Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toyo open country a/t tyres

• 04-12-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I can get a set of these at €450 fitted to my jeep. What are these like in terms of wear and grip versus the better brands such as BF Goodrich or General Grabbers? I always heard toyos were a good tyre for a car but I don't know for a 4x4. Any opinions or experience out there. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

They're relatively new on the market so may be hard to get any reviews on them but at that money and after reading what's available online about them I'd have them. I have bfg ats myself but would consider the toyos. They do a good looking mud terrain if your doing much off road work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Never used them myself but for other users review after using them they don't compare to grabbers BF or coopers AT

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I know BFG are a lot more to buy but their wear rate is fantastic compared to any other tyre I ever used.
    Probably twice that of any other.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

Ok. BF Goodrich a/t are coming in €130 dearer on a full set. Which would ye get?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

The answer is a no brainer, bfg ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Been hearing that the wear rate on BFG's has gone south a lot in recent times, softer compounds or something, total pub talk but wondering is there any truth in it?

Cooper discoverers are literally all the rage in Australia atm, the work 'cruisers I had out there were on them, do just as good mileage as the bfg's according to the boss man, he runs all his trailers on BFG's, and the utes on coopers.

Ok. BF Goodrich a/t are coming in €130 dearer on a full set. Which would ye get?

If all that's in it is 130 euro then bfg all day every day. What size are they? I paid over 700 few months ago for 265/70-16s

245-70-16

245-70-16

They're not badly priced wherever your getting them. Take the bfg, you won't be disappointed. Best all rounder there is, give massive mileage too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I've used them on my work vehicles (hilux) out here in Australia. Pretty good tyres and have a decent reputation over here too. Pretty much all my driving would be off road, dirt roads, sandy tracks, wet mud etc...

• Advertisement

Cheers Pete. How would you rate them for wear and how good are they as compared to the bf goodrich?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

I have general grabbers on my navara with 80000km on them now and still plenty of wear on them. Can't fault them

I have general grabbers on my navara with 80000km on them now and still plenty of wear on them. Can't fault them
    Supposed to be a great tyre too. The at2s or at3s? The latter ain't as good I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Cheers Pete. How would you rate them for wear and how good are they as compared to the bf goodrich?

I've never used the BF's but the Toyo are ok in the wet. We're getting 20-40mm of rain per day at the minute. Obviously not driving 100kmh in those conditions on the highway.

I've got a set of 235/85R16 General grabbers on my old Landcruiser and they are pretty good in all conditions for a skinny tyre on a 4X4. Good thread, I've only done about 10,000K on them, mostly highway and they feel pretty solid.

Advertisement