Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cannabis should be legalized in Ireland To pull Our country out of ression

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭weedfreedomtinp

I dont know if it counts from across the internet, but consider me the first! I also find it hard to believe that you haven't come across such a person before.

In alot of cases, that is true. However, there is much to be said with regard to several studies which have correlated cannabis use to be correlated with the development of anxiety, psychosis, and depression. I'm well aware of the fact that the causal mechanism hasnt been proven, but I really do not think that it is wise to legalise such a substance until research on this topic has been exhausted.

lets be honest they legalize a lot worse drugs than cannabis ,, have they ever done long term research affects on methadone ,, but yet its legal ...

and many more drugs are the same .. people just dont understand ,, that pharmaceutical company's are behind this prohibition

because you cant put a copyright on plants but you can on drugs invented by these companys..

ive said enough look at the videos in the listings then you will see proof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

but I really do not think that it is wise to legalise such a substance until research on this topic has been exhausted.
    It's also setting the bar of entry artificially high for cannabis compared to other products.
    Take for example health supplements. In the US a person or company can produce and sell their own supplements and the onus on the FDA to prove any side effects to bar their sale.
    Which is exactly the opposite position some people are proposing about cannabis.
    Good documentary called "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/Jun/27/documentary-about-steroids-is-eye-opener/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭weedfreedomtinp

as above

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 bblueblood

I wonder has anyone calculated how much it would be worth to the economy if cannabis was legalised, also take into account other crimes which could be prevented if the cops didn't put so much effort into catching cannabis smugglers & dealers saving millions, having to deal with the whole side effects of an illegal industry ie gang wars etc, take into account the fact that if we had 'coffee shops' a lot less people would get polluted on alcohol thus freeing up our hospitals and emergency services saving millions, take the criminal element out of smoking pot and people could use cleaner and healthier pot and wont get the chance of being 'introduced' to other harder drugs thus saving millions on sending people to prision and clinics etc, it would bring in millions in tourism as believe it or not some good people actually prefer a spliff instead of a pint, alot of millions there, not to mention the tax this would provide, it's a no brainer really.
    Why should we not be allowed cannabis, its almost harmless and its our own bodies, stoned people are usually harmless too.
    Why is cannabis illegal and alcohol not illegal?
    Why are the powers that be so hypocritical and ignorant?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I would say it's because of power and money.
    As a naturally occurring herb it can't be patented and it's power owned.
    So the best thing is it to make it illegal.

Silly if you ask me. Could be making loads of cash from it. California worked out that it would make a huge difference to their coffers.

http://californiacannabisinitiative.org/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

I think it's only a matter of time before it's legalised, it just makes too much sense.

Personally I'd be in favour of legalising all drugs for the sole purpose of cutting the main revenue source of organised crime in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sold wrote: »
    I went to a Cafe in Amsterdam some years ago, so see how they managed legal cannabis.
    Cannabis is illegal in Holland, and this is not a pedantic point it is critical to this discussion of how it would make a country money. Cannabis is tolerated and decriminalised in holland, but they are not getting direct tax from the sale of it. Therefore most coffeeshops are inherently likely to be "dodgy places".
    I sat down in the cafe and accross from me was an English guy who was already stoned. He said if I wanted something stronger than weed that he had contacts. Maybe cannabis does not kill, but its part of a whole industry of drugs and pulls people down.
    You could find many dodgy pubs in town where you could meet similar strangers making similar offers. Most people do not take them up on their offer, many cannabis users despise the fact they have to deal with the criminal underworld and do not like being offered other drugs, many cannabis dealers are strictly solely cannabis dealers for this very reason.
    Smoking three cannabis joints a day causes the same damage as 20 cigarettes because people tend to inhale the smoke for longer to gain the maximum "hit".
    Only ignorant idiots would do this, Darwinism at its best, good luck to them. Anybody with a clue knows holding in smoke for longer makes no difference, it does with tobacco though, THC is absorbed almost instantaneously on the lung walls, so there is no point holding it in. Also saying "3 joints a day", is ambiguous, that could be equivalent to 3 bottles of vodka. With high grade hashish a pinhead amount can get you pretty messed up, and it can be vapourised. You can also eat cannabis. Smoking of course is harmful, smoking any dried plant matter cannot be doing you any favours.
    Why submit healthy human beings to the effects of a drug? (even possible effects?). The profit agenda behind the legalisations of Cannabis will only lead to increased spendature on health services.
    They are already doing it, and only the dealers are making money, people will take it legal or not. There are massive savings to be had, even just decriminalisation would free up the millions spent on enforcing the law and housing cannabis prisoners etc
    DarkJager wrote: »
    There's a list somewhere which orders substances such as Alcohol and narcotics by their level of harm. Believe it or not, cannabis doesn't even make the top 10 but alcohol and tobacco do (places 2 and 3 I think). If I can find it I'll post it here.
    That was probably the Lancet medical journal
    Research published in the medical journal The Lancet rates the most dangerous drugs (starting with the worst) as follows:
    1. Heroin
    2. Cocaine
    3. Barbiturates
    4. Street methadone
    5. Alcohol
    6. Ketamine
    7. Benzodiazepines
    8. Amphetamine
    9. Tobacco
    10. Buprenorphine
    11. Cannabis
    12. Solvents
    13. 4-MTA
    14. LSD
    15. Methylphenidate
    16. Anabolic steroids
    17. GHB
    18. Ecstasy
    19. Alkyl nitrates
    20. Khat
    Horizon Documentary on it here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6108672696241807159&ei=kcFkStTmIJWj-AbOpvC0CQ&q#
    You will find equal information on paracetamol if you google it but both are reconised medically by doctors and domestically as being suitable in the fighting of pain.
    You will see many doctors recognising cannabis as suitable in pain relief. You would also find doctors saying paracetamol would be a prescription only drug if discovered today, if allowed on sale at all.
    kleefarr wrote: »
    I would say it's because of power and money.
    As a naturally occurring herb it can't be patented and it's power owned.
    So the best thing is it to make it illegal.
    So why is tobacco not illegal using the same logic? It cannot be "patented".

I can only see cannabis being legalised here after being legalised throughout the EU or the US first. Many countries and politicians are scared to make a stand, or be the first, many would probably like to follow in others footsteps (like they do with most drugs), it is easier to explain to citizens that you are just following the lead of others, and that it would be harder to control etc. Most countries drug laws are similar enough.

There are some movements in the US already, California have made a few proposals. You also have police in support Law Enforcement against Prohibition

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

I don't buy into the pharma theory (in ireland today).

Lets be honest, its plain and simple, our politicians always have been and always will be scared sh*tless of the bishops:

Dr Noel Brown Mother & Child Scheme
    The Magdelene Sisters & Boy's 'School's - no/minimal sentencing
    Divorce Referenda
    Abortion Referenda

And here's the nub, its not because they're good Catholics, its becuase the Church own a significant portion (if not majority) of primary schools and hospitals in Ireland.

I dream of being able to buy good, legal weed in a shop, but i'm a pragmatist.

Maybe in 2050

• Registered Users Posts: 81,622 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

California has been effectively legal for years.

They are also quite bankrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Overheal wrote: »
    California has been effectively legal for years.

You mean that California was illegal before that?

Pass the doob, dude, that's waaaay out!

• Advertisement

I mean theyve actually been able to tax it for the last number of years. Its done little to stave off California's deficit issues. They are still effectively bankrupt. Too much spending on pet projects like 2 sets of books for every child - which if I heard about this correctly, means every kid has 2 copies of the same book so they dont have to carry them back and forth from school. :rolleyes: Its not like every 3rd mother in cali doesnt have an SUV for their little darling but anyway ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭D.U.M.B

Prohibition is a failure. Lets take the money out of criminal hands, lets stop kids getting easier access to cannabis and lets cut expenditure on enforcing prohibition.

Lets create jobs and income via cannabis and hemp.

Any problems you think that might arise from ending prohibition are already issues and surprisingly ending prohibition will help.

you realise legalisation will only make it easier for kids to get their hands on cannabis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

you realise legalisation will only make it easier for kids to get their hands on cannabis?

Really? How so? Are you suggesting dealers are more likely to look for ID than shop keepers?

Any Kid who wants to get their hands on cannabis in Ireland can, legalisation simply means you're reducing the chance that teenagers will come in contact with people associated with organised crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭D.U.M.B

Souljacker wrote: »
    Really? How so? Are you suggesting dealers are more likely to look for ID than shop keepers?

Any Kid who wants to get their hands on cannabis in Ireland can, legalisation simply means you're reducing the chance that teenagers will come in contact with people associated with organised crime.

Great point

having more younger people smoking is often a worry (obviously) and a prohibitionist's view and thus way of keeping it outlawed but look at the Netherlands and other places with more relaxed laws on cannabis, their rates of younger people smoking are much lower than places like Ireland, USA etc.

When it's prohibited it means its sold to anyone because dealers don't care its all about the money and there's also the rebel feeling among young teens thinking its cool to do cause its illegal.

When your brought up around it walking down the street and seeing a place selling cannabis would feel as normal as seeing a shop. But when your brought up and told not to touch it and hear other ****e about it then some people might be more intrigued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Tobacco kills 750.000 per year

Alcohol kills 400.000 per year

coffee kills 4.500 per year

aspirin kills 7.500 per year

Cannabis Kills 0 what you say 0 dont believe me look in google videos for a video called

THE UNION , THE BUSINESS BEHIND CANNABIS ,,,

Its all in it ,,

from professors from Harvard uni and many more top Law official's

THE UNION , THE BUSINESS BEHIND CANNABIS ,,,

when you see the video please comment on this truly
    do we have troops in ression?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It should be the case that we need a reason to make something illegal, not the other way around. I can't see a single reason why we shouldn't legalise canabis when we've got tobacco and alcohol on sale every fifty feet in any town and city in the country.

Hell, I'd legalise all drugs and have a state-controlled company to produce them. Make available the best current medical advice in relation to each substance, then tax it suitably. It really isn't any of my business if someone wants to ingest something into their bodies as long as they don't cause me or anyone else any harm in doing so.

Increased freedom for citizens and the massive benefit of instantly removing the vast majority of funding for organised crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Moriarty wrote: »
    It should be the case that we need a reason to make something illegal, not the other way around. I can't see a single reason why we shouldn't legalise canabis when we've got tobacco and alcohol on sale every fifty feet in any town and city in the country.

Hell, I'd legalise all drugs and have a state-controlled company to produce them. Make available the best current medical advice in relation to each substance, then tax it suitably. It really isn't any of my business if someone wants to ingest something into their bodies as long as they don't cause me or anyone else any harm in doing so.

Increased freedom for citizens and the massive benefit of instantly removing the vast majority of funding for organised crime.

Yes, and it seems that every single poster cant work out why the drug is still illegal. Its simple, you can promise all the change you want in your campaign but in the end, you, as a politician - will just end up spouting the same rhetoric as the last whore. All because you don't want to seem to be going against the grain.

Just look at Obama, theres a clever chap, so clever and intelligent in fact, that he has a writer write his speeches, the same as every other mook in a suit in the Oval Office. I'm sure he realizes the hypocrisy of it being illegal. But he keeps his mouth shut like every other good boy, hell he probably doesn't even have much input on the policies of his administration!

It doesn't benefit the politician to engage in the drug legislation debate. And it would probably seem like an uphill journey for our politician! People still believe it is dangerous, let them off.

When enough propaganda and ignorance is beat into people this is the result.
    And WE are responsible for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Yes, and it seems that every single poster cant work out why the drug is still illegal. Its simple, you can promise all the change you want in your campaign but in the end, you, as a politician - will just end up spouting the same rhetoric as the last whore. All because you don't want to seem to be going against the grain.

It's blatantly obvious why it's still illegal - I don't think anyone is under any illusions in that respect.
    Just look at Obama, theres a clever chap, so clever and intelligent in fact, that he has a writer write his speeches, the same as every other mook in a suit in the Oval Office. I'm sure he realizes the hypocrisy of it being illegal. But he keeps his mouth shut like every other good boy, hell he probably doesn't even have much input on the policies of his administration!

.. lol.. wow...
    It doesn't benefit the politician to engage in the drug legislation debate. And it would probably seem like an uphill journey for our politician! People still believe it is dangerous, let them off.

When enough propaganda and ignorance is beat into people this is the result.
    And WE are responsible for it.

Indeed. The only way that will change however is for people to voice calm and reasoned arguements for it to be otherwise. Eventually it will no longer be a politically taboo subject, in the same manner as any other number of once off-limits 'social issues'.

It's blatantly obvious why it's still illegal - I don't think anyone is under any illusions in that respect.
    Is it? (maybe for a minority it is, but for the majority, like a political party, it remains a gray area)
    .. lol.. wow...
    Wut? Please elaborate. lol @ my ramblings?
    http://reason.com/archives/2008/02/04/barack-obama-on-weed
    At the same time, no major party presidential nominee has advocated decriminalization (much less legalization) since Jimmy Carter did so in 1976. It would be considered political suicide.
    Indeed. The only way that will change however is for people to voice calm and reasoned arguements for it to be otherwise. Eventually it will no longer be a politically taboo subject, in the same manner as any other number of once off-limits 'social issues'.
    I don't know, I remain unenthusiastic about that prospect. There have been a lot of previous generations that have smoked weed and gotten into power. Theres still the same ignorance and misinformation.

Maybe they believe it sets a trend for legislation across the board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭howyanow

I went to a Cafe in Amsterdam some years ago, so see how they managed legal cannabis. I sat down in the cafe and accross from me was an English guy who was already stoned. He said if I wanted something stronger than weed that he had contacts. Maybe cannabis does not kill, but its part of a whole industry of drugs and pulls people down. Smoking three cannabis joints a day causes the same damage as 20 cigarettes because people tend to inhale the smoke for longer to gain the maximum "hit".

Anyway the Guy i saw high on cannabis was very edgy and anxious, borderline histerical. I think it was a good lesson for me as I did not try any in the cafe. at the back the cafe there was Adult Video rooms.

A lot of people who turn to drugs are depressed and use cannabis pushes people deeper into depression.

Why submit healthy human beings to the effects of a drug? (even possible effects?). The profit agenda behind the legalisations of Cannabis will only lead to increased spendature on health services.

used to tkink it should be legalised however after becoming addicted to it and needing to smoke 3 joints every evening for the best part of two years has left me with depression and an anxiety that i cant seem to understand or shake off,its more dangerous than sum people think,alcohol is bad enough for causing social and family problems so we dont need to have another substance to add to that,i agree that it may help our gang related crime but people will get it whether it legal or not.tough one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

howyanow wrote: »
    used to tkink it should be legalised however after becoming addicted to it and needing to smoke 3 joints every evening for the best part of two years has left me with depression and an anxiety that i cant seem to understand or shake off,its more dangerous than sum people think,alcohol is bad enough for causing social and family problems so we dont need to have another substance to add to that,i agree that it may help our gang related crime but people will get it whether it legal or not.tough one

I don't think it is tough since people will get it either way just legalise. No point in giving criminal records to people that smoke the stuff.

If people are addicted to it then they should stop or seek help, again it will be easier for people to seek help if legalised since they can come forward without admitting they have broken the law.

thebman wrote: »
    If people are addicted to it then they should stop or seek help
    http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/addiction.htm
    Many users compare their daily cannabis habit with dependency on caffeine.
    used to tkink it should be legalised however after becoming addicted to it and needing to smoke 3 joints every evening for the best part of two years has left me with depression and an anxiety that i cant seem to understand or shake off,
    I know this is going to come across as really insensitive but there might just be other circumstances you are not factoring in there. Why did you need to smoke those joints every day?

It has been postulated by various scientists that people with a predisposition to mental disabilities will be at a higher risk of developing these ailments under heavy Cannibis use.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭catching_streams

I fundamentally agree with this post, however effecting an attitude change in Ireland would be incredibly difficult. We have been conditioned for such a long period of time with the message that Cannabis is quite dangerous and harmful, to bring about wide-scale attitude changes and convince people that the pros outweigh the cons here would be a monumental task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

i dont smoke me self just watched a few videos and just came back from amsterdam ,, there is no Recession in that place and they recon it will be the last 1 to fall ,, u should see the amount of stuff going on plus the billions of euros it brings in from just tourism alone ,,, see none of you fellas never watched the video i was talking about
    Alcohol kills 400,000 world wide. And there are laws now in place to curb the sale of alcohol and tobacco here.
    Seriously OP how can you link Cannabis with our recession?

Souljacker wrote: »
    Thats a ridiculous analogy. You do the math when you increase the number of places timmy can get a dimebag from 5 of his "friends" to 5 of his friends and 50 corner stores.
    By how much? Kids will still be meeting up in back alleys to smoke pot and tobacco and douchebags will still approach them with baggies of E.

Have you learned nothing? You need less government monopoly. Do you think the money is going to go into cancer research or the TDs pocket?

Not to mention how intelligent it is to universally enrage organized crime. I direct your attention at Mexico 2009.

For the terminally ill etc. its a great idea but you're kidding yourself if recreational use won't go up and that crime rates will go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Not to mention how intelligent it is to universally enrage organized crime. I direct your attention at Mexico 2009.

Given the choice between deliberately funding organized crime by a guaranteeing a criminal monopoly, and cutting their revenue, I know which way I jump. The argument here seems to be that it will annoy criminal cartels not to be running the drugs, therefore we should do as they say...
    For the terminally ill etc. its a great idea but you're kidding yourself if recreational use won't go up and that crime rates will go down.

Reference needed. What's pretty much absent is evidence-based argument for prohibition; are Portugal 'kidding themselves'? Was the post-war British model on heroin, with its consistently-declining addiction rates of addicts 'kidding itself'? Criminalization has had a long run of near-monopoly on policy, and has failed in its supposed goals. Its long time to try different approaches, on a temporary and localized basis, on the purely pragmatic basis of seeing what actually works. Policy homogenity conveniently prevents this.

The argument here seems to be that it will annoy criminal cartels not to be running the drugs, therefore we should do as they say...
    The argument here, is the dumbfounded notion that a government controlled monopoly is a swell idea, is not so swell. Open the field to private enterprise and watch would be criminals open legitimate doors and stores if youre going to legalize it at all.
    Reference needed
    Indeed. If you want to refute my supposition I direct you to the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

jesus christ, the arguments against are appalling.

weed is dangerous and will kill you - nope. just nope. lets go to A&E this weekend and count how many people are there because they drank too many pints of cannabis...

weed causes you to become psychotic - dubious at absolute best, those most likely to be affected are those with predispositions to mental illness in the first place. alcohol is a major depressant, and if we're honest, is the root of the majority of ireland's ills, i've never heard of a cannabis-fuelled assault, never heard of a husband smoking one joint too many and beating his wife.

the criminals will just do worse things - well, we'll just have to go ahead and spend some of that wonderful hash VAT on some guns for the gardaí and on implementing extremely tough sentences for the bastards. there's no reason the rest of the population should be denied the opportunity to enjoy a natural substance because it might pee off the scumbag gangs.

everybody will end up being stoned all the time because cannabis will be freely available - bzzzzzz, wrong again. alcohol is freely available, and although it does turn a huge number of people into cunts, society as a whole manages to rise above this and people still manage to get to work every day.

A major reason I think it isn't being legalised or even tolerated in this country is because of our government's affinity for the vintners - because i could tell you for damn sure if somebody could stay at home for a smoke and a few take-out beers with their friends, the only people to suffer would be those poxes with the cheek to charge 5 and 6 euro for a pint of piss.

it won't be until our grannies are dead, and people currently in their mid-twenties are the same age as the fcuks in the dail, but it's eventually going to be made legal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

used to tkink it should be legalised however after becoming addicted to it and needing to smoke 3 joints every evening for the best part of two years has left me with depression and an anxiety that i cant seem to understand or shake off,
    What were you smoking,
    A- cannabis -which I do not consider addictive in the medical sense.
    B "Irish joints", i.e. cannabis mixed with tobacco -which I consider one of the most addictive drugs going.

Nicotine is recognized by most medical texts as THE most addictive drug known to man, more addictive than crack, methamphetamine, or heroin. That is the % of users who end up addicted, it is not a measure of the harm caused or how hard it is to kick the habit.

It is incredible how ignorant some people are about this fact, it is like the simpsons episode where Mr Burns was undercover pretending to be a hippie, and at the end when he revealed himself and proclaimed "all this time I've been smoking harmless tobacco". I imagine that went straight over the heads of many people. It is bizarre how accepted it is and how people consider the cannabis to be the bad & addictive substance in a "joint" containing the most addictive substance known. It would be like an alcoholic saying he got badly addicted to 7up, lost his job etc to 7up, sure he always mixed it with vodka, but thats irrelevant!
    alcohol is bad enough for causing social and family problems so we dont need to have another substance to add to that,
    I think we certainly do need alternative substances for people to have an outlet for their desire to experience altered states of conciousness. Some people have a very strong desire to experience altered states, just like some have large appetites and become obese, or have high sex drives. Some do not and cannot understand this desire. The problem is legally there are very few socially acceptable outlets, so many drink, when they would be better off if they grew up in an environment where alcohol and cannabis were both legal, and had the exact same stigma/acceptance.

This is a problem if it did get legalized, it would still have a stigma, since mammy, the garda, and the local priest all drink to excess, but it is still hedonistic degenerates who smoke/eat threshold amounts of cannabis.

It would be like mcdonalds trying to introduce a lower fat burger, and people going "NOOO, the big macs are bad enough, we don't want them eating more stuff on the menu", it is an alternative, it is not like people will eat the new "safer" burger along with the bad one. Just like if people are smoking AND drinking they tend to drink a lot less, or just smoke instead.
    Seriously OP how can you link Cannabis with our recession?
    I presume taxation and freeing up massive amounts of taxpayers money used to police "cannabis criminals",
    I am not sure of the amount of crime related to simple cannabis possesion, that would be gone, prisons freed up. I am sure the criminals will turn to other things, some illegal some not. Many illegal things are not that profitable so there is only so much room in the market and then criminals might have to turn to more profitable "jobs", which can be legal. I have known a few dealers over the years, some big, some small, some utter scumbags, some not. I remember one of the scumbags was a pretty big dealer, well known in the area, and he was saving up to become a milkman! I was shocked at this, him and his other mates were all discussing it as being a great business, they had all the figures, how they would buy and area from a retiring milkman and get a float etc.

They were just dealing for money, not for a gangster image or anything, if something was more profitable they would move on. Most of them solely dealt cannabis too, knowing the gardai would not be out to get them as much. They saw it as a job, and it did take up a lot of their time, some dropped out to have legitimate jobs, saying there was just not enough money.

I think recreational use would go up if legalised, and I also think alcohol consumption would go down. Smoking slows down most smokers I know, and I see the same in amsterdam.

Advertisement