Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Myson 2 port zone valve

Options
  • 12-10-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi.

Does anyone know anywhere i can pick up a Myson 2 port zone valve in the Dublin area.

Or a direct replacement would be fine aswell.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

ra0044 wrote: »
    Hi.

Does anyone know anywhere i can pick up a Myson 2 port zone valve in the Dublin area.

Or a direct replacement would be fine aswell.

many thanks
    Any branch of Heatmerchants ,chadwicks ,Dpl there's bound to be one of them near you

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭ra0044

Robbie.G wrote: »
    Any branch of Heatmerchants ,chadwicks ,Dpl there's bound to be one of them near you

thanks i appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Dpl stock mison heads, bout a tener cheeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭ra0044

esox28 wrote: »

good to know. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭John T Carroll

esox28 wrote: »

Found two of these actuators, Myson Power Extra..Model MPE222, stuck in the open position in my daughters house a few days ago. I was able to free them up by forcing the manual lever towards the Auto position, I then powered them on/off a number of times and they seemed OK. These valves hadnt been exercised for about 3 years, one is zoning the downstairs rads, the other zones the upstairs rads, there is no motorised valve on the DHW cylinder. From now on, the upstairs zone valve will be modulating a few times per day so it will be interesting to see if it continues to works OK. I have a Honeywell motorised valve which has a metal cover which dissipates the 7 or 8 watts heat build up, the Myson is "plastic", I wonder is the heat building up inside the motor/gearbox and hardening the grease/lubricant?. I measured the power drawn by the myson actuators and both were 7 to 8 watts. I was surprised that I could open/close the valve spindle(s) with my fingers so these certainly were not the cause of the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

yea they all will cease if left for any extended time period.

its generally the synchron motor that breaks down and causes the failure.

but your right that the heat generated dosent help,

most valves ive seen have a p live and only switched off through the room stat instead of interlocking through the clock, stat and aux switch to boiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭John T Carroll

Its interesting; your point about the interlocking, there is no room stat, just a timer, the two actuators are manually controlled from two switches mounted adjacent to this timer. They are either wired independently or wired from the permentantly live side of the timer as they stay on when the timer has timed out or is switched off manually. The house was built 10 years ago so I reckon that if they had been wired properly? then two new actuators could be purchased from the power saving. As the downstairs zoning is never required off I might remove the actuator completely and just put the valve in the open position. I dont know if I can rewire the actuator(s) supply to the output side of the timer due to lack of access but I'll have a look. Of course the extra switching might shorten the live of the actuator, the present ones have lasted for 10 years and, hopefully, still counting.

The link below gives some insight into actuator failures.

http://www.seered.co.uk/sunvic_detailed_failure.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Most of the time people have towels and blankets shoved on top of them and the over heat. burning out the motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Mine and both my neighbours just had the wire come off the circuit board which I just soldered back on. That was two years ago.

Advertisement