Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

• 15-07-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Probably a good idea to get a new one of these going with the new season (FPL wise) now open.

New additions to the game include Ultimate Fantasy Premier League, New Bonus Points System

and perhaps a less contentious assist rule for 2013/14
    Significant Deflections
    If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.

Of course a whole new range of prices and there is a squad discussion thread here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

I have been looking forward to this. Bale was the first selection but at 12 he is not cheap. Van Persie at 14 makes the budget tight elsewhere. It could be the year of the bargain basement defense. Is Given first choice keeper at 4? I have a feeling Bony (8) will be this years Michu but he has a tough start against Man Utd and Spurs.

For a bit of craic I will give a Premier League jersey to the winner of the private league to get the ball rolling (winners choice). Code: 16356-5484

Can you pick your team yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Can you pick your team yet?

Yep and once you have the initial team you can change it as often as you like up until the deadline; 11:30 a.m. on the 17th of August.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Is Given first choice keeper at 4?

Given won't be starting in the Premier League next season.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Given is supposed to be joining Doncaster as far as I know

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Will be interesting to see if Chelsea have a double/treble GW. Three players would be a must. I'd probably look at Hazard, Azpil and one from Lampard/Oscar/Mata.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Given is supposed to be joining Doncaster as far as I know

Yep, close to complete by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

roryc wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if Chelsea have a double/treble GW. Three players would be a must. I'd probably look at Hazard, Azpil and one from Lampard/Oscar/Mata.

When would this be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hey all, good to have this forum hopping along again.

I'm probably not going to do my team for a few weeks, I'd like a few uninterrupted hours to do it.
    I assume all prices now will stay the same till gameweek 1, there is no way to increase your team value?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm probably not going to do my team for a few weeks, I'd like a few uninterrupted hours to do it.
    I assume all prices now will stay the same till gameweek 1, there is no way to increase your team value?

Prices will stay the same, and no one can increase team value. That will only start on the first day of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Suarez is gonna do serious damage for Arsenal this season, shame he's banned early on...........:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Walcott looks like a good price to me. He's a proven man to score and assist in the Premier League and is improving every year, despite criticism from some. 21 goals last year, 14 in the league and 13 assists. Plus he was in and out of the side for months at the start of the season so only played 2286 mins.

Scored in our first pre-season match too, albeit against a rubbish side.

Arsenal's first 10 games are quite decent, toughest games being Spurs and Liverpool at home which isn't bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hope to pay more attention to the forum this season. Last year I ignored a lot of tips that were being thrown around and it cost me big time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i know it's unlikely to happen but wouldn't fabregas joining united really stir things up FPL wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i know it's unlikely to happen but wouldn't fabregas joining united really stir things up FPL wise?

He would be an interesting addition, up there with Bale as a mainstay midfielder,nice link up with RVP comes to mind.

Invincible wrote: »
    He would be an interesting addition, up there with Bale as a mainstay midfielder,nice link up with RVP comes to mind.
    yeah and with him likely to cost what? 10.5 to 11.5 million (FPL wise) it'd mean people would have to pick and choose between the top midfielders, well that's going to happen anyway with the increases for bale, mata etc, but unless you have a budget defence or strikeforce it's unlikely you'd get more than 2 from bale, fabregas, mata, walcott, silva etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Invincible wrote: »

Now I'd be as delirious as anyone (who supports united) if it happened but he would priced astronomically and either Kagawa or Rooney would be played more advanced than him thus with players like Walcott/Hazard/Michu/Silva around at the same price I wouldn't be picking him over them, unless he really hit the ground running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Logs in to FF, register,

Pick Van Persie, Bale and Mata then auto-complete, log out...and I won't log back in for another 3 weeks!

I've no intention of picking a team now, its way too early and will only drive me mad so I'll wait until the 13 or 14 August to start picking my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

unkymo wrote: »
    Logs in to FF, register,

Pick Van Persie, Bale and Mata then auto-complete, log out...and I won't log back in for another 3 weeks!

I've no intention of picking a team now, its way too early and will only drive me mad so I'll wait until the 13 or 14 August to start picking my team.

Yup same, had a glance at any major changes but that's all.

Way to early to be chopping and changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also if you chop and change now, you'll have a million and one connotations in mind once you get to the deadline.

not worth the wrecked head.

that, on top of the fact the main clubs have barely started their business, means it's all a bit pointless right now.

• Advertisement

Most of the fun is in the pre-season team selection.

Also, this way I can confidently say that there was a certain selection I made that would have had me in the top 1,000 after week 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Invincible

roryc wrote: »
    Most of the fun is in the pre-season team selection.

Also, this way I can confidently say that there was a certain selection I made that would have had me in the top 1,000 after week 1 :)

The alternative way of looking at it :)
    Done the same last season myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Swiper I've just been thinking about Townsend, do you reckon he'll be a bench player or will he get regular starts? If he was alongside Bale and another striker as part of a front 3 he could be a machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Santi101 wrote: »
    Walcott looks like a good price to me. He's a proven man to score and assist in the Premier League and is improving every year, despite criticism from some. 21 goals last year, 14 in the league and 13 assists. Plus he was in and out of the side for months at the start of the season so only played 2286 mins.

Scored in our first pre-season match too, albeit against a rubbish side.

Arsenal's first 10 games are quite decent, toughest games being Spurs and Liverpool at home which isn't bad at all.
    He was the first player in my team and I think your spot on with everything you've said there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if Rooney goes to Chelsea, he will clean up.

that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Arsenal 6-0 up with half an hour to go in a pre-seaon game v Vietnam. Giroud (3), Akpom (2), Oxe with the goals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Think Kone at 7.0 could be a decent option. He scored quite well with a team that got relegated. Now he will be with a team with better service and play the same attacking football as Wigan did.

Akpom - http://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/chuba-akpom

Isn't even featured on FPL. Wonder if he has a chance of first team football this season.

woodword has left united's tour of Oz to attend to some urgent transfer business.

Something is going to happen soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Hogey007 wrote: »
    woodword has left united's tour of Oz to attend to some urgent transfer business.

Something is going to happen soon!!

Ronaldo.

Advertisement