Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

spider_pig wrote: »
    ridiculous service but you get what you pay for, im stuck here all day with no phone after paying for a service im not receiving

My sympathies... I had no phone all weekend but it got sorted earlier and they gave me a free month for inconvenience... haven't been off it since, I plan to get my moneys worth... :D.. It is some deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

My sympathies... I had no phone all weekend but it got sorted earlier and they gave me a free month for inconvenience... haven't been off it since, I plan to get my moneys worth... :D.. It is some deal...

its back now :) where is the mention of the free month i did get a mail saying there would be compensation alright

just checked there and i got a free month and 10 euro balance added to my account :D i wont have to top up until 4th of may

just checked there and i got a free month and 10 euro balance added to my account :D i wont have to top up until 4th of may

Same here.. Well worth the inconvenience...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

How did you sort it out?

Having same problem myself

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    How did you sort it out?

Having same problem myself

Logged on and clicked on help and sent them a message telling them what the problem was.... As I said this happened on Friday and was just sorted today.... But as I also said worth it in the end.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

anyone know what happens if you don't renew membership after the first month i.e. I know it expires but how long do you have to reactivate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

Wow, some of the people on here (certain people in particular) really need to calm down and get over themselves.. Fine, you might be outside the age bracket and be píssed off over that because you're paying more.. Fine. But trying to get a new, enterprising business to shut down just after it setting up in the middle of this recession on the grounds of equality is just pathetic.. It just goes to show the ridiculous amount of free time that some people have at the moment.. How about some of you chronic neigh-sayers get down from your high horse or up off your árse and take a leaf out of 48's book.. Get busy starting the businesses that will get us out of this mess instead of trying to kill off any hope of regeneration of our economy.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Dammit. I got caught out with the credit thing during porting.

I lost a months subs. Well I sent them a strongly worded apology about next email they will receive from me. Then I sent the second email. Should hear back tomorrow I hope! :)

if they opened it up to the public they'd surely make more money then restricting there service, cant get me head around it

• Advertisement

e-sull wrote: »
    Wow, some of the people on here (certain people in particular) really need to calm down and get over themselves.. Fine, you might be outside the age bracket and be píssed off over that because you're paying more.. Fine. But trying to get a new, enterprising business to shut down just after it setting up in the middle of this recession on the grounds of equality is just pathetic.. It just goes to show the ridiculous amount of free time that some people have at the moment.. How about some of you chronic neigh-sayers get down from your high horse or up off your árse and take a leaf out of 48's book.. Get busy starting the businesses that will get us out of this mess instead of trying to kill off any hope of regeneration of our economy.

That is all.

Well said.... Plenty of grumpy old men.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

if they opened it up to the public they'd surely make more money then restricting there service, cant get me head around it

I'm assuming they're perhaps taking a loss or just about breaking even until the second year and so on.

Perhaps they'll launch a new plan for other age brackets.

Considering switching meself from 3 - although Three are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

My guess would be that 18-22 is where o2 get the least of their business, most of the people i know either go to meteor or 3 for iphones, so keeping it 18-22 means they won't lose all their customers
    Probably wrong but that's my guess at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

o2 are already loosing customers rapidly to other networks, the last thing they want to do is launch an mvno on their own network and carve up their own pay as you go and bill pay base. I'd guess tesco took more people from o2 than they did any other network as "it's on the o2 network".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭bren2001

e-sull wrote: »

That is all.

Ha, I am 20 and dont understand how this is legal. If I wasnt in this age bracket Id be kicking up a fuss about this, its absurd that they started it but Im switching and getting as long as I can out of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

bren2001 wrote: »
    Ha, I am 20 and dont understand how this is legal.

It doesn't seem to be legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

It's a "membership", I presume the law is different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

So say a 22 year old signs up now, will they get kicked off the network when they hit 23? Seems like a crazy way to run a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

So what's the story with this? Are they checking up on ages or can you just pretend your this age??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

not as good as 3's deal as it doesnt include net.

20e top up, free calls (call any network at weekend) + texts + free net + free 10e credit.

• Advertisement

20e top up, free calls (call any network at weekend) + texts + free net + free 10e credit.
    net is only €2 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

stacexD wrote: »
    net is only €2 a week

Only until end of Feb.

pissed wrote: »
    Only until end of Feb.
    Does the €10 change price at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Dont know. The €2 data seems to be only valid until the end of feb. Then there was mention of data by the hour ..... have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

stacexD wrote: »
    net is only €2 a week
    Only until end of Feb.

Pah!

The internet is just a fad. It'll never last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Dont know. The €2 data seems to be only valid until the end of feb. Then there was mention of data by the hour ..... have to wait and see.

More than a mention, Telefonica/48 have stated that it will be on a pay by the hour basis, on the 48 website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So it's not as good as 3's deal from your point of view given your usage

From someone else's point of view:

3 deal - 100 mid week minutes and loads of weekend minutes - total cost €20 - useless!!

48 deal - 3000 minutes for the month at any time mid-week or weekend - €10. Pretty damn good!

If you even take a tenner off the 3 deal to allow for internet there is no question of what deal is better minutes wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Absolutely, it all depends on a the users usage profile. However, for an increasing number of people, their usage profile is heavily data focused. If your usage profile includes data then you are better off with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

The 10euro charge will never change, new internet promotion at end of Feb I would presume as they will have to stay competitive.

Doesnt matter if you arent in the age bracket of 18-22, sure just put in your age as 1993 or whatever. Its a PAYG sim so not really a concern.

Guaruntee you wont get kicked off when you turn 22, its all marketing, trying to be cool and get that age bracket. Look at the ads, just heard one on the radio and it was some lads saying he was going to be spanking MILFs. haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anyone still not received their sim? I requested one on the 27th and still nothing.

Advertisement