Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons vs Munster, Sat 3 Mar 6:30pm, Live on S4C/TG4

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sweet end to it all anyway with Jones hitting that loose ball like a runaway train. :D Why did Munster not kick the ball out after 80 mins instead of the kick at goal which could have ended with a Dragons try. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Would love to see Hurley at 13 for experimentation sake.

The try came as a direct result of him playing a centers role.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I thought Jones and LOD were very strong in defence. Hurley made a big impact when he came on.

DOC2, Coughlan, Foley, Archer- all impressive.

Lots of mistakes but it was that kind of game and the win was good in the end. LOD's finish for the try was brilliant, after a fantastic run from Hurley.

LOD didn't get much ball but when he does, he impresses me every time. I don't want to hype him up too much but I think he's a brilliant prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Sweet end to it all anyway with Jones hitting that loose ball like a runaway train. :D Why did Munster not kick the ball out after 80 mins instead of the kick at goal which could have ended with a Dragons try. :confused:
    There was still about 50 seconds left, if he had scored the penalty it would have taken up around 1 minute. It was a pretty bad miss being nearly infront of the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

There was still about 50 seconds left, if he had scored the penalty it would have taken up around 1 minute. It was a pretty bad miss being nearly infront of the posts.
    On the half way line though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Would love to see Hurley at 13 for experimentation sake.

The try came as a direct result of him playing a centers role.

I'd say 12 more then 13 but it would be impossible to justify moving him from 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Any word on the MOTM? Thought that DOC2.0 had a great game. He runs like a back when he gets the ball.

Jones the Dragons hooker got it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Forgot to record it. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

It'll probably be up on the TG4 website by the morning. Hardly worth the watch though, maybe have a look at the last 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

A win is a win but lots of errors from both sides. Tokula didn’t have the best with his debut but he seemed to work hard and put in decent hits, hopefully, he was just rusty. Dave O’C looks to be turning in to a good player, overall I thought our backrow were very good. I hope Foley’s injury isn’t too serious but he looked in pain when on the bench at the end of the game. He looks a really skillful player and showed some nice touches. Jones had a mixed bag but did very well for his try from turnover ball. Hurley made huge yardage to the lead up to Luke O’Dea's try, his 3rd of the season.

The subs seemed to bring a new intensity to the game and Deasy, Hurley and Sherry (bar his lineout throwing) really added to our game.

Can’t figure out why TOL was carded unless it was for mouthing off, I’ve never seen an isolated player being carded for holding in the opponents 22. If it was team yellow, you’d have to question how Dragons finished the game without a card. 13 scrums in the game and Dragons were penalised 6 times from the scrum, only 4 were completed and one of those lead to Dragons try. Soft hands gave them huge yardage and maybe a forward pass or two but we really should have closed them down before they did the damage.

Dragons played some superb rugby a couple of times and really looked like scoring but fair play to Munster their defence in the red zone was brilliant. How many guys did we shove into the touchline but for them to offload before hitting touch and mange to keep the ball alive. They looked dangerous but like us still had a lot of knock-ons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

The dragons just coughed up possession so easily. It was crazy. They didn't know how to win

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Another decent performance by O'Dea. He pulled off a great try saving tackle on Chavanga early on, and took his try well. Maybe he could look to get a bit more involved when we have the ball, but I suppose that will come with time - it was only his 4th start after all.

The backrow was excellent as well, individually rather than collectively. Also thought Mafi stood up - he seemed to be involved everywhere, and if he is moving on, we'll really miss his commitment in sticky games like tonight.

Re Sherry's throwing - it was excellent against Young Munster a couple of weeks ago, and as far as I know, he picked up a hand injury in that game, so maybe that affected his throwing this evening. I'm sure it will get sorted anyway, the ability is definitely there. He made an impact around the park. I think he'll edge Fogarty off the bench when the big games come around, and definitely put pressure on Varley.

Great result though, it leaves us in a great position to get a home semi final.

I'd say 12 more then 13 but it would be impossible to justify moving him from 15.
    Won't be at 15 with Jones back.
    11. Earls
    12. Mafi
    13. Hurley
    14. Zebo
    15. Jones

That wouldn't be so bad. All dreams though. Earls will be at 13, maybe Hurley on the wing at 14?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Wasn't hurleys break more about terrible defence than what he did though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

It's being repeated on Setanta Ireland right now - but I don't know if that works for expats :(

durkadurka wrote: »
    Wasn't hurleys break more about terrible defence than what he did though?
    Not IMO.

He ran a great hard line.

Big handoff, and then ran another clever line to set up good ball to be recycled.

Then he got the ball at the 12 position from the next Ruck, with penalty advantage, and threw a great looping pass over the defence to O'Dea.

I don't know, it was only one incident, but with Hurley's intelligence, and offloading ability, he could do a good job at 13 if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Fireball07 wrote: »

LOD didn't get much ball but when he does, he impresses me every time. I don't want to hype him up too much but I think he's a brilliant prospect.

Just on LO'D, notice how he got done on the outside for the Dragons try. Good prospect but like Zebo, still plenty to work on.

Then he got the ball at the 12 position from the next Ruck, with penalty advantage, and threw a great looping pass over the defence to O'Dea.

Sure that wasn't Deasy?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

I'm pretty sure it was Deasy who threw the huge pass. None the less, Hurley still had a great few minutes.

You may be right.

Thought it was 23 who threw it but maybe it was 22.

Sorry if incorrect.

EDIT: Definitly Deasy. Watched back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

danthefan wrote: »
    You just have to stay on your feet.

Edit - which the Dragons didn't btw.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got an update on Dave Foley's injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

phog wrote: »
    Has anyone got an update on Dave Foley's injury?

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/10205.php

According to the above he suffered a dislocated shoulder so out for a while anyway.

Apparently Murrays injury isnt as bad as initially feared.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bad news for Foley but it won't affect Munster at all, we have more than enough depth at lock.

Bad news for Foley but it won't affect Munster at all, we have more than enough depth at lock.

Maybe Nagle will get a game? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Maybe Nagle will get a game? :p

:eek:

I know that but I hate to see a player go down injured and he really looked in bother at the final whistle, also I hate to see a young player losing out through injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Not IMO.

He ran a great hard line.

Big handoff, and then ran another clever line to set up good ball to be recycled.

I don't know, it was only one incident, but with Hurley's intelligence, and offloading ability, he could do a good job at 13 if needed.

Hurley strikes as much more like a Downey-style 12.

Hurley strikes as much more like a Downey-style 12.

Downey-style with beautiful hands. I don't want to exaggerate too but Hurley's offloading ability in the tackle is one of the best in the Heineken Cup imo.

Advertisement