Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Dublin25 wrote: »
    WI last night and was down 1lb. I'll be honest I was a bit gutted as I thought I was so good. Didn't go off points and drank tonnes more water, even introduced grapefruit in the mornings (Yuck!). Thought it would have been more. Although totm arrived Monday so would this affect it by much?

I know a loss is better than being up and i'm thankfull its a loss but still feeling very deflated this morning and loosing motivation!!!!!

Hey! It's a pound in the right direction, with TOTM it most likely had an effect. I only lost 1/2 lb last week after putting in a very good effort re program and exercise but I'm hoping it will show up this week. So chin up and keep on going! They do say you're better off losing slowly and consistently for long term weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Had wi yesterday evening and was down 2lbs so got to goal :D I'm sooooo happy. I got to my first goal 2 wks ago but they put it down another 3 lbs for me so got there yesterday :D

does anyone know what happens if you go the 5lbs under your ww goal weight :confused: its just i kind of want to lose a bit more for myself. not much but still i can't really afford to change my goal weight again. it will be great to save the tenner every wk. i forgot to ask yesterday cos we were going through the maintenance aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Dublin25 wrote: »
    WI last night and was down 1lb. I'll be honest I was a bit gutted as I thought I was so good. Didn't go off points and drank tonnes more water, even introduced grapefruit in the mornings (Yuck!). Thought it would have been more. Although totm arrived Monday so would this affect it by much?

I know a loss is better than being up and i'm thankfull its a loss but still feeling very deflated this morning and loosing motivation!!!!!

1lb is great and TOTM definitely affects it. I once was up 2.5lbs after a really good week but it was TOTM. The following week I was very good again and I was down a MASSIVE 7lbs!! :eek: Don't let this ruin your good work - have another good week and you will see the benefits at your next WI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

ugh.....feel so gross and icky from the food attack yesterday! but still trudging forward. back into routine

readybrek (skimmed milk) + ww yoghurt for breakfast....god knows i need the fiber at the moment....

reheated quorn lasagne for lunch and dinner...thank god...cant face cooking today.

I think its the high pressure front thats moving in giving me these headaches. combined with other external stresses.

we all get these lows...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

jackmax wrote: »
    Had wi yesterday evening and was down 2lbs so got to goal :D I'm sooooo happy. I got to my first goal 2 wks ago but they put it down another 3 lbs for me so got there yesterday :D

does anyone know what happens if you go the 5lbs under your ww goal weight :confused: its just i kind of want to lose a bit more for myself. not much but still i can't really afford to change my goal weight again. it will be great to save the tenner every wk. i forgot to ask yesterday cos we were going through the maintenance aspect.

way to go jackmax, thats BRILLIANT!!!! not sure what happens when you are below your goal weight......maybe one of the others might know!!!

am having one of 'those' mornings......I have WI this evening and me is afraid that I have gained again after having the munchies over the weekend :( I am mad at myself for having the willpower of a flea :mad: cause I know I have probably gained I haven't been pointing this morning and have been in the biscuit tin once to often already :o why oh why do I sabotarge myself like this :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Did you pay the 79c and buy it?? I've had no problems at all with it - couldn't manage at all without it now.

Yeah I paid the 79c for it! But sure win some, lose some! It might just be my phone that it's not working properly on! The WW Points Diary is doing ok.

WI tonight. Dunno how it is going to go. Have been fairly good food wise, but only 15pp of Activity Points earned this week - stupid exams! :mad: Last night I spent 2 hours studying when I got home from work until 7.30pm. Then I made dinner, bran muffins and soup for lunch today! Wrecked!

Thanks for the Eddie Rockets list Lainy! Oh and the person who said about Tesco and Supermacs being near the Travelodge (sorry, I forgot your name :o)! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Made this last night, god it was gorgeous! :D

Ingredients:
    Four thin Pork Sausages
    1/2 onion (I used a red onion)
    1 carrot,
    1 stick of celery
    1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
    1 tsp Dried Oregano
    1/2 Red Chili
    Passata Sauce

Method:
    Put the onion, carrot & celery into a food processor with the chili and blitz for a min or two. Add the sausages, fennel & oregano and pulse until mixed up.

Heat up a pan, spray up some oil onto it, and put the sausage mix into it. Keep an eye on it and let it cook away. Break it up with a wooden spoon as it is cooking. It takes about 15mins to cook.

Boil up your pasta for about 20mins.

Add the Passata Sauce to the sausage mix. Bring to the boil and let it simmer for a few mins. Add some cooking liquid from your pasta if it is too thick.

Drain the pasta and add to the sausage sauce. Serve, topped with some fresh basil and a few Parmesan shavings.

I worked it out as 12pp but you could use Turkey Sausaes or Low-Fat ones and reduce the points further

:D:D:D

Passata Sauce:
    I made my own homemade passata sauce which goes as follows:

1 onion,
    2 cloves of Garlic
    1 tin of tomatoes
    2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar

Fry up the onion & garlic in spray oil until soft. Add the tomatoes, vinegar and 1/2 a tomato tin of water. Bring to the boil and simmer until you have a thick sauce. This is best made the day before you want to use it. :D

anyone got a nice rice side dish recipe? I'm trying to not use potatoes...been eating way too much of them....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

hey all had sucha bad week have not really tracked very well was eating adn drinkin all weekend too so I deserve to be up tomo mornign so much for hoping for my 2lbs for my first half stone! GOnna be so good next week points track everythng!

Loads of had great losses of 3-4 pounds would love that next week! only if i deserve it tho! This week i didnt! jsut had a busy weekend with Slance concert pub and booze all day, cvrappy concert food and all that!

Anyway @ lainy, why dont u try some griddled veg? Some mange tout, courgette, Bok choi and asparagus, Try and leave them on the ridges of the griddle ban they get a kind of smokey bbq taste then add ina bit of soy ginger and garlic? Might not be ur kind of food tho! I presume when u say stay away from potatoes ur tryint o avoid carbs?
    Its so tough, Im the same I know they are not my friend, but they always seem to have to make up the main proportion of my meals! GGRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Guys I see some of ye there talking about quorn meat in lasagne. It makes a lovely bolognese if you season it correctly e.g. tomoato puree, worchester sauce, salt, black pepper, sweat the onions for a few minutes on their own, it brings out a lovely sweet flavour. Really there is very little taste difference between quorn and beef but if you cant bare the thought of artificial meat heres a good tip:

Heat ONLY a teaspoon of oil in your pan, add the meat in small portions to brown. The oil is only used to stop the meat sticking to the pan, a huge amount of fat is present in minced meat to provide enough to cook it in. BOIL the kettle. Once all of the meat is browned put it into a sieve and pour a full kettle of boiling water over the meat. This will rinse most of the fat out. Youll see the results yourselves if you watch the water running away!

Its a great way of reducing the amount of fat in your bolognese or lasagne without compromising the flavour of the mince.:)

• Advertisement

1halfstone wrote: »
    hey all had sucha bad week have not really tracked very well was eating adn drinkin all weekend too so I deserve to be up tomo mornign so much for hoping for my 2lbs for my first half stone! GOnna be so good next week points track everythng!

Loads of had great losses of 3-4 pounds would love that next week! only if i deserve it tho! This week i didnt! jsut had a busy weekend with Slance concert pub and booze all day, cvrappy concert food and all that!

Anyway @ lainy, why dont u try some griddled veg? Some mange tout, courgette, Bok choi and asparagus, Try and leave them on the ridges of the griddle ban they get a kind of smokey bbq taste then add ina bit of soy ginger and garlic? Might not be ur kind of food tho! I presume when u say stay away from potatoes ur tryint o avoid carbs?
    Its so tough, Im the same I know they are not my friend, but they always seem to have to make up the main proportion of my meals! GGRRRRR

i dont like veggies...we were never encouraged to eat them as kids...so its impossible to make my self eat them now! just find them horrible!

Not trying to avoid carbs in general....just potatoes as they are particularly dense in carbs. and they are one food i've been eating ALOT in may...and may has been nightmare for me ww wise.

I always lost well when on rice and pasta...so its not a carb thing...i think its a spud thing :P

have all the low fat cook books out now flicking thru recipes

mdbatches wrote: »
    Guys I see some of ye there talking about quorn meat in lasagne. It makes a lovely bolognese if you season it correctly e.g. tomoato puree, worchester sauce, salt, black pepper, sweat the onions for a few minutes on their own, it brings out a lovely sweet flavour. Really there is very little taste difference between quorn and beef but if you cant bare the thought of artificial meat heres a good tip:

Heat ONLY a teaspoon of oil in your pan, add the meat in small portions to brown. The oil is only used to stop the meat sticking to the pan, a huge amount of fat is present in minced meat to provide enough to cook it in. BOIL the kettle. Once all of the meat is browned put it into a sieve and pour a full kettle of boiling water over the meat. This will rinse most of the fat out. Youll see the results yourselves if you watch the water running away!

Its a great way of reducing the amount of fat in your bolognese or lasagne without compromising the flavour of the mince.:)

hehe that is the recipe i use in my Quorn cottage pie :D

for the lasagne i just paasata, garlic, onions, beef stock (knorr stock pots) and i swear i cant taste ANY difference between beef and quorn in the lasagne.

What one could also do is a half and half mix of beef and quorn.

Someone also mentioned the Light Choices frozen beef mince in tesco is quite low in pp for beef

hey lainy, not sure if this will help but I love to add different bits when I am cooking rice just to jazz it up (my DH is a spudz man so eats rice under protest but likes it when I add stuff to it)

I fry up a little onion and garlic, then add the basmati rice stir for a minute, add some chicken or veg stock and a spoon or two of tomato puree and just let it cook till its done......normally I add just enough stock so it sort of boils away, otherwise I drain the rice after and serve, you can stir in some grated low fat cheese at the end if you want. Its sort of the risotto thingie but using regular rice!!!

If you are not a fan of tomato puree you can leave it out. I sometimes add tumeric and raisins towards the end of cooking for a different colour or texture. I would also add peas and diced carrot or mushrooms (tis how I get my kids to eat veg when they are on veggie strike :D they don't mind it in rice)

and a kind of rice saladie thing I make in summer, is to boil and drain the rice and let it cool. In the meantime I chop up scallions, peppers, ham and pinapple and mix this in with the rice with a couple of spoons of pinapple juice......its quite yummy (well I think so)

I find that you can really experiment with rice / stock cubes and herbs and spices......the rice absorbs most tastes and can be yummy......have a gorgeous recipe for butternut risotto I got out of a baby book , can add it up if people are interested!!!

hope that helps :)

flamelily wrote: »
    hey lainy, not sure if this will help but I love to add different bits when I am cooking rice just to jazz it up (my DH is a spudz man so eats rice under protest but likes it when I add stuff to it)

I fry up a little onion and garlic, then add the basmati rice stir for a minute, add some chicken or veg stock and a spoon or two of tomato puree and just let it cook till its done......normally I add just enough stock so it sort of boils away, otherwise I drain the rice after and serve, you can stir in some grated low fat cheese at the end if you want. Its sort of the risotto thingie but using regular rice!!!

If you are not a fan of tomato puree you can leave it out. I sometimes add tumeric and raisins towards the end of cooking for a different colour or texture. I would also add peas and diced carrot or mushrooms (tis how I get my kids to eat veg when they are on veggie strike :D they don't mind it in rice)

and a kind of rice saladie thing I make in summer, is to boil and drain the rice and let it cool. In the meantime I chop up scallions, peppers, ham and pinapple and mix this in with the rice with a couple of spoons of pinapple juice......its quite yummy (well I think so)

I find that you can really experiment with rice / stock cubes and herbs and spices......the rice absorbs most tastes and can be yummy......have a gorgeous recipe for butternut risotto I got out of a baby book , can add it up if people are interested!!!

hope that helps :)

hmmm now that i think i could do! THANKS :D

have rice,
    have stock
    have raisins,
    spices/herbs!
    might throw in some peas and corn...as they are the only kinda veg i like...so i try to work them in anywhere i can...any veg better than no veg!

THANK YOU! :D just need to mix it up....get excited again about the foods I eat. and not get sloppy and boil up some spuds!

no probs :D I am always experimenting (sometimes with ikky results :o) to keep my kids interested in their dinners!!!

Spuds are such a handy dinner carb but as I tend to like them with loads of butter :o:o I tend to limit them where I can.......as an alternative to mash (with butter and milk) I sometimes boil them and carrots together in chicken or veg stock (with a couple of garlic cloves roughly chopped :cool:), I then drain most of the stock away, leaving just a bit and mash the whole lot up......my kids call it 'orange mash' and they horse it down.....I love it as well and at least then I can have mash without all the extra points for butter / milk!!!:cool: plus its a bit more interesting then plain spuds!!!

by the way I made the cheesy garlic bagel thing you posted the other day and it was yummy!!!:)

flamelily wrote: »
    no probs :D I am always experimenting (sometimes with ikky results :o) to keep my kids interested in their dinners!!!

Spuds are such a handy dinner carb but as I tend to like them with loads of butter :o:o I tend to limit them where I can.......as an alternative to mash (with butter and milk) I sometimes boil them and carrots together in chicken or veg stock (with a couple of garlic cloves roughly chopped :cool:), I then drain most of the stock away, leaving just a bit and mash the whole lot up......my kids call it 'orange mash' and they horse it down.....I love it as well and at least then I can have mash without all the extra points for butter / milk!!!:cool: plus its a bit more interesting then plain spuds!!!

by the way I made the cheesy garlic bagel thing you posted the other day and it was yummy!!!:)

yeah i had it last night....oh god it was so good.. i put the tomato on about an hour before so it had totally absorbed into the bread.

one thing i've noticed....the finer you grate the cheese, the further it goes....and you end yo using less cheese!

Spuds are just so handy.... having some fish....boil them....or mash them....or make home made wedges....for lunch....potato salad, goes with everything!

too lazy to cook properly....ah bit of chicken in georgeforman and boil some spuds....and with baby potatoes...you dont even have to peel them.

but i do always weight and point before cooking....but still....i rely on spuds way too often.

So that chicken and raisin rice sounds yummi! kinda like the curried rice you get in deli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Lost 1.5 today.....but thats in a week and half....and had gone up 1 last time....altogether lost 6 lbs in about mth and half.....ok I guess.....Ive been sick and on antibiotics too....why do I feel annoyed by that loss??? As I was walking in I was sayin even a half lb Ill be happy!!! I guess cuz had put 1 up last time really only lost half this time!!
    Oh well Ill do better next week!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gem2011

Hi all, new to this thread. Well i've been stalking it for a week or so but never posted anything. Had my 4th WI last night and was only down 1lb, that makes 7lbs so far. It's not too bad and i'm happy that it's going in the right direction but it's disheartening when it's only .5lb or 1lb a week. I lost 4.5lb the first week but it's been very small loses since then. I'm following the plan well I think, never really going over my dailies and only using some of my weeklies but it's still only showing in small ways :(. Away now this weekend (fingers crossed for sun!:rolleyes:) and I'm worried already about being up next week as I won't have much control over what I eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Hi all

Well done on the losses this week and chin up to thosse who had a bad WI I meslef am down another2 lbs yipee

People were asking about how low points can go ..they will never go below 29 and 49 weeklies for women but i dont know for Men also on maintainance you will get more back.

GEM2011

Are you eating enough if you dont use your points everyday you may not be I find I lose best the weeks I eat everything and drink lots of water....exercise is not a factor for me as I am injured at present but i do use all my points every week if not more:pac:

aspie mum wrote: »
    GEM2011

Are you eating enough if you dont use your points everyday you may not be I find I lose best the weeks I eat everything and drink lots of water....exercise is not a factor for me as I am injured at present but i do use all my points every week if not more:pac:

I am on 33 daily points and I use them as a general rule, sometimes I do only get to about 30 pp though and didn't want to eat more just for the sake of getting to the 33. I'm worried that if I use all of my weeklies (as I probably will this weekend) as well as my dailies that I will put up weight, that's probably a mental block that I need to overcome! :rolleyes: Water is something I definitely need to work on though and that has been my objective for the last 2 weeks, i'm getting alot better at drinking water throughout the day now! Hopefully that will start to show in the WIs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

would anyone know how many points are in a plain scone???

irishfm wrote: »

It says in the Pocket Guide that a 50g plain scone comes in at 4pp

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Ref the WW pocket guide there are 4 pp's in a 50g scone which would be a fairly small one.
    I had a brown cuisine de france scone at lunchtime which I weighed and it was 104g. So you might be able to judge from there? (Cuisine d france scone was got in supervalu so you might know that size one.)
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

jackmax wrote: »

Congratulations & good luck with getting to your personal goal too.

Some great losses on here today & yesterday. Well done everyone.

I won't be participating in June challenge - no point starting it when I won't do it! Going to Glasgow next weekend with a crowd of girls & then to Body & Soul festival the weekend after, so I'll be happy to end June weighing the same as when I started! Good luck to everyone who is participating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi guys, absolutely amazing results this week! Well done all.. I'm off away for a week with the family and am feeling very very positive! We'll be doing our shopping for the house as it's self catering and my very excellent trusty food scales is coming with me:) I'll be going for lots of swims and golfing with the guys and plan on having a very active week.. I might even find a scales on Tuesday morning in place of my usual Wi just to see, and keep myself motivated... I hear ye all talking about bran muffins!! Can someone give me the recipe:) pretty please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi all, was down 1 at WI yesterday, delighted with that. Gone for a walk every night this week, although it's not as quick or as much as a work out as I would normally do, I'm just thinking that anything is better than nothing.
    Thing is OH is a bit of a stroller and doesn't like walking quick, it's soooo frustrating!

ww baking thread, post #8 is bran muffin recipe

Link to baking thread in my signature!

They are yummy,filling, healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi guys, absolutely amazing results this week! Well done all.. I'm off away for a week with the family and am feeling very very positive! We'll be doing our shopping for the house as it's self catering and my very excellent trusty food scales is coming with me:) I'll be going for lots of swims and golfing with the guys and plan on having a very active week.. I might even find a scales on Tuesday morning in place of my usual Wi just to see, and keep myself motivated... I hear ye all talking about bran muffins!! Can someone give me the recipe:) pretty please!!

Sorry, don't have the recipe, but wanted to say - have a nice holiday. I've been away twice when on WW this year & managed to lose both times (although I didn't track when I was away, just walked more & ate sensibly). You'll prob do better than you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

gem2011 wrote: »
    It says in the Pocket Guide that a 50g plain scone comes in at 4pp
    Caros wrote: »
    Ref the WW pocket guide there are 4 pp's in a 50g scone which would be a fairly small one.
    I had a brown cuisine de france scone at lunchtime which I weighed and it was 104g. So you might be able to judge from there? (Cuisine d france scone was got in supervalu so you might know that size one.)
    Hope that helps.

Thanks a mill i left my pocket guide at home, scone was SO worth the points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Thanks a mill i left my pocket guide at home, scone was SO worth the points

Dont forget 3 pp for the 2 pats of butter and 2pp for the Jam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement