Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Happy easter everyone!

Im usually a chochaholic but I have been getting really bad heartburn the last 2 weeks! Last night I was driving and my heartburn started bubbling and I burped and actually got sick...sorry TMI!!! I had to stop the car and hang out the door!!!! So I think ill have to limit my choc intake this easter!!

have a funny situation, I have been waiting for a HSE job to come through since last nov and its finally started moving, looks like ill be starting it at about 8 months pregnant imagine!! 1 month work with them then ill be off on maternity! its their problem as they have been so slow and I was totally honest with them and told them back in Jan I was pregnant, but due to Irish law they cant withdraw the job because Im pregnant! Thinking about handing in my notice from my current job and hopefully have a week or two inbetween finishing/ starting to gets some rest/ few jobs done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Happy easter everyone!

Im usually a chochaholic but I have been getting really bad heartburn the last 2 weeks! Last night I was driving and my heartburn started bubbling and I burped and actually got sick...sorry TMI!!! I had to stop the car and hang out the door!!!! So I think ill have to limit my choc intake this easter!!!

Good luck with the new job. I've had really bad heartburn all along, and I'm trying to find other remedies to soothe it, other than gaviscon and rennies.
    Milk is good, because it neutralises the acid but I've discovered in the last week or so that the longer I fast between meals the worse it seems to get. So now I'm trying to eat little and often, but usually I'm so busy in work that I only remember to eat when I feel the burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

javagal wrote: »
    i have no intention of getting pethadine cause its meant to make you feel drunk but deny me an epidural and you Will need one yourself!

I totally agree, on my first I thought I'd be ok without epi but boy was i wrong then i eventually got epi but it didnt work as i'd left it so long.... midwife tried to get me to take pethedine even though i didnt want it, eventually i gave in but it just made me feel i had no control over my body and i was so sick...never again, so on second i got epi as soon as i could and i was so much more relaxed much better for me!!! I even had the poor anesetist come back to check it defenitly worked:) So epi for me again as soon as I can:D

I commend those women who do it without!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I've never had an epi on all 4 of mine just gas & air
    The only reason for me never having one is that I'm terrified of needles.
    Ds4 was op (face up delivering) he got into distress and heart rate dropped rapidly.he was almost ventouse delivery but then I managed to get him out.it was terrifying.
    I'd love an epi this time if I didn't need the needle

Fair play tinkerbell4484, i couldnt stomach gas and air made me sick heard it good though... but it is like on one born(when it works) It each to their own just keep an open mind as you dont know till your in it how ull do... my sister-in-laws baby flew out only 2hrs from start to finish so you never know(I have told her I hate her now though and could she please have this child for me ha ha!!!:):)

Scan tommorrow cant wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

enjoy your scan tink!
    tomorrow marks the start of the third trimester for me,
    sleeping is getting worse and worse as i get bigger, baby seems to be always lying on my bladder!

Had my scan today....its a girl!!!

I think i have a stubborn one on my hands kept turning away from scan and blocking her face with her hands.... at least i can go do lots of shopping now:)
    I'm delighted!!!:D:D

Must be delighted to be in third trimester java 2 3rds of the way there yay!!!
    Sorry ur not sleeping its just not easy, these babies like to get us prepared i think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats Tinkerbell: that's great :D another girl... the poor July boys won't know what hit them in oh about 15 years time!!!!

Dunnes have some gorgeous newborn baby girl clothes at the moment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Congrats tink!

• Advertisement

Congrats tink!! Welcome to the pink club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Congrats Tink! Geez the girls are really taking over the July thread!!

Girls I got a €50 all 4 one voucher from my mom for my bday and I spent it all on maternity clothes, got a pair of jeans, a pair of black kinda linen pants and a work pants.
    So depressing spending that beautiful money on maternity clothes. I really should have spent it on something else.

We still have loads of vouchers from our wedding. Have €200 all4one voucher so might put that towards a cot in mothercare.

Had my scan today....its a girl!!!

I think i have a stubborn one on my hands kept turning away from scan and blocking her face with her hands.... at least i can go do lots of shopping now:)
    I'm delighted!!!:D:D

Congrats...the July boys will be spoilt for choice in a few years time!
    silly wrote: »
    Congrats Tink! Geez the girls are really taking over the July thread!!

Girls I got a €50 all 4 one voucher from my mom for my bday and I spent it all on maternity clothes, got a pair of jeans, a pair of black kinda linen pants and a work pants.
    So depressing spending that beautiful money on maternity clothes. I really should have spent it on something else.

We still have loads of vouchers from our wedding. Have €200 all4one voucher so might put that towards a cot in mothercare.

I know what you mean. I cld do with another few bits, especially t-shirts or tops, but I just can't bring my head round to spending money I don't have on stuff I'm only going to wear for a few months! OH's mam gave me a top and a dress instead of an easter egg, delighted I have something new to wear out tonight :)

My brother is after offering us loads of stuff...mamas and papas cot bed with the changing unit on top, car seat, some kind of baby swing/bouncer. He's an "only the best" type person, and buys top of the range in everything for his son. So even though the stuff is five years old, it's only been used for the one baby.
    We're delighted, but puts us in a bit of a predicament with OH's parents because they had initially planned on buying us the pram, but hadn't told us and we bought one. So we had agreed they would buy the cot, but no point spending money when I can use that one.
    Dreading tell them, especially his mother because she is so easily offended. Even before I got pregnant, she would say if we ever had kids she would never see them because they wld be in my mum's house all the time. Everything is a competition with her.
    We'll have to pick the right time to tell her!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Bank Holiday Weekend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Congrats Tink!! Girls really are overtaking!

silly wrote: »

Why not put it towards a short break for you and husband either before or after baby gets here? Especially when it was a wedding present ;) a babymoon haha! This is the cot I'm getting it's cheaper in Cork than anywhere http://www.babynursery.ie/product_info.php?cPath=5_73&products_id=400

Kildareash is there anything else she could get ye: maybe a video baby monitor/moses basket at least that way she might be a bit less offended... although god sometimes you'd like to shake a bit of sense into them: it's not something to be offended by!!

My mil told me today i'd be better to have a section because having a baby naturally destroys you... just what i needed to hear :rolleyes:

And WAHOO I'm in the third trimester.... :):):):):) considering I didn't think I'd make it through the first trimester I am just so excited!!!!!!!!

Also did someone say some flavour of rennies were nicer than others? I have never taken them before and they're making me gag: I've tried spearmint and peppermint...

Also thank god only 13 weeks left: between nausea,vomiting, reflux, heartburn, indigestion, severe dry mouth, low blood pressure etc etc I am well and truely delighted to be nearly there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kildareash take all the free (in good condition) stuff you can...it's an expensive time as it is!
    With regards your in/out laws, can they not pay for/towards the buggy? My parents are "buying" our carseat but we are picking & getting it :) it is a tough situation to be in but you bought the buggy before they mentioned it & are you meant to turn down a free cot just so they can spend money :) they could get you a collection of things....monitor, playmat, bouncer or a moses basket/crib for before they fit in the cot :)

Tink congrats on adding another little girl to the group :)

Cyning you must be delighted to be in the third trimester especially after getting the injection to develop your babies lungs some weeks ago :) its been a roller coaster for you but the arrival of your baby will make it all worthwhile :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Cyning you must be delighted to be in the third trimester especially after getting the injection to develop your babies lungs some weeks ago :) its been a roller coaster for you but the arrival of your baby will make it all worthwhile :)

You have no idea of the relief :D my babs is a fighter!

The fruit flavoured Rennies are grand. Better than the chalky gaviscon ones anyway!

Thanks for the suggestions re his mother, but honestly she's some piece of work. Twomums, that's exactly my attitude...and this cot cost €600-€700, no offence but they Cldnt afford to spend that on one, and I wld have been very happy with whatever they buy.
    There's a million and one things they can buy us, but it'll be this whole my family/their family kinda thing.
    God only knows what it's going to be like when baby comes along.

Congrats on your little lady tinkerbell!!
    Girls everywhere wow!!

• Advertisement

Kildareash there is only so much you can do. From what you have said they seem to already have an issue with regards the families so I certainly wouldn't let it stress you but I understand why it will :)
    Sounds like they may not realise how expensive baby stuff is these days & that some of the smaller stuff might suit their budget (the angelcare monitor, for instance, bought local would be around €100) - there are plenty of essentials which all add up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Wow my little fella really is going to be spoilt for choice when he comes of age!

I'm so frustrated with weekend sleeping. During the weekdays I get up at about 7 and it's a struggle no matter how early I go to bed, always tired. So Fri night I go to bed maybe a little later than weekdays and wide awake at 7.30, up by 8! One the one hand I got lots done but on the other I just don't feel well slept. Same with this morning, woke up early again, actually started crying with frustration! I'm supposed to be stockpiling sleep!

Cleared out the wardrobe that's going to be just for baby's stuff and then put all his stuff in there all neatly. I can't stop opening and closing it and smiling at the contents, who knew a wardrobe would make me so happy!

I started getting really dry flaky skin on my face, feels like I have a scaly mask on. Went into health shop, to get the tissue salts recommended by my midwife, and asked girl in there about it and she said Omega 3. She said baby's probably using all mine up as his brain is developing so fast and it uses loads of that. Makes sense as I never get skin like this. So going to be eating lots of oily fish to get around this.

Also started taking more calcium & magnesium supplements to battle charlie horses (cramps) in my calves at night. Baby's bones at moment are mainly cartilage and are starting to ossify (become bone) this week so he's soaking all my calcium again, hence the cramps.

mink i had the exact same thing with my face, i find bio oil brilliant for it. put it on after shower and before bed and my skin is great now!
    stayed in bed till eleven this morning, im not sleeping well at all, even though i have all the pregnancy pillows and a good mattress i just wake up feeling pressure and achey everywhere!
    oh bought me a lindt Easter egg, in white chocolate, he could not be more sexy right now!

Cyning its so weird you saying its almost time now,

i know its different for you with all you.ve been through but god i can't believe how fast its gone!

What's really hitting me is IF endocrinologist is right I'm going to have a baby in about 8 weeks time: although they are trying to stop that obviously: 8 weeks :eek: 13 weeks left is nearly there though!!

I really have felt the hours days and weeks (and sometimes minutes!) going too though!

I got a dreamgenii: I lasted two days with it I hated it... I borrowed it off a friend though so at least I didn't spend money on it! The most comfortable I've gotten lately is with a dressing gown and cheap penneys blanket rolled up inside two pillowcases: much softer and more flexible :D

Mink I'm using the Mychelle grapefruit moisturiser for all the dry spots on my face: miracle cream!

Cyning- its great your in your third trimester congrats!!! I'm sure it a relief for you the closer you get not only because you've been so sick but also the longer babs stays there the better...:):)

Looking forward to baby show next week!!
    My skins really bad too, but its also red and sensitive have been using bio oil occasionally but think ill try it more often now thanks java!!
    Cyning did you get the Mychelle cream from the chemist ill try anything now its very annoying...:rolleyes:

Tinkerbell some health food shops have the Mychelle stuff but I get it online from here http://www.skinassure.com/browser.php?filter=function&value=MyChelle_Dermaceuticals since my local healthfood shop stopped stocking it!!

Happy Easter all :)
    If anyone has picked up the eu mum box from centra/Supervalu can you let me know if there is a voucher for babyscan in the box?
    I tried to collect it today but both places had none in stock :(
    I want to book a 3D scan ASAP :)

I don't think there I one in it,I'm not 100% sure but I got the pack in '11 and there was none in it.id love to go for another 3d scan now that she's a bit bigger

• Advertisement

I don't think there I one in it,I'm not 100% sure but I got the pack in '11 and there was none in it.id love to go for another 3d scan now that she's a bit bigger

Thanks Tinkerbell :)
    Has anyone had a scan in blackrock at ultrasound demensions that has aviva discount? Trying to work out whether babyscan will be cheaper as I'm originally from swords so no tolls etc. to get across to blackrock...it will certainly be more convenient :)

Advertisement