Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March 2014 intake

• 04-03-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Is there anyone else out there who is heading down to the college to start their training on Thursday the 13th of March. Or can anyone give me an insight as what to expect. Cheers

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

DubDan wrote: »
    Is there anyone else out there who is heading down to the college to start their training on Thursday the 13th of March. Or can anyone give me an insight as what to expect. Cheers

First weekend is always good. Some lectures lots of hand outs . Some of the physical stuff is included. That may have changes in the last 6 years. Don't be tempted to have a heavy session in Polly's you will need as much sleep as you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DubDan

Raider190 wrote: »
    First weekend is always good. Some lectures lots of hand outs . Some of the physical stuff is included. That may have changes in the last 6 years. Don't be tempted to have a heavy session in Polly's you will need as much sleep as you can get

Cheers Raider190
    Yeah I think it has changed a bit we are down Thursday and Friday not Saturday and Sunday like previous years not sure how long this has changed. I am thinking of travelling down on the Wednesday night as an 8 start would mean having to travel at 5 or something on the Thursday morning.

Cheers Raider190
    Yeah I think it has changed a bit we are down Thursday and Friday not Saturday and Sunday like previous years not sure how long this has changed. I am thinking of travelling down on the Wednesday night as an 8 start would mean having to travel at 5 or something on the Thursday morning.

Good idea did the same myself. They arranged a room in the new wing which was very comfortable . Have a good breakfast and bring a bottle of water with you. A note book and pen are handy for taking notes . Don't be afraid. To ask questions the instructors like to give the students the benefit of their years of experience

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DubDan

Raider190 wrote: »
    Good idea did the same myself. They arranged a room in the new wing which was very comfortable . Have a good breakfast and bring a bottle of water with you. A note book and pen are handy for taking notes . Don't be afraid. To ask questions the instructors like to give the students the benefit of their years of experience

Cheers Raider looking forward to it now doesn't seem to be many on this heading down this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

I believe this intake is the last one for some time!

• Advertisement

want2b wrote: »
    I believe this intake is the last one for some time!

It is certainly looking that way. Don't know ,if there is an intake of regular trainees in July 2014 how this may effect the availability of instructors for the reserve training courses

Cheers Raider190

How did it go for you. Unbelievable when you first stand in the square and don't think it's real. All the hard work and waiting and now you are finally there

Brilliant

According to the Irish Indo the reserve has now reached 1294 members.

Advertisement