Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro handhelds etc.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sony make some of the worst D pads. They're truely awful.

Spend the afternoon using a Nintendo or Sega one, then use a Sony D pad. You'll see what I mean.

When you compare it to the d-pad on the xbox 360 controller and original Nintendo DS though, they seem amazing!!!

I absolutely ****ing hate that loose cheap ass feeling d-pad on the 360 controller!! It's definitely one of the worst ever made!

Must be so frustrating using it on retro titles on the Xbox arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I personally dislike the PS d-pad, but one of the best Street Fighter players in the country uses the d-pad on a regular DS3 to play and he has no issues with it, so it can't be that bad.

This is the best controller I've ever used though:
    41odPdpudCL._SL500_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

The first version of the PSP had the worst d-pad I've ever experienced. It was impossible to pull of special moves on Darkstalkers. No such problems with the PSP 3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,361 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Azure_sky wrote: »
    The first version of the PSP had the worst d-pad I've ever experienced. It was impossible to pull of special moves on Darkstalkers. No such problems with the PSP 3000.

That was the main reason I got rid of my PSP. It was a fantastic little machine which happened to have the worst ever D pad and badly place analog stick. There was absolutely no way of controlling a games comfortably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

o1s1n wrote: »
    That was the main reason I got rid of my PSP. It was a fantastic little machine which happened to have the worst ever D pad and badly place analog stick. There was absolutely no way of controlling a games comfortably.

I'd say that the d-pad on the 3000 series is as good as, if not better, than the 3DS. Now that fighting games are popular again companies all of a sudden realise they have to make half decent d-pads again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Speaking of Sony d-pads, I have to say I'm impressed with their effort with the Vita. The d-pad is more 'Nintendo-like' if you will, with a more solid feel as opposed to discrete buttons like on their other pads. Have been playing Blazblue with it and have found it very easy to use.

Advertisement