Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question about behaviour with clothes

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Ok, here's the deal. I recently met this girl, in a group situation, who had some nice breasts. She was wearing a t-shirt, with a sort of cardigan thing on as well. Now most of the time, when I've seen girls wearing this combination, they tend to pull the cardigan over their breasts all the time...as if to say, "Don't look at these!".

But the girl I met recently did not do this. She left her chest out there, and never once pulled her cardigan over. Is this a sign that she's showing them off? Is this a sign she wants my attention?

Would like some opinions. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Its a sign she was comfortable with what she was wearing.

Lets talk about you.

Do you feel its rude to stare? Why should you feel she deserved to be stared at just because of what she was wearing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

I wasn't 'staring', but I couldn't help noticing. It's definitely rude to stare really obviously.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It could simply be that she's comfortable with her body. Or that she's a bit warm and wants a bit of extra ventilation. Or that she's had a boob job and wants to show them off. Or any one of a million other reasons, but personally I wouldn't be reading too much into it either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

There's a bird in my office has the (droopy) bangers hanging out all the time. Little does she know she's a laughing stock.

Less is more. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

She may have had cold arms but her middle was fine.

Do you really think she was trying to send you a message through her cardigan?

• Advertisement

Fletch123 wrote: »
    She may have had cold arms but her middle was fine.

Do you really think she was trying to send you a message through her cardigan?

Well she did have a nice rack, maybe she was just showing off in general...

Some of those bolero style cardies aren't designed to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

You think she wants your attention, but the only hint she gave you is that she didn't close her cardigan/cross her arms and make it really obvious she was covering her breasts?

Just from reading your posts I'd say she didn't even rate you so she didn't feel threatened or inclined towards you.

not saying you have nothing going for you but different strokes.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

I have to make the point that as a female my mind would not work that way at all. I really think you are over analysing this girls actions or lack of actions. So she didn't fidget with her clothes, it might mean that she just isn't the fidgety type and is just comfortable with what she is wearing. In my experience, the only time I fidget with clothing is if I'm feeling uncomfortable with what I'm wearing.

I also can't understand how you were paying so much attention to her chest or to other female chests that you have noticed this type of fidgeting. I would think that looking a girl in the face, eye's above the neck line, would garner you more respect and a better chance with the girl in question!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Put a brown paper bag over your head, OP. The women can't help themselves, it would seem.

• Advertisement

Some good points made. I gotta say though, I wasn't really staring. This was a big house party situation, so I was able to see her from afar. From the moment I walked in the door, she was nice and friendly to me, which I instantly noticed, as most other women I meet become frosty with me as soon as I so much as make small talk about the weather.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I'm thinking the original post and your post above say more about you then girls habits with their clothing.
    How about assuming people aren't trying to send you messages with their clothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

nij wrote: »
    Some good points made. I gotta say though, I wasn't really staring. This was a big house party situation, so I was able to see her from afar. From the moment I walked in the door, she was nice and friendly to me, which I instantly noticed, as most other women I meet become frosty with me as soon as I so much as make small talk about the weather.

Maybe they start to notice you staring at their bewbs after a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

This is hilarious. The OP thinks that girls have some sort of secret code - just like semaphore, only with clothes.

"Cardigan not covering breasts" = "I want you to ogle my breasts"

I don't hook my cardigan around my bosoms. It would spoil the line of the cardigan and cover my nice top that I spent so much money on.

She wasn't showing off her breasts, OP. She was showing off her clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Star20

Or maybe her cardigan simply didnt reach across her big boobies... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

trio wrote: »
    This is hilarious. The OP thinks that girls have some sort of secret code - just like semaphore, only with clothes.

"Cardigan not covering breasts" = "I want you to ogle my breasts"

I don't hook my cardigan around my bosoms. It would spoil the line of the cardigan and cover my nice top that I spent so much money on.

She wasn't showing off her breasts, OP. She was showing off her clothes.

Unless she's blind and dead from the neck down, she'll be aware that she's been gifted with an ample set.
    Her choice in clothing will obviously look to take advantage of this in situations where she might potentially meet a nice young lad. Like in a social setting as described by the OP.
    Nobody has ever been instantly attracted to someones on the basis of their lovely cardigan, no matter how much people would like to believe we're all not that shallow.

She wants some to look, even fewer to touch. However OP, you're neither.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Jebus are women not allowed to just dress nicely for themselves? Every girl I know dresses to the benefit of her assets. It doesn't mean she wants people staring at her.

There have been days when I got nicely dressed up and never even left the house.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

. She left her chest out there, and never once pulled her cardigan over. Is this a sign that she's showing them off?
    Maybe. Or she just thought it looked nice that way.
    Is this a sign she wants my attention?
    Eh, no. Women generally know if they have nice tits but they dont use them as some kind of homing beacon for random men.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well, if she didnt close her cardy when you are obviously staring at her breasts, she is nothing but a brazen hussey and should be sent to the nunnery immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

irishbird wrote: »
    well, if she didnt close her cardy when you are obviously staring at her breasts, she is nothing but a brazen hussey and should be sent to the nunnery immediately

Lol, loved this post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ok, here's the deal. I recently met this guy, in a group situation, who had a nice package. He was wearing a t-shirt, with a sort of shirt thing on as well ( not tucked in). Now most of the time, when I've seen guys wearing this combination, they tend to wear/button the shirt over their crotch all the time...as if to say, "Don't look at this!".

But the guy I met recently did not do this. He left his crotch out there, and never once closed his shirt over. Is this a sign that he's showing it off? Is this a sign he wants my attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Ok, here's the deal. I recently met this guy, in a group situation, who had a nice package. He was wearing a t-shirt, with a sort of shirt thing on as well ( not tucked in). Now most of the time, when I've seen guys wearing this combination, they tend to wear/button the shirt over their crotch all the time...as if to say, "Don't look at this!".

But the guy I met recently did not do this. He left her crotch out there, and never once closed his shirt over. Is this a sign that he's showing it off? Is this a sign he wants my attention?

Freudian slip??? :P

It clearly means he wants to marry you. I'd be worried though, he sounds like a gold-digger... Had his shirt been tucked in, you'd be ok, but those rebels, not tucking in their shirts! You just can't tell with them!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Oryx wrote: »
    Women generally know if they have nice tits but they dont use them as some kind of homing beacon for random men.

Ah crap. :(:D

But the guy I met recently did not do this. He left his crotch out there, and never once closed his shirt over. Is this a sign that he's showing it off? Is this a sign he wants my attention?

Well speaking as a man I'd say that those guys who cover up their crotches in female company are obviously gay or are just not interested in sex. Obviously we all want women to look at our crotches and, if they like what they see, to act on their impulses. Now if only women would stop buttoning up their cardigans over their breasts...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I also met that guy. You missed nothing. It was a sock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Shouldn't you have reported him for indecency???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ok, here's the deal. I recently met this girl, in a group situation, who had some nice breasts. She was wearing a t-shirt, with a sort of cardigan thing on as well. Now most of the time, when I've seen girls wearing this combination, they tend to pull the cardigan over their breasts all the time...as if to say, "Don't look at these!".

But the girl I met recently did not do this. She left her chest out there, and never once pulled her cardigan over. Is this a sign that she's showing them off? Is this a sign she wants my attention?

Sounds exactly like a case of she wants to suck you off tbh. Classic sign.

On a serious note, honestly your prolly reading into it far too much. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Perhaps this was what nij was imagining when he saw the girl in the T-shirt from across the room?

Picture a bull fighting stadium in Spain...

Girl in T-shirt holds cardigan as if a cape, waving it from a distance.

This catches nij's eye, he lowers his head, and begins pawing the ground, snorting!

What projects from her T-shirt seems to say to nij, "Toro! Toro!"

But what nij does not see is the sword that is used to hold the cardigan cape.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Cinful

"Toro! Toro!"
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭celticcutie

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Some of those bolero style cardies aren't designed to close.

That's a definite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement