Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting a scuff fixed thru insurance

• 24-06-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

I picked up another scuff on the car this week while it was parked at work. I brought it to "exclusive autobody" in Dalkey and am waiting a quoute back from them.
    I rang the insurance, they said they would take 100 euro off my 200 euro excess if I used their garage e.g "The accident repair centre", Unit 18 Cookstown Industrial estate. I have NCB protection so it doesn't affect my quote next year.. so they said!

I would take the 100 euro on the chin if it means a better job, as I suspect it might, but dunno..........
    Obviously I will get any other nicks and scratches fixed at the same time on my own dime

Does anyone have any experience with either body shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rengaw

I picked up another scuff on the car this week while it was parked at work. I brought it to "exclusive autobody" in Dalkey and am waiting a quoute back from them.
    I rang the insurance, they said they would take 100 euro off my 200 euro excess if I used their garage e.g "The accident repair centre", Unit 18 Cookstown Industrial estate. I have NCB protection so it doesn't affect my quote next year.. so they said!

I would take the 100 euro on the chin if it means a better job, as I suspect it might, but dunno..........
    Obviously I will get any other nicks and scratches fixed at the same time on my own dime

Does anyone have any experience with either body shop?

Aye I've used ARC a good few times (same situation, NCB protection is a godsend!) and they're great, no trouble at all. And €100 would fill the tank with petrol too!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

er... won't your NCB protection not work if you claim again within 3 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rengaw

colm_mcm wrote: »
    er... won't your NCB protection not work if you claim again within 3 years?

Don't think so, not with my insurance company anyway. Quinn might apply that sort of crap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i used them before after a break-in and found them great, they even gave me a runaround in the shape of a micra (better then nothing) for the couple of days they had my motor , happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I got another option from them, windsor in deansgrange (opposite NCT) so I am waiting a quote from them. I'll see what the quotes are like before deciding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Rengaw wrote: »
    Don't think so, not with my insurance company anyway. Quinn might apply that sort of crap though.
    this was Allianz if I remember correctly

Advertisement