Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fishing camping spots

Options
  • 20-03-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi guys,
    just wondering if anyone knows and good spots in the leinster area or nearby for good carp fishing where u could camp over night,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

thegunshow wrote: »
    hi guys,
    just wondering if anyone knows and good spots in the leinster area or nearby for good carp fishing where u could camp over night,

Bump... Good question - would love a few tips myself!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The Maynooth Fishery comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

A fee comes with fishing Maynooth and AFAIK the camping part is for members only. might be changed now, a while since i was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

A fee comes with fishing Maynooth and AFAIK the camping part is for members only. might be changed now, a while since i was there.

Still the same - syndicate members only for night fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

for carp fishing spots look at carpfishingireland.com on that site there is loads of info about lakes where you can fish. although i am no carp fishing expert (only do it occasionally) i do not think that there are a huge amount of lakes in the leinster area where you can fish over-night, daytime yes. a lot of the commercial carp and coarse fisheries do not usually allow over night sessions. one place i know is woodford in galway its privately run and a great place for over night fishing, probably one of the best in the country. There are a few other places in the Cork area too. look at the site mentioned above for more info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement