Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

alan89 wrote: »
    It costs money to advertise. Why waste money when you still get a large amount of people applying by word of mouth?

With RigneyDolphin they were rushed positions as there were needed immediately so the first 20 or so were called for assessment centers and then hired. :confused:

true, but its not really fair is it but nothing we can do i suppose.

with rigney dolphin i guess the we have your cv on file is complete bullshi* like most companys who give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I know it's not Waterford, but the way things are commuting must be done.

Nolan Transport in New Ross are always hiring for different positions, but this comes with a health warning, there's a reason there always looking for people, they are meant to be awful to work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Ledger wrote: »
    I know it's not Waterford, but the way things are commuting must be done.

Nolan Transport in New Ross are always hiring for different positions, but this comes with a health warning, there's a reason there always looking for people, they are meant to be awful to work for.

why a health warning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

with rigney dolphin i guess the we have your cv on file is complete bullshi* like most companys who give you that.
    with rigney they held on to my CV for over a year before i got called for an interview so they do hold on to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The kebab place down near Foxy Choppers and the tourist office are looking for a delivery driver. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

According to their facebook page, the brasserie is looking for a full time chef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

why a health warning?

sorry just a figure of speech its just a general warning like

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

The hairdresser across the street from the Granary has a "Staff Wanted" sign out. I think it's called New Look...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Supermacs in the square opposite penneys are looking for part time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Supermacs in the square opposite penneys are looking for part time staff.

Two mates of mine worked there for a few months and said it was a pretty good place to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Two mates of mine worked there for a few months and said it was a pretty good place to work.

Funny i was in Supermacs recently and it struck me how so many of the staff seem to be there for years. Like you say it must be a decent enough place to work as fast food joints go.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭janisjoplin

i just want to say a massive thanks to all the posters on this thread

As a result of this thread i applied for one of the jobs someone posted on here a few weeks ago and thankfully i got the job.

After being unemployed for over 2 years, i feel like i have won the lotto!!!!!

So again a massive thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

As a result of this thread i applied for one of the jobs someone posted on here a few weeks ago and thankfully i got the job.

Delighted to hear that. I was only saying last night how this really is a great thread. With so many people contributing, I'd say most jobs around the town end up on here. Great to hear of a positive result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Delighted for you, good luck in your new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Nice one - Congrats :)
    Out of curiosity where did you get lucky with the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

The Woodlands hotel are looking for a number of positions:

Chefs of all grades
    Receptionist
    Food Service personnel

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pandora, the Jewelery store, are looking for staff. Couldn't see the details as the notice was tiny.

Spar Newtown Stores in Tramore are also looking for staff.

I'm interested in taking someone on with experience in marketing, on a commission base though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

I already started a thread asking this (mods feel free to delete!) but does anyone know about rigney dolphin hiring at the moment? I heard a rumour its for a night shift, which i didnt even know they had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

I already started a thread asking this (mods feel free to delete!) but does anyone know about rigney dolphin hiring at the moment? I heard a rumour its for a night shift, which i didnt even know they had!

Right. At the moment they are not hiring for the night positions. It was mostly internal hiring. Some externals were hired but that is closed now. The night campaign is new so there will be little staff on it at the start. If it gets busy they will hire again.

If positions open again I will post them here ;) (Day or night shifts)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

What are they like to work for? What is the expected starting salary?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I heard they are a nightmare. Although TBF I have never so much as worked in a call centre so I wouldn't be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

A complete scam!!!

They aren't Dolphins at all, but Porpoises :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Now I profess to knowing nothing about Rigney Dolphin, but friends of mine have worked in other call centres and hated it. Mind numbing. Oh, and the money was sh1t.
    But hey, these days, all jobs advertised is are poorly paid, and any job is better than ye olde dole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

Would there be any jobs for a 17 year old who's just left school?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Would there be any jobs for a 17 year old who's just left school?

You mean he left school for the summer or in general?

Well both, but mostly general :)

Well both, but mostly general :)

Sorry I meant did he leave school just for the summer or in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'd say a lot of the jobs that have been put up here would be suitable to be honest. Most don't require experience. As long as you're friendly and outgoing, you should be grand.

Sully wrote: »
    Sorry I meant did he leave school just for the summer or in general?
    Oh no, It's for me when I'm finished school next year and will be 17. I am interested in becoming a radio dj, working on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

Can't find a fecking job anywhere :(

Advertisement