind of crappy for the Vita. Two budget games - Oddworld and MotorStorm - probably doesn't help that I already have both of those games:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/11/playstation-plus-in-november-metal-gear-rising-remember-me-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dragons crown doesnt seem to be in any of the shops here in cork :s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Dragons crown doesnt seem to be in any of the shops here in cork :s

Says its sold out on the Gamestop site where they have it listed at €39.99

I'm gathering that'll be €44.99 in store so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

Do any shops in dublin have the 32gb memory card for close to the price on amazon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

penev10 wrote: »

I asked in gamestop in ballincollig and your man told me they didn't get it in because it an obscure title lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anywhere selling the 32 GB memory cards for a decent price? Gonna be getting a PS Vita within the next two months. Have a bunch of games collected from PS Plus already.

megaten wrote: »
    Do any shops in dublin have the 32gb memory card for close to the price on amazon?

Not 32GB but *cough* *cough*

VVVVVV

I just bought and collected my new Vita through adverts.ie It is one month old, comes with the receipt and two games. Box and cables all intact not a single mark on it.
    Best of all........ It cost me 100 euros

Delighted!

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    I just bought and collected my new Vita through adverts.ie It is one month old, comes with the receipt and two games. Box and cables all intact not a single mark on it.
    Best of all........ It cost me 100 euros

Delighted!

That was a steal for 100 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just used skype for the first time on the vita. Worked surprisingly well.

That was a steal for 100 euro :D

Indeed, and i can trade in the two games as i have them already. will prob only get 10 or 20 for them but thats another 10 or 20 off the price.

result!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Some offscreen footage of Injustice running on Vita.

Pity thought that I might pick this up for PS4 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Something just happened to my memory card. I was playing a game and a notice popped up saying the memory card had been removed (didn't touch it). Now everything I downloaded on my homescreen is gone. Final Fantasy VII, Super Stardust, all gone. How did this happen and how can I fix it? Have I lost my game saves as well? I tried taking the card out and putting it back in but that did nothing. Seriously annoyed here.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Something just happened to my memory card. I was playing a game and a notice popped up saying the memory card had been removed (didn't touch it). Now everything I downloaded on my homescreen is gone. Final Fantasy VII, Super Stardust, all gone. How did this happen and how can I fix it? Have I lost my game saves as well? I tried taking the card out and putting it back in but that did nothing. Seriously annoyed here.

Take out the card and do a complete system restart. Hold down the power button on the top of the Vita for 30 seconds - I think the blue light on the PS sign flashes twice when its ready.This will boot the Vita to a recovery menu. Select the option 'Rebuild Database'. Allow the unit to restart and boot back to the main menu. Then put the memory card back in.

This worked for me when I had a similar issue but I can't guarantee it will work for you.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Just bought Lone Survivor for my Vita looks spooky little gem!

How did you get on with this. I think I'm going to have to restart the whole thing because I kind of messed myself up and at this I'm kind of boxed into a corner having run out of batteries and flares and little in the way of ammo after being a bit non-discriminate with my use of them earlier on in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

How did you get on with this. I think I'm going to have to restart the whole thing because I kind of messed myself up and at this I'm kind of boxed into a corner having run out of batteries and flares and little in the way of ammo after being a bit non-discriminate with my use of them earlier on in the game.

I think it will take me another run through, same as you it reminds me when I used to get boxed in when I ran out of ammo in Resi Evil. But it was worth the buy in my opinion!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I think it will take me another run through, same as you it reminds me when I used to get boxed in when I ran out of ammo in Resi Evil. But it was worth the buy in my opinion!

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it myself - it's kind of like an 8-bit Silent Hill. I'm just cursing the fact that I'm after running out of everything. I think I'm just going to restart it and be a hell of a lot more cautious in my us of everything in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gonna be picking up an early birthday present tomorrow. Got the 3G Vita with an 8Gb card and 10 downloadable games for £115 (€135). Delighted with that price.
    I let me PS+ sub die out a few months back but I'm almost certainly going to be subbing back up once I get it tomorrow.
    Really tempted to get P4G but I've never played a persona game before.
    AC:Liberation is on my wish list too. Anyone got any other recommendations and lesser known games that I should check out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement