Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Gonna go for this deal in store today. Did anyone go for the Sony Xperia S? I was reading about it for about 2 hours last night and it seems very impressive for €99. Ill be moving from the iPhone 3GS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

Went for this deal using a friend's eircom account number, despite telling emobile where I wanted the phone delivered, they still sent it to the address on the account. An email to their customer support has been ignored (for three days so far) so I called them & was told they couldn't change it :rolleyes: So it was left to me to chase down the couriers to get it re-routed. With a bit of luck a shiny blue S3 will be with me tomorrow.

Can't say their CS has impressed me so far, hopefully things will improve from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

opus wrote: »
    Went for this deal using a friend's eircom account number, despite telling emobile where I wanted the phone delivered, they still sent it to the address on the account. An email to their customer support has been ignored (for three days so far) so I called them & was told they couldn't change it :rolleyes: So it was left to me to chase down the couriers to get it re-routed. With a bit of luck a shiny blue S3 will be with me tomorrow.

Can't say their CS has impressed me so far, hopefully things will improve from here on.

Bit of a shambles alright.
    Name, billing address and email all wrong for me.
    I distinctly told them my current rental address would be just for delivery yet they still put it down as a billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Maybe their system would only allow them to do this.

I worked for a company a few years back where we couldn't put a separate billing address to the delivery address (you should have been told by the CS of this though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

statto25 wrote: »
    Update....
    I called customer care...The store I bought it from never applied the half price offer to my account. I have to go back to the store and ask them to get it sorted. Question....if it turns out I wasn't supposed to get this offer at all what is my comeback?

You should still be in the cooling off period and I imagine you can claim (accurately) that you were mis-sold a tariff. You'll probably have to pay an extra amount of the phone you got, depending on the model though too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Louisa Squeaking Radar

FYI, their system does allow for a seperate billing and delivery address.
    looder wrote: »
    Maybe their system would only allow them to do this.

I worked for a company a few years back where we couldn't put a separate billing address to the delivery address (you should have been told by the CS of this though).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

So did you guys get it for 139 or were you billed the extra 100?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

*The awkward moment in work, when using your GSIII as a wifi hotspot on the laptop gives faster speeds than the company's eircom wifi network :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 honeybea

Ordered the Sony Esperia S on Tuesday afternoon..arrived today at 11am...Sitting down now to set it up..:).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Do you have to get a new number through this deal?
    I've had my number all my life, I'd hate to have to change it:(

• Advertisement

Do you have to get a new number through this deal?
    I've had my number all my life, I'd hate to have to change it:(
    Oh sorry, I see you can change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Oh sorry, I see you can change!

What are you getting? Is the offer still on so? Some poster said it was finished but don't know how true that it!

dorgasm wrote: »
    What are you getting? Is the offer still on so? Some poster said it was finished but don't know how true that it!
    I was thinking of getting the S3, then selling it and using to cash to buy an Iphone5 when it arrives. I think it ends June 30th.

Oh please god tell me you're trolling :( Keep the S3, you will have the better phone.

Oh please god tell me you're trolling :( Keep the S3, you will have the better phone.
    I prefer iPhones!

Annoying, I've just discovered our landline is no longer eircom:mad::mad:
    Some assholes called to the door and we changed ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Phone arrived yesterday. It's a pebble blue, much more grey than blue which I'm v happy about!

Rang eMobile to get the number brought over from Meteor and it was transferred right after the call.

Fantastic phone, it's handled nearly everything I've thrown at it so far with ease!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

tommybc wrote: »
    So did you guys get it for 139 or were you billed the extra 100?
    139 and not a penny more

Can you get these vouchers from eMobile stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Has anyone been asked for a deposit while taking this deal?

Has anyone traded in a phone against the deal? I am going in tomorrow to pick up a nice shiny new S3 for €69, it should be €149 but I'm getting €80 off for my iphone 3GS.

• Advertisement

Nope, sold my S2 on adverts for €250. Free phone basically. Also, the phone isn't €149 on the deal that this thread is for. Especially not in store.

Nope, sold my S2 on adverts for €250. Free phone basically. Also, the phone isn't €149 on the deal that this thread is for. Especially not in store.

I'll gladly scan up my receipt later today. The staff in the shop can do something with the computer that let's it sell for €149. I was offered that or the Xperia S for free which is the phone I was originally interested in.

Oh and i will post up what shop it was once i have picked up the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭grinder23

Melion wrote: »
    I'll gladly scan up my receipt later today. The staff in the shop can do something with the computer that let's it sell for €149. I was offered that or the Xperia S for free which is the phone I was originally interested in.

Yes they can put you on the wrong priceplan to get it for €149 i've been through this with a store already

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

This may have already been asked apologies if it has but does anyone know if there would be extra charges for using phone as wifi hotspot it's an iPhone 4s if that makes a diff to it

None, tethering is allowed by eMobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Hi for the past couple of days i've been browsing the sites to see what was on offer mobile related when i came across this post, I'm an eircom customer
    and rang emobile about the select unlimited deal for €35
    The girl I spoke to said vouchers were sent to 2000 customers and if i
    didn't receive one i'm not eligble, is this correct, is there an other way to
    get this offer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

For the website your account number works as the voucher code. Did you try the link in the OP? Someone said the offer was over now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Yeah I Tried my Eircom account number in the original link but it says
    not a valid voucher code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'm not an eircom customer I just called said I wanted to avail of offer using a friends account no issues and got phone in 3 days, was easy

Advertisement