Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

How are you putting the podcasts on the watch? I find Spotify a lot less problematic than other ways.

I do it through Spotify, add it to a play list and then sync.

Everything except the BBC podcast Ice Killer comes across.

Can you check capacity anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I had fallen on the side of the 645M because of Garmin Pay as well, but have now seen reviews of the problems with AirPod bluetooth compatibility. Thought I had made a decision but now struggling to find out if it's still a problem with second gen AirPods & newest watch firmware.

Didn't know that, but then I don't have AirPods. I use Plantronics Backbeat when running and haven't had any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I've decided to go with the 645 anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

Is there a limit to the amount of workouts you can put on a 230 watch?

I have a good few on mine and sync'd another 5 or 6 to the watch but only 3 or 4 have gone on the watch.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I have a good few on mine and sync'd another 5 or 6 to the watch but only 3 or 4 have gone on the watch.

Yep. 25 is the limit I think. Delete a few and new ones should start to sync.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Did someone share a link to Garmin that had a student discount, i cant find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Anyone seen any offers on the 245 or 245 music, herself is looking for a watch which will play music and the 245 seems to fit the bill , I'm undecided as to what way I'll go, rarely listen to anything when running but it might be handy? Cheapest prices I've seen have been euglobal 230/270 (music).

Hardly Normal had the 245 music for 299 but seems to be gone, they do have the venu for 320 but that's closer to a vivoactive 4 than forerunner 245 from what I can make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

glic83 wrote: »
    Anyone seen any offers on the 245 or 245 music, herself is looking for a watch which will play music and the 245 seems to fit the bill , I'm undecided as to what way I'll go, rarely listen to anything when running but it might be handy? Cheapest prices I've seen have been euglobal 230/270 (music)
    The 645 Music is €280 in argos. Very similar to the 245.

Been scouring the net for best deal for the 245, this seems to be it 236 Euro including delivery

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/garmin-forerunner-245-gps-wrist-based-heart-rate-sport-watch-slate-010-02120-45-support-eu-languages-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Irishder wrote: »
    Been scouring the net for best deal for the 245, this seems to be it 236 Euro including delivery

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/garmin-forerunner-245-gps-wrist-based-heart-rate-sport-watch-slate-010-02120-45-support-eu-languages-1.html

I have order before from these. But have heard a few horror stories about them recently regarding no deliveries and no responses to emails etc.

In this current climate I would be wary about buying anything from them, even if it costs you and extra 50euro from Amazon or Garmon I would just buy from them and save the heart ache!!!

• Advertisement

yeah ive ordered from them before with no issues but might hold off for a while.

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I have order before from these. But have heard a few horror stories about them recently regarding no deliveries and no responses to emails etc.

In this current climate I would be wary about buying anything from them, even if it costs you and extra 50euro from Amazon or Garmon I would just buy from them and save the heart ache!!!

Placed the order with them today. At that price i am willing to take the risk, great deal if it works out

Placed the order with them today. At that price i am willing to take the risk, great deal if it works out

What did you order, I ordered the 245 music last Thursday and fu*k all information about dispatch yet, hopefully I'll hear something next week

What did you order, I ordered the 245 music last Thursday and fu*k all information about dispatch yet, hopefully I'll hear something next week

Ordered the 245 (non Music) and got a confirmation email straight away.

Ordered the 245 (non Music) and got a confirmation email straight away.

Sorry got my confirmation email , that's its packing and delivering soon but that was last week, nothing since, so hopefully I'll get a tracking number by next week, it seems to be very hit & miss but min time would be 2 weeks by the looks of it and some a lot longer.

Best of luck, I've heard horror stories the last few months due this Covid-19. Hopefully it all works out.

Just got a mail saying its dispatching

Just got a mail saying its dispatching

Yeah you need to get an actual tracking number though, until it could be 2 weeks "dispatching"

Yeah you need to get an actual tracking number though, until it could be 2 weeks "dispatching"

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into that. Even when you do get tracking number you might still have big delays from what I've been reading these few weeks.

How much did you get the watch for again from EuGlobal?

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into that. Even when you do get tracking number you might still have big delays from what I've been reading these few weeks.

235 Euro

• Advertisement

It was €272 for the 245 music

Got a tracking number a little while ago so will be interesting to see how long it takes to actually leave the destination

Got a tracking number a little while ago so will be interesting to see how long it takes to actually leave the destination

any update? I didnt hear anything further

any update? I didnt hear anything further

Have my tracking number but no sign of movement, it's going to be through DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Slideways

Possibly been asked before but the search was painful to sort through.

I’ve a Fenix 6 pro, my mrs a 6s pro

Whenever we run together she will always start to beep the splits before me more and more as we run. At the end of a 12k she would be stopping up to a minute before me.

Last night we did 400m repeats and starting at the exact same point her watched had her finishing the distance a good 10m before mine.

I can understand a difference between different manufacturers or maybe even cheaper models in the range but with both watches set up exactly the same I can’t understand the discrepancy

She has a much higher cadence and as such her arm travels further or so my thinking went so we swapped watches but then I ended up ahead.

Anyone else see similar things?

Have my tracking number but no sign of movement, it's going to be through DPD

Got my tracking number there as well and its saying in transit, so bit of luck i will get it next week which is not to bad

Got my tracking number there as well and its saying in transit, so bit of luck i will get it next week which is not to bad

Mine is in transit since I got the tracking number, it may just be going from one side of the room to the other though ��, so last week when checking I dropped the first 2 digits and last 2 from the tracking number and do a search with parcel app, it's going to be going through DPD UK but it's not got to them yet, and the euglobal tracker isn't the most believable either. This is from the tracking with euglobal

#DateParcel Status
    8. 2020-05-28 Shipment further connected.
    7. 2020-05-27 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    6. 2020-05-26 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5. 2020-05-25 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4. 2020-05-24 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3. 2020-05-23 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2. 2020-05-22 In transit.
    1. 2020-05-21 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

Then on the parcelapp with the first and last 2 digits dropped

19 May 2020 02:48 Order information has been transmitted to DPD.
    DPD data centre

19 May 2020 02:48 Order information has been transmitted to DPD
    DPD data centre

19 May 2020 02:46 We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel
    dpd

So hoping for something to arrive within the 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

Hi all, anyone had issues with their 645 or forerunners not picking up GPS signal?

I've had the watch for about 2 years and it's been going great until this week when it stopped picking up GPS signal.

I sync with the Connect app on a daily basis so it should have latest satellite info. I wiped all the historical activities in case there was a resource issue. I also restarted it. None of those things made a difference.

Today I left it outside (completely clear sky) for 20 minutes today to try and get signal to no avail.

Not sure what to do next ... anyone got some suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

Finally got it sorted. I had to connect to Garmin Express, there seemed to be a GPS firmware update that wasn't being installed via Connect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Slideways wrote: »
    Possibly been asked before but the search was painful to sort through.

I’ve a Fenix 6 pro, my mrs a 6s pro

Anyone else see similar things?

Did you check that the firmware was up-to-date on both devices?

Here's a useful place to look.

http://gpsinformation.net/allory/new.htm

R

Advertisement