Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Theoretical physics or biomedical engineering??? PLS HELP

Options
  • 26-04-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm in 6th year and the CAO choices are stressing me more than the leaving cert itself.
    It's extremely difficult to chose a single course and I really need advice...

I love maths and physics, but dont like labs and experiments, so TP looks appealling!

But bioengineering is extremely tempting as advances in this field will actually help people...it has a cause to work for etc. (Also I do biology and enjoy the subject). Nuerosensory looks pretty amazing!

But if I do engineering, I'll be missing out on lots of modern physics (like particle physics) which really interest me.

Is there any sort of compromise available in TCD, (like maybe doing TP then a pHD in something close to bioengineering, i dont know if thats possible)

THE CHOICE IS DRIVING ME NUTS, any help or insights are appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Choice is up to you in the end but I know the Biomedical Engineering course in NUIG is a good one and has a high graduate employment rate. It is very heavy in maths and physics though.

Advertisement