Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you feel fullfilled and if so what is it that makes you feel fullfilled?

• 18-02-2012 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

What makes you feel satisfied with life, whole and content or do you ask yourself 'is this it' more regularly than you'd like?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Sex, beer and football.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

As of recently I quite enjoy rum. Very little gets me in a good mood.

So rum and cigarettes.

Feed your vices, you'll be dead soon enough anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

1. Watching grass grow
    2. Watching paint dry
    3. Washing Dishes
    4. Pissing in the corner of the living room
    5. Staring at the phone waiting for it to ring

all make life that little bit sweeter...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Making my kids smile and laugh - also writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

A PAIR OF FECKIN WOMENS KNICKERS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

No.

So, I guess, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

No I don't there is something missing in my life, I feel bereft of purpose or something. I need an aim or a hobby or something,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Biggins wrote: »

Your teaching your kids to write. Is not that what teachers are for. I wish people stopped undermining to ability of our public service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Quit my job and joined the army. I feel genuinely fulfilled from all hard work and ****-all salary, that's supposedly 'below' a university graduate. From cleaning the block, to being ****ed around up and down a hill for a morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Biggins wrote: »

Your teaching your kids to write. Is not that what teachers are for. I wish people stopped undermining to ability of our public service.

Well they obviously didn't do a good job with you so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

baraca wrote: »

They couldnt teach me, more made me learn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

discus wrote: »
    Quit my job and joined the army. I feel genuinely fulfilled from all hard work and ****-all salary, that's supposedly 'below' a university graduate. From cleaning the block, to being ****ed around up and down a hill for a morning.

LOL
    I am not sure if you are happy with your decision or not.

Its one thing I notice about army lads, most of them like their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

No, never been happier! Wether we're carrying a lad a few miles down a mountain, or up all night cleaning rifles and **** as punishment, I'm doing it with 30 odd other lads who just wanna get stuck in, get their work done and then help everyone else get their work done. I've never been lucky enough to work with lads with such a genuine approach to team work!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

baraca wrote: »
    They couldnt teach me, more made me learn it.

I...

Aaa...

Well you see...

Aaa... feck it! I'm keeping my mouth shut! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When i get 1000/1000 or a Platinum Trophy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

No, I'm happy day-to-day but not fulfilled. Feel like there's more I should be doing with myself but don't have the guts to do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

No, not until I find someone to play table tennis with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

laylah wrote: »
    What makes you feel satisfied with life, whole and content or do you ask yourself 'is this it' more regularly than you'd like?

Sigh, there must be more to life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Yes

My son
    Reading ("technical" and spiritual) in a coffee shop
    Drinking
    Taking life and myself alot less seriously than I once did
    My son

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    No, I'm happy day-to-day but not fulfilled. Feel like there's more I should be doing with myself but don't have the guts to do it.

I'm much the same. The hundrum becomes your life rather than your aims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I hope I can someday. But I've never felt this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I don't know. I find myself staring blankly into spaces and wondering, if the trouble of life is really worth it. Is it? All life is is experience. We just experience senses. We are bombarded with sensations every second of life, whether external or internal. We emote. That is all life is. And whatever circumstance we happen to be in.

What is meant to fulfil me? My own personal subscription to happiness? What if happiness is beyond me? Or my desires are unrealistic? But I have spent a lifetime attempting to realise them?

Some people are predisposed to pain, to worry and anxiety. Some people fear that fear will prevail.

What really should fulfil me? The gratification of some narcissistic urge or drive? The gratification of the enthusiastic esteem in which my ego regards itself? We spend our lives suppressing any notions, any barbed thorns capable of threatening our conceptions of contentment, with mindless, worthless enterprises and endeavours to occupy us and diminish any acknowledgement of them. With mind altering, reality altering drugs, intoxicated, to escape into denial and fantasy through a chimney full of smoke.

And if we somehow grasp fulfilment, if even for but a second, through some degree of contentment that a dissociation from reality can only provide. Only really found authentically in love and sex and affection and humour, will it be enough? Or will there always have to be more? Will we grow bored with what we have?

Until we get tired of attempting, and accept, fatally, our inability to be perpetually fulfilled, or even our preoccupation with this pointless but necessary endeavour?

It is odd that the persuasion towards the acquirement of pleasure is somewhat paradoxical.

I'm just messing, I'm actually of quite a rather affable disposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

For most of my life, no.

All of a sudden, six months ago, things started looking up for me. Sorted through some mental health issues that had plagued me for years, met a great fella last September and have just been offered a great job.

So today? Yes, very unexpectedly too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

16" pizza, I'd definitely be full filled after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Bit of a boring response but I find life in general fulfilling.

Work is interesting and challenging and in the next year will be starting a new project that is bigger than anything I've ever done.

Family life is great, a great wife and a wonderful daughter who makes life very interesting. You tend to take yourself less seriously when there's a 4 year old keeping you on your toes.

Plus, I ditched some negative people about a year ago, and now concentrate on trying to do good for the good people in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

I was about to post a 'yore ma' reply when I saw the words 'feel fullfilled' but I thought it was harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

A hard day's work.

A long, kick-ass run.

Mindblowing sex.

When the vending machine accidentally gives me two kit kats.

Advertisement