Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennedy Park Playground

• 03-03-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Playground in Kennedy Park is coming on well ..........was supposed to take 3 months to complete though .

Does anyone know when it will be open again ........Had a very disappointed chap out there today .

CopyofDSCN3359.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

cool, where is it exactly?

Oh as in JFK park,thought you meant wx town,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We'll swap the two in Enniscorthy for that.

Looks ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its well worth a visit :
    THE JFK Arboretum, located just a few miles from New Ross, is to get a new playground.

The contract has been awarded to Galway based company, Creative Play Solutions. The work will involve a full upgrade of the play area. The current play area was constructed in 1996 and remains one of the popular focal points for families with young children visiting the arboretum

http://www.newrossecho.ie/news/eykfidojsn/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I miss the old one...:( Especially that big slide

Many's a childhood memory had there......

I did'nt see the Maze yesterday ......It must be gone

I hope not as the kids really enjoyed running around in it and getting lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I did'nt see the Maze yesterday ......It must be gone

I hope not as the kids really enjoyed running around in it and getting lost

It's.......WHAAAAAAT???? Are they gone mad!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Re The maze last time I was there it was gone, But was re planted with very small plants and large posts and wire fencing for it to grow into.
    Why they didn't leave the old maze in place till the new one grows my kids will have grown up by that time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

3 months to build a playground? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

wexford12 wrote: »
    Re The maze last time I was there it was gone, But was re planted with very small plants and large posts and wire fencing for it to grow into.
    Why they didn't leave the old maze in place till the new one grows my kids will have grown up by that time

Cost it was wrecked -monsters going through the trees rather than along the paths...

At least we still have the tree house
    CopyofDSCN3346.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

So is the playground not open yet? Anyone know of anything similar around Wexford? Looking to head for a Sunday drive and have promised a playground along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

So is the playground not open yet? Anyone know of anything similar around Wexford? Looking to head for a Sunday drive and have promised a playground along the way!

Taghmon have a lovely playground.

If you are looking for a Kennedy Park type location , then Woodstock Gardens Inistioge is next best .

It has a small playground as well . Car Park barrier cost €4 and thats it .

If you check youtube you may find some videos of the location

The playground is open now and the kids love it .

Advertisement