Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilcullen - Red Cow - Santry

• 28-07-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Im starting a new job this week and won't have an opportunity to get to try the route before the day I start. I will be driving from Kilcullen to Santry. I imagine without traffic the journey to be about 50 minutes but I've to start at 9:15 so I expect there will be a lot of traffic. Does anybody have ny idea as to how long it takes to get from the Red Cow to Santry at about 8:00 or 8:15 in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

If it was me i'd leave around half 7. Potential traffic at Newlands cross and from M50 into Santry. From the Red Cow to the Ballymun exit of the M50 shouldnt take much more than 20 mins. Depending of traffic coming off the M50 then it could take another 20 mins from the M50 into Santry. If its the Retail Park by Northwood that you are going to then it will be a bit less.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

New job - leave at 7am! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭teddybear178

Victor wrote: »
    New job - leave at 7am! :)

Exactly, if you're super early get a tea or coffee and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Exactly, if you're super early get a tea or coffee and relax.

Big time. It's a new job.

Day 1: leave at 7am
    Day 2: if very early on Day 1, leave at 7.05am
    Day n: if early on Day n-1, leave 5 minutes later than Day n-1
    Repeat until you are 15 minutes early for your job, arriving at 9am in your case. This will leave you 15 minutes contingency for bad mornings, meaning you're only late on really bad mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Remember that the schools and many workers will be back at the end of August.

• Advertisement
Advertisement