Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

so the rocky road, it turned out ok. it's grand, but the chocolate I used could've been better. it's very heavy, and it's kinda giving me heartburn. :o kya will be the second judge on this tomorrow evening, so she'll give her verdict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

so the rocky road, it turned out ok. it's grand, but the chocolate I used could've been better. it's very heavy, and it's kinda giving me heartburn. :o kya will be the second judge on this tomorrow evening, so she'll give her verdict.

Yea and our drunken cake sale will be a winner:D:D:pac:

I can't see us being ideal people to buy cake from,at that time of night,drunk,in a quiet housing estate.they'd probably expect it to be spiked with something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Beer tonight and beer tomorrow night.I like beer.
    Vino ftw. Drunken on Soave I be :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ah well, you'll know for next time so!

• Advertisement

Ah well, you'll know for next time so!

woke up with heartburn too :o i'm scared to eat any more!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

woke up with heartburn too :o i'm scared to eat any more!

Ah, get that a bit meself, always keep a packet of rennies around. :D

Ah, get that a bit meself, always keep a packet of rennies around. :D

I rarely do, last time I did was two years ago, so have nothing. it's easing off now anyway.

how was the film?

I rarely do, last time I did was two years ago, so have nothing. it's easing off now anyway.

how was the film?

There was a lot of kicking ass, so I'm happy enough with that. :cool:

sounds entertaining :)

anything planned for today?

I must get myself up and out.

• Advertisement

sounds entertaining :)

one was entertained :)
    anything planned for today?

A bit of cleaning up, then off to get meat and beers then. Have a few mates coming over later for a session. Lots of drinking, bit of gaming and general piss taking.

hmmm.... maybe some cigars too... haven't had any since August.
    I must get myself up and out.

Anything planned for yourself?

one was entertained :)

A bit of cleaning up, then off to get meat and beers then. Have a few mates coming over later for a session. Lots of drinking, bit of gaming and general piss taking.

hmmm.... maybe some cigars too... haven't had any since August.

Anything planned for yourself?

cool, haha beers and meat, typical you! :)

i've nothing planned for the day, must do my weekly attempt at buying stuff, and then heading to kyas tonight for a sleepover with drinkies and cake :D

cool, haha beers and meat, typical you! :)

:cool:
    i've nothing planned for the day, must do my weekly attempt at buying stuff, and then heading to kyas tonight for a sleepover with drinkies and cake :D

Quite typical yerserselves there too :P

I've yer bringing the rocky road along, I recommend ya grab some rennies too. Gavascon is shíte.

:cool:

Quite typical yerserselves there too :P

I've yer bringing the rocky road along, I recommend ya grab some rennies too. Gavascon is shíte.

:D might do, if I think of it while i'm in town.

You... live in town!

You... live in town!

yeah well you know what I mean! it'll take me 10 minutes to get there, i've to get dressed etc first, and you know how bad my memory is, so I could very well forget.

I've never once seen you forget to get dressed! ;P

I've never once seen you forget to get dressed! ;P

that is true, I haven't.

so it's selective memory loss :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

TP, I understand your pain of going away, I used to work in hotels in a couple of business districts abroad. English speaking regular guests used to get on well with me because I knew the stuff they needed to know, simple stuff like where's good to watch the premier league or GAA, a decent kebab etc... or sometimes just to have a chat. Working abroad could be funny, a lot of people told me I spoke excellent English, one women from Cork asked me if I learned to speak English in Ireland but it was clear I wasn't Irish, I told her I did, she asked how long I was in Ireland, I told her 19 years (I was 21 at the time), she had no reaction.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

hmmm.. and where was she from?

Ahh the only plans I have for my time over there is to visit the Xmas market. Always a buzz around them. Was in the Xmas market in Vienna and Bratislava last year and was class.

Everyone always up for a chat and laugh espcially around the beer tents ;)

So hows everyone today? Hows the turd in a tin tasting SUN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Morning all :) my fecking laptop is dying :(:( Any suggestions on a replacement??

Pembily wrote: »
    Morning all :) my fecking laptop is dying :(:( Any suggestions on a replacement??

How long have you had it?

I've had mine for 4 years now and not a bother at all.

Nearly 4 years! My budget is 400! I use it for tv mostly... Gah why now :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

whats happening with it?

Tried using something like CCleaner to clear out dodgey registry and old temp files?

The video keeps stalling, the picture is frozen but the sound keeps going normally! I can't do anything but press TGC off button and restart it. The battery is gone totally and it decided to not turn or charge Tuesday.

Yup and defraged et al!

The video keeps stalling, the picture is frozen but the sound keeps going normally! I can't do anything but press TGC off button and restart it. The battery is gone totally and it decided to not turn or charge Tuesday.

Batteries do have a fairly short shelf life so I wouldnt worry too much about that. Try connecting the laptop to a monitor and see if the video freezes on the screen its connected to.

Will help narrow it down a little. What make/model is it?

I don't have a monitor to check it out. Its an acer 5920!

• Advertisement

ahh ok, one other thing to check is if the internal fan is running and making sure that the vent for it is not blocked as overheating sometimes causes this.

Try running it on a flat surface like a wooden table or a worktop with no cloth or anything underneath it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement