Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCT Penalty Points

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jamesdublin12

Well as I said will cost me more to buy a new car. just for an NCT>>> then when thats up buy another car.. its not costing me a lot to run. just my nct isup and the repairs are... catch 22... either way im at a loss of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Well you're going to end up with a seized car and penalty points then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

Well as I said will cost me more to buy a new car. just for an NCT>>> then when thats up buy another car.. its not costing me a lot to run. just my nct isup and the repairs are... catch 22... either way im at a loss of money.
    Fair enough, I would seriously be considering penny pinching if I was unemployed, especially regarding my car.

Considering a bangernomics special will cost 650 or thereabouts for something taxed and tested, perhaps you will lose out a bit of money relative to the value of your car currently, but eliminate the potential to lose a LOT of money and any job revolving around a clean license in future.

It's your decision, I'm not really going to be of any more help to you, I feel. You could solve your problem within a week, I would bet, if you sold up your car and picked up another one. But that's me. Maybe I think of stuff too logically. Perhaps you're attached to your car? I'm just trying to help out, is all.

If you want to take the gamble on not having an NCT, it's your call. On the other hand, if you're selling a car and you have the fail sheet that's recent, you are in a much better position than selling a car with the NCT out and no idea of what's wrong with it.

Advertisement