Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible to save money in switzerland?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im wondering if its possible to save money while living in zurich for example.
    This is going on a salary of roughly 100-120 chf. I know i would need to factor in my own lifestyle but in general do you think this would be ok?
    I know there are a few on here living in switzerland so maybe you can help me out:)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Saving should be possible on that wage. Then again, it depends on how much you spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

It all depends on your lifestlye, where you want to live... there are lots of designer shops in Zurich - if you plan to frequent them a lot you probably won't manage to save :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

no i dont plan to visit those shops(ever) and planning on zurich, will be keeping it low key, few beers the weekend thats about it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

zweton wrote: »
    Hi,

Im wondering if its possible to save money while living in zurich for example.
    This is going on a salary of roughly 100-120 chf. I know i would need to factor in my own lifestyle but in general do you think this would be ok?
    I know there are a few on here living in switzerland so maybe you can help me out:)

Thanks

Well on a salary of 120K you could definitely put a fair amount way, if you are careful about your lifestyle...

Zurich is an expensive place to live, especially if you live the typical expat lifestyle. And by that eating out at typical tourist trap restaurants, shopping at expat shops etc.... On the other hand a typical Swiss might earn say 5K per month and live comfortably on that....

Advertisement