Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Power Adapter.

• 17-09-2008 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭

Need to get a replacement plug in power supply for a Xerox 4800 flatbed scanner.

Input: 220 - 240v

Output: +12v 1.25A

Xerox actually have them on there site but I have two issues with that.

1. The cost is £15 Stg. & the Delivery to Ireland is £35 Stg :eek:

2. Even at that they don't have an option in the actual checkout page for Ireland.

I've e-mailed them but have not received a reply.

The power supplies in the €uro shops are fine for some products but they only have a rating of 300MA which is not sufficient for the Xerox scanner.

Anyone know where I might locate one at a reasonable price?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Maplin have ones that will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lami

Have you tried eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

There's a 12V 1.25A one here: http://www.digidave.co.uk/jshop/product.php?xProd=216
    You'd need to check the tip fits, from the spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Maplin have ones that will do.
    quaalude wrote: »
    There's a 12V 1.25A one here: http://www.digidave.co.uk/jshop/product.php?xProd=216

Thanks lads,

That one you posted quaalude looks very reasonable price wise but there is one noticeable difference with the original one & the one that jmccrohan posted.

Both the original one & the one in Maplin have what I think is some sort on in-line filter (bulky bit just above the connector tip).

I wonder if this is some sort of noise suppression & how significant is it in relation to the functionality of the product?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Just a ferrite bead - some switched-mode power supply designs need one on the DC cable in order to meet EMI suppression regulations. It does not affect functionality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

quaalude wrote: »

Bought the adapter off Digidave & it's working perfectly.

Had never known of them until quaalude's post.

Found them great to deal with, no problems at all. :)

-

Advertisement