Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone work with someone like this?

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

javaboy wrote: »
    He started college at a very young age in fairness. Maybe he feels conscious of that and feels he has to impress you.
    Its not just me, its everyone, the lecturers, the janitor, the canteen ladys lol...

Feel Bad, must apologise tomorrow, damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Kold wrote: »
    Punch her in the head.

That's your solution to everything, isn't it? ;)

Husband seeing someone else...punch him in the head.
    Bloody recession... punch it in the head.
    Diagnosed with cancer...punch it in the head.
    :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

She is probably only that annoying because she is from Cork in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

have you tryed the STFU you annoying p.o.$ approach ??

offends many but if thats whats needed...

either that you when ever see talks to you with a question just Yore ma...

she'll hate you quickly so shes avoid you.

Im a feckin genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Berty wrote: »
    Contract a touch of turrets whenever she is about and she wont ever come near you or talk to you again.

Ha, Ha, you're funny when trying to be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My sympathies OP, cos she used to work with me. I'd wondered where she went to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

UpCork wrote: »
    There is a girl I work with. Grant it, we only have meet each others acquaintance at lunch time, but God, she's a right pain in the backside. At the start, I just thought it was me, but it isn't. I've slowly come to realise that others feel exactly the same away about her too.

Firstly, she thinks she's brilliant. We have to hear every minuate of her daily life. I actually know more about her personal life than about those of my own family members.

She'll ask you a question & befoer you get a chance to answer it, she'll regale you with details of her own life.

If you look and say 'the sky is grey', she'll say 'it isn't, I see a hint of blue'. I'm over simplifying it, but what I'm saying is: she has to have the last word on everything.

If you say you hear that the government are cutting the wages of architects (again I'm simplifying ), she'll know an architect that's been affected; or a nurse; or a doctor; or a teacher.

We all just sit and nod and agree. Also, she can be quite cutting and saracastic. We've all come to the end of our rope.

Anyone else have the misfortune of having a colleague like this?

I'm actually at the stage where I'm willing lunch time to end, so I can get back to my desk.

Serves you right for being from Cork :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I'd say a lot of people know somebody like this and after reading this thread think to themselves: 'hell yea thats what I'm gonna do tell her to STFU, punch her in the head, your ma, whatever' whenever they start sh*te talking.

Expect some fireworks at work folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jolene_t

i work with one of these types too, she is a complete wreck the head and things everyone listens and agrees with her. i'm gonna end up screaming my head off one day at her to just shut the f uppppppppppp! my deepest empathies are with you upcork!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Ok for real solution you cannot punch her in the head you'll get fired and/or put in jail you cannot even be insulting to her as she might complain to HR. You can gently take the piss and point out where she is obviously exaggerating

The best solution I believe is where you carry on a conversation without really acknowledging her and keep it going no matter what but she might not even notice.

the Other alternative is to point out to her that she is being damned annoying and see if that works but if you are doing that you cannot be in anyway aggressive or cruel or she could call HR.

Remember to not let her bring out the worst in you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Knew a guy through social circles who claimed that his brother joined the SAS but to get through the selection process he had to stand in a ring of 10 SAS members and fight to the death. If he killed them all he was in. And he did !!! WTF !!! This storyteller was in his mid-20's at the time.

He also used to regal us with stories of his gold olympic medal winning uncles who never existed. Nice chap. This fella was completely normal except for these outlandish stories. Wtf is that about ? We used to all sit there nodding our heads sagely........He was either a world class wind up merchant or ted bundy bat**** crazy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

javaboy wrote: »
    He started college at a very young age in fairness. Maybe he feels conscious of that and feels he has to impress you.

I don't think the age can be blamed, sure he'd always have been around older people
    I never went around trying to impress like that

maybe he's just plain annoying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've never had the pleasure of having a Co Worker yet, but i have a friend who i sat beside in school and he used to yap on and on all the time, he wouldn't shut up. I even ate at KFC with him once and he kept talking all the time i wanted to stick the chicken down his throat. But i couldn't say anything because i didn't want to hurt his feeling.

As for your own problem OP, why can't you find somewhere else to eat outside, surely the place you work dosen't own the outside so you could find a bench or something to eat your lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I see the OP is a woman. Women complaining about other women behind their backs. It never ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

NoNose wrote: »
    I've got one guy in work that just constantly goes on about the kids and how great they are. First thing on a Monday morning I get the full play-by-play of what they did at the weekend. Where they played, who they played, how great his kid was etc etc. Mulitiply this by three.
    One plays soccer u8s. The other U12s. The other basketball.

Followed by in detail report of his Sunday on the golf course.
    Again this get told and retold as colleagues make the mistake of walking past his desk.

:mad::mad::mad:

NoNose - uncanny really
    we must be in the same office.... that person works with me toooooooooooooo !!!!

Advertisement