Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

How much is the card?and where are did you order from?

Ordered everything from Amazon, card was £18.49. If you spend over £25 then you'll get it delivered free too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you link me to the card please :)?that's a good price :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Can you link me to the card please :)?that's a good price :).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Micro-Class-UHS-I-Memory/dp/B00B5RPJ44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368739527&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+micro+sd

Went for the Samsung branded one over some of the reports of issues with Sandisk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

My wife changed from iPhone 4 to the s4. I'm still with iPhone. Anyway, every time I text her or anybody that texts her from any phone, she recieves the message through viber and her messages. Why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Are the people that text her showing in her viber contact list?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just ordered one myself :).

Squaredude wrote: »
    Are the people that text her showing in her viber contact list?

Yes they are. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Dtp79 wrote: »
    My wife changed from iPhone 4 to the s4. I'm still with iPhone. Anyway, every time I text her or anybody that texts her from any phone, she recieves the message through viber and her messages. Why is this?

Open viber in her phone and untick " free reply from viber where posssible: from the settings.

iggy wrote: »
    Open viber in her phone and untick " free reply from viber where posssible: from the settings.

Thanks for that. Thing is we can't find settings in her viber. How does she get to them? Thanks for your help

Thanks for that. Thing is we can't find settings in her viber. How does she get to them? Thanks for your help

Open viber. Press bottom left beside home button.
    press ' more options' and then settings

• Advertisement

Found settings but can't find what you said

Its the 10th option down.. untick it

Found it.

And thank you too. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Could someone with unbranded Sim free S4 and Vodafone S4(locked and branded) post "about device" screen. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

kave2 wrote: »
    Could someone with unbranded Sim free S4 and Vodafone S4(locked and branded) post "about device" screen. Thanks very much.

Well I bought mine from a guy who got an upgrade from Vodafone. He got it unlocked and it was branded. I have since installed the clean official stock firmware and it is now unbranded.

Want to see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Kave2, what weather widget are you using on that homescreen?

Kave2 did you buy the full version of the 1Weather app.. I can't see the clock on my widgets available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

[quo"Dtp79;84653428"]Found settings but can't find what you said[/quote]

Lol she should have stayed with the iPhone

Every time my wife touches the screen a red border box flashes. What is this and how can it be removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Every time my wife touches the screen a red border box flashes. What is this and how can it be removed?

I forget what developer option it is, but turn them off and it should go back to normal.

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    I forget what developer option it is, but turn them off and it should go back to normal.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Apologies if this has been asked before but it's a rather long thread to go back through. What size SIM card does the s4 take? I'm planning on buying one on Meteor PAYG today, my current phone has a regular sized sim but does this phone take that size or the micro sim? If it is a micro sim are they available in Meteor stores?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

It takes a micro sim... they can port your number over there and then. Takes around 5-10 minutes to take effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Caracol

The S4 takes a micro SIM. They can probably transfer contacts between your old SIM and your new micro SIM in the store

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

Anyone recommend a good but not bulky case? Apologies if coverd already

rok wrote: »
    Kave2 did you buy the full version of the 1Weather app.. I can't see the clock on my widgets available

No, it's the free version. I don't think there is clock widget included in 1Weather.
    Clock widget on mine is HD Widgets, if that's what you are looking for.
    Well I bought mine from a guy who got an upgrade from Vodafone. He got it unlocked and it was branded. I have since installed the clean official stock firmware and it is now unbranded.

Want to see that?
    No, I have the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

All I can say is cpw suckered me into getting a Zagg invisishield screen protector for like 14 euro, biggest piece of crap going - the screen is all ripply (not micro-bubbles, the actual protector is not completely smooth), it feels like sticky rubber and is completely counter-intuitive to how your fingers to should move on the screen, I thought it was just my one or something its that crap :mad: /rant

Hi DesperateDan,
    just applied the Zagg shield a while ago, disappointed so far, feckin mini bubbles everywhere. :(
    Instructions say it can take 2 or 3 days to work out the bubble, fingers crossed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Anyone know how to take a screen shot with the S4?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Doom wrote: »

Home + Power simultaneously.

• Advertisement

Doom wrote: »

Hand gesture.

Advertisement