Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donedeal at it again

• 22-04-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

hi lads and ladies i put an add on the famous done deal for a lurcher for sale here is the add http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/2094208 and i got an email off them saying the following
    Hi,

My name is <snip> and I work for the website DoneDeal.ie. We have received a number of complaints from our users about your ad “lurcher” with specific reference to "has been worked under the spot twice". The ad implies that the dog could be used for killing other animals.

Many of our users feel that this type of activity can be cruel to the prey, the dog, or both. Therefore we have decided to remove your ad in line with our terms & conditions:
    http://help.donedeal.ie/info/dog-policy

Please let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,

<snip>.

i had trouble with done deal a few months ago because they would not let me sell a lightforce lamp now they would let me sell a dog i am raging mad over this also i emailed them looking for the €3 back for the add but i got no reply yet

[edit]
    Dav here folks, I was asked to removed the DoneDeal employee's personal name from this post - this is something we do if requested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Shoot2kill

I dont get why people who find ads & contents of ads for working dogs offensive actually look at the ads!! It maddens me.... Then they go to the bother of complaining to donedeal........

GET A LIFE!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Simple solution lads, don't give them your business and convince everyone you know to do the same.

It's quite a successful site so it probably wont hurt them financially but at least you'll have personal satisfaction about not supporting them directly

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

there has to be an anti somewhere high up in donedeal, nothing illegal about that ad, whether they agree with it or not, what if you put an ad for say 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie, would that be removed or is it just the term "lurcher", your ad for a lamp being removed just takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Was selling scope on donedeal, the add was removed next day, but email received with 3 euro voucher-next add free of charge. What's wrong with selling the scope any way???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

I put an add for my springer pups last year and I got a similar email back saying my add was removed because I used the term "hard working"
    As in "both parents are hard working honest dogs" and so on.
    I made no reference to hunting or shooting in the add and listed field trial champions more than once.

I was livid and when I replied to the email I got no response.
    The did however allow me to put in a different add just not allowed to say they were hard working dogs.

Crazy. But I think there is some nutter working in done deal doing this and not the general public.

• Advertisement

they must have removed all the lurcher ads, I just did a search no results:mad: I searched a few weeks ago and there was loads of ads for pups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i dont think donedeal realise how hunting is a way of life for many people also it keeps a lot of the young lads around the country out of trouble there is 5 or 6 good young lads in my area that spending there day or night hunting and that keeps them young lads from drinking taking drugs and getting up to no good and thats only a good thing as there is nothing for young people to do i many parts for this country if they are hunting there are being frowned upon and told its not right if they are drinking they will be know as trouble makers if they are sitting around the house doing nothing they are called lazy lumps so i dont know where it will stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimbrowning

so if its a golden retriver that works as a guide dog, can it be a good worker?
    this is bull s##t. your perfectly entitled to advertise a working lurcher as a working lurcher cos thats what it is. ass holes. can no1 get talking to som 1 in the know at done deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

no point complaining here about it,its wrong that they wont allow you sell the dog for what it was bred for,but last year there was a big thread here about it and someone from donedeal came on saying that its there position not to sell hunting related items,and then never replyed to anything else the guys asked her. Why doesnt everyone here go on donedeal send in complaints about any ad you find offensive and request it be removed?

funny the way you look in the horse section theres numberous ads with good hunter,hunted all over roscommon,etc theres even a section in horses called hunting,whats the difference between these ads and the dog ads?!just saw one there says hunting machine over the picture of the horse

• Advertisement

bazza888 wrote: »
    funny the way you look in the horse section theres numberous ads with good hunter,hunted all over roscommon,etc theres even a section in horses called hunting,whats the difference between these ads and the dog ads?!just saw one there says hunting machine over the picture of the horse

maybe the horse crowd would cause more uproar than us? are we easy to pick on?

what about the ads for parrots in small cages ads for fishing boats which advocate the killing of defenseless fish!seems like the only thing they have a problem with is hunting dogs and gear,its a rather selective moral highground they have

what about the ads for parrots in small cages ads for fishing boats which advocate the killing of defenseless fish!seems like the only thing they have a problem with is hunting dogs and gear,its a rather selective moral highground they have

ya forgot cats, indecriminate killers, hundreds of thousands of them roaming free around the country doing what they like:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Does anyone know a hunting / shooting sympathetic solicitor? It might be an idea to see if what they are doing is discriminatory or anti-competitive or illegal in some way.

i reported some other posts there and received a reply saying gundogs and retriever ads are not banned,i reported the hunting horse ads fishing and caged birds,i was asked how the horse may be mistreated during a hunt nothing about the poor fox:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

why are ye all get hot and bothered it's a privately owned run and funded website they are entitled to do what they please if they want to pamper to the anti brigade let them there as was said earlier a long thread last year about it donna came on from donedeal and listened to what was said went away came back and said they wouldn't change the policy of the website
    end of
    some folk do find hunting with lurchers /terriers distatefull but that's their opinion the same as we have ours
    doctors differ and patients die get over it

not asking them to change there policy asking them to have a fair policy,id never putan ad on there site anyway

i reported some other posts there and received a reply saying gundogs and retriever ads are not banned,i reported the hunting horse ads fishing and caged birds,i was asked how the horse may be mistreated during a hunt nothing about the poor fox:rolleyes:

reporting ads from other members of the hunting community isnt going to help anyone, but I see the wrongness in their views, they think or want to think like the anti's that running dogs are forced to chase prey, its pointed out in their reply letter to the op also, the only thing I ever taught my lurcher was sit, heel, down and fetch, the first night she saw a rabbit take off in front of her she didnt need any convincing to chase it.

isuppose your right vhunter just annoying the onesidedness of it

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

ok, this is a perfect oppertunity for someone who is computer savy to set up a web site that is solely for the sale of goods that are related to outdoor persutes. lets face it everyone who is involved in said activities would pass on the information of the said web site to friends and fellow enthusists. if the site was run well then word would travel fast.

i only ask for a 20% cut of all takings due to my coming up with the idea. :cool:

• Advertisement

theres a good for sale section here aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

smokin ace wrote: »
    hi lads and ladies i put an add on the famous done deal for a lurcher for sale here is the add http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/2094208 and i got an email off them saying the following
    Hi,

My name is <snip> and I work for the website DoneDeal.ie. We have received a number of complaints from our users about your ad “lurcher” with specific reference to "has been worked under the spot twice". The ad implies that the dog could be used for killing other animals.

Many of our users feel that this type of activity can be cruel to the prey, the dog, or both. Therefore we have decided to remove your ad in line with our terms & conditions:

i had trouble with done deal a few months ago because they would not let me sell a lightforce lamp now they would let me sell a dog i am raging mad over this also i emailed them looking for the €3 back for the add but i got no reply yet

You should write back to them that you want every Hunting Horse advertised to be removed or you will sue them for discrimination.

You are not doing anything illegal! :mad:

All the best,

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭lefthooker

not asking them to change there policy asking them to have a fair policy

couldn't agree more & i think this is the crux of the whole debate.
    If donedeal applied the same logic they used for smokin aces ad then they'd be pulling down ads all over the place immediately when a complaint is made. I doubt they asked for any explanation or clarification like they did with Bazza when they pulled the "lurcher" ad.
    It shows the level of hypocrisy within that company when they are prepared to post potentially offensive/illegal ads until a complaint is made

thats what im saying,im in noway against hunting on horse back or anything else but i think it should be done fairly not just against one section,i mean banning a lamp?its silly

just got this email back from donedeal,

Thanks for getting back to us. I have included a link to our Dog Policy for your review:

We will certainly investigate this ad and take appropriate action.

In the meantime we recommend you contact the SPCA representative closest to the area the horse was for sale, if you feel the horse is being mistreated. I have included a link with their contact details here:
    \http://www.ispca.ie/spca-near-you.aspx

Alternatively you can call the ISPCA National Cruelty Helpline on 1890 515 515. The SPCA's are the proper Irish authority to investigate and take action. We will of course assist them in their investigation and take whatever action they recommend.

If you want to find out more information relating subjects the National Parks & Wildlife Services have a great website:
    http://www.npws.ie/

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have any questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Seems like a smart arse reply!

yeah it is but i dont really care it just shows they have no real understanding of why they ban one thing and not another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

yeah it is but i dont really care it just shows they have no real understanding of why they ban one thing and not another

no they understand, they understand money! And there is a hell of a lot more hunting horse adds that come up than hunting dogs.

their policy has nothing against the term "lurcher" just references to hunting, lamping, good workers etc, yet when I search lurcher I get no results, I wonder if I posted an ad like this

lurcher pups 3/4greyhound 1/4 whippet, 2dogs 3bitches, €150

would it be removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

its just more bull siht from donedeal i sent them a few emails today questioning there policys about hunting and all they sent me back was crap saying that its in there policy not to allow adds that seems to give the impression that one animal could be used for killing other animals and that they are not debating with me anymore over this case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement