Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Indoors Fantasy League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

sent today

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

Indoor Cahmps start tomorrow morning, have we got the final league picks sorted out or is this thread dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

ecoli is away at a training camp, I don't know if he's online at all. If he hasn't been responding to PMs, maybe one of you should compile the teams?

Just looked through my PM's a realised that my list was not sent to ecoli:o, what a numpty I am.

Even bigger numpty than I thought, I did send my list last week but didn't save a copy to my sent items box so I thought it wasn't sent if you know what I mean. Think I have it sorted out now:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Sorry about the delay I had hoped to get on alot early in the week. Ill do up the lists now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Right I have updated the list. The crappy computer I am using however doesnt seem to have the copy and paste function so I had to edit a previous one (see post 43) 04........ has one more pick to make followed by RK and I cut down the numbers simply because we are not the most creative bunch and there was barely anyone on the lists that wasn´t used and being on short time scale (my fault for not getting on sooner) makes more sense to just leave it the round short

Anyway back to sun miles and the odd beers later folks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

ecoli wrote: »
    Anyway back to sun miles and the odd beers later folks:D

Sounds awfull ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Good work ecoli, thanks for taking time out to get this sorted. I'll add the table to this post so for handiness. Enjoy your sunny beers!!

RainbowKirby |Jessica Ennis|david storl|lerone clarke|-|-|
    Getonwithit |Yelena Isinbayeva|meserat defar|augustine choge|marc lewandoski|-|
    BobMac104 |Ciaran O'Lionaird|tianna madison|genzebe dibaba|nigel levine|-|
    RoyMcC |Holly Bleasdale|adam kszczot|bethwel birgen|gillian camarena williams|-|
    ecoli |Ashton Eaton|pamela jelimo|jesse williams|trell kimmons|-|
    dev123 |Mo Farah|christian taylor|ivan ukhov|sylvia kibet|-|
    BriandeRunner |Sally Pearson|sanya richards ross|nadzheya ostapchuk|olga rybakova|-|
    Dan Man |Anna Chicherova|valerie vili|will claye|yargelis savigne|-|
    04072511 |Renaud Lavillenie.|britanny reese|bernard lagat|-|-|
    Lock |Liu Xiang|kirani james|mutaz essa barshim|mohammad aman|-|
    drquirky |Silas Kiplagat|veronica campbell brown|tatyana chernova|matt centrowitz|-|
    Longjump67 |Olha Saladuha|Reese Hoffa|Darya Klishna|kristi castlin|-|
    marathonmanpat|-|-|-|-|-|

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Getonwithit

Great work thanks, so is that the final table? Using this a s apractice run for the Olympics, Im a newbie to this stuff..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Dayron Robles for me. He cost me a shot at gold in Daegu, but I’m giving him a second chance.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And to finish... Gelete Burka. :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RainbowKirby |Jessica Ennis|david storl|lerone clarke|Gelete Burka|-|
    Getonwithit |Yelena Isinbayeva|meserat defar|augustine choge|marc lewandoski|-|
    BobMac104 |Ciaran O'Lionaird|tianna madison|genzebe dibaba|nigel levine|-|
    RoyMcC |Holly Bleasdale|adam kszczot|bethwel birgen|gillian camarena williams|-|
    ecoli |Ashton Eaton|pamela jelimo|jesse williams|trell kimmons|-|
    dev123 |Mo Farah|christian taylor|ivan ukhov|sylvia kibet|-|
    BriandeRunner |Sally Pearson|sanya richards ross|nadzheya ostapchuk|olga rybakova|-|
    Dan Man |Anna Chicherova|valerie vili|will claye|yargelis savigne|-|
    04072511 |Renaud Lavillenie.|britanny reese|bernard lagat|Dayron Robles|-|
    Lock |Liu Xiang|kirani james|mutaz essa barshim|mohammad aman|-|
    drquirky |Silas Kiplagat|veronica campbell brown|tatyana chernova|matt centrowitz|-|
    Longjump67 |Olha Saladuha|Reese Hoffa|Darya Klishna|kristi castlin|-|

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

04072511 wrote: »
    Dayron Robles for me. He cost me a shot at gold in Daegu, but I’m giving him a second chance.

I think Robles is out injured!

runjb wrote: »
    I think Robles is out injured!

Right you are. Ok I'll go with Tiffani Porter. I really don't have much more time to research this. I'm sending out an experimental team for the world indoors, to gain experience ahead of the Olympic Games.

I'd also like to say that I hope that Porter makes a balls of it and scores me no points, as it would be good for Derval, but taking my green glasses off I reckon she will get a medal, probably silver.

So much for my list as my first pick was a non-runner so to speak why was she not picked for the UKR team? is she injured? and why did none of you guys give me the heads-up on it? for shame.:mad:

longjump67 wrote: »
    So much for my list as my first pick was a non-runner so to speak why was she not picked for the Russian team? is she injured? and why did none of you guys give me the heads-up on it? for shame.:mad:

That is unfortunate, never noticed that either. The only thing I can suggest by way of fair play is that you be allowed to sub in your next highest choice from the list of 7 athletes you sent to ecoli, providing no other players have them in their teams and would need everyone to agree on it. I would be willing to give you the benefit of this since your athlete didn't travel to Istanbul - need to appeal to the powers that be though!!

Very decent of you Dan, if thats ok with others fine, if not fine, should have kept an eye on my picks myself :o

Yeh go on, have another pick. Sure it's only a bit of fun anyway.

Very decent of you Dan, if thats ok with others fine, if not fine, should have kept an eye on my picks myself :o

True, but given the time constraints and the fact we missed out on a possible transfer window perhaps we should forgive your oversight! Her absence on the other hand enabled Yargelis Savigne from team Dan to sneak the last available spot in the triple jump final. :D

• Advertisement

But it should be your next highest preference on your list of 7 you sent to ecoli (will need him to confirm it all when he gets a chance). Who was your next highest choice longjump?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

As long as the event hasn't started yet you can pick who you like i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Blast ahead with your pick

Dan man wrote: »
    But it should be your next highest preference on your list of 7 you sent to ecoli (will need him to confirm it all when he gets a chance). Who was your next highest choice longjump?

Can't for the life of me remember, will leave it up to ecoli to make the final decision, he has my list from last week. I didn't keep a copy:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Can't for the life of me remember, will leave it up to ecoli to make the final decision, he has my list from last week. I didn't keep a copy:o

By the time Ecoli gets back to you the competition will be over. Just pick whoever and stick it up on the table.

The rest of your team is nothing special so we can make an exception for you :D

It wasn't Ciaran O'Lionaird by any chance, was it? :pac:

If you sent it as a PM it should be in your sent items

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

dev123 wrote: »

No but he was my first choice :(

not my day one DNS and one DNF :P wouldnt worry about the team now.

If this run of luck keeps up Hoffa will fall coming into the stadium and break both his arms and God help my 4th pick, wouldn't want anything to happen to her;)

RainbowKirby|Jessica Ennis (9)|david storl (9)|lerone clarke (0)|Gelete Burka|18 points/3 athletes used|
    Getonwithit |Yelena Isinbayeva|meserat defar|augustine choge|marc lewandoski|0 points/0 athletes used|
    BobMac104 |Ciaran O'Lionaird (0)|tianna madison|genzebe dibaba|nigel levine (3)|3 points/2 athletes used|
    RoyMcC |Holly Bleasdale|adam kszczot|bethwel birgen (0)|gillian camarena williams|0 points/1 athlete used|
    ecoli |Ashton Eaton|pamela jelimo|jesse williams|trell kimmons|0 points/0 athletes used|
    dev123 |Mo Farah|christian taylor|ivan ukhov|sylvia kibet|0 points/0 athletes used|
    BriandeRunner |Sally Pearson|sanya richards ross|nadzheya ostapchuk|olga rypakova|0 points/0 athletes used|
    Dan Man |Anna Chicherova|valerie vili|will claye|yargelis savigne|0 points/ 0 athletes used|
    04072511 |Renaud Lavillenie|britanny reese|bernard lagat|Dayron Robles|0 points/0 athletes used|
    Lock |Liu Xiang|kirani james|mutaz essa barshim|mohammad aman|0 points/ 0 athletes used|
    drquirky |Silas Kiplagat|veronica campbell brown|tatyana chernova (6)|matt centrowitz|6 points/1 athlete used|
    Longjump67 |Olha Saladuha (0)|Reese Hoffa (6)|Darya Klishna|kristi castlin (0)|6 points/3 athletes used|

I think these are the points totals from day 1. Longjump was unlucky today, I think we'd all still be willing to allow you replace the triple jumper who didn't go to Istanbul if you still want to.

• Advertisement

BobMac104 wrote: »
    dev123 wrote: »

No but he was my first choice :(

Jaysis, sorry bout that. I'm rubbing it in early doors!!! Will be on my best behaviour from here on in

Advertisement