Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue on Tesco Mobile (Fri 16/03/2012)

• 16-03-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi Tesco Mobile.

Is the network experiencing problems today? On PAYG, the last hour or so I've been unable to connect to any number, home, abroad, landline or mobile. Have a full signal, and available credit, but when I dial any number it won't even ring, I just get a No Answer message displayed :confused:

CaSCaDe711

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi there

Yes we are experiencing a major network outage due to water leakage at our data centre.

All services are affected but inbound calls and texts to Tesco Mobile work from other networks (including calls from landlines) if you need to get in touch with people.

Will update more shortly, here on our website and on Facebook.

Many apologies for the incovenience caused.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭lir6777

Hey there,
    The Tesco Mobile thread has info on this- yep, they're having some issues but are keeping us updated on that so might be worth following. We can still receive texts and calls though.
    Hopefully we'll be sorted soon- I feel like my arm's been cut off!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I just rang cs and going thru the auto set up was told my balance was, zero euro and zero cents.

That is a bit worrying because I think I had about €12 or even more in it.

Will wait and see when normal service is resumed.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I just rang cs and going thru the auto set up was told my balance was, zero euro and zero cents.

That is a bit worrying because I think I had about €12 or even more in it.

Will wait and see when normal service is resumed.

Hi there

There is no issue with credit balances this is a side effect of the outage.

regards
    Paul

Hi there

There is no issue with credit balances this is a side effect of the outage.

regards
    Paul

yeah that's what I was expecting, can still make calls so still in credit.

Any rough idea at this stage Paul if texts will be back this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Quest

Has this issue affected Tesco mobile webtext?

I've sent quite an important group text about 10 minutes ago and it hasn't arrived yet (sent it to my son's phone too, as a test). Should I assume the message is still in a queue and will arrive shortly or is it likely to have been lost in the ether if it hasn't arrived by now?

Thanks

Yes I believe all outbound texting is still affected including webtext

Team are working on text presently and hopefully will have it back working shortly.

regards
    Paul

From Their Website:

TescoOutage.jpg

Thanks Paul

Do you know if the texts in the system will be sent when service returns (i.e. will my web texts be delivered eventually, or do I need to resend?)

Thanks

Quest wrote: »
    Thanks Paul

Do you know if the texts in the system will be sent when service returns (i.e. will my web texts be delivered eventually, or do I need to resend?)

Thanks

Hi there

I cant say for sure on this one I'm afraid.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Ok - thanks. Will go for the safe option and send them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

Hi Paul ,

Today my Balance went down to zero I'm on Bill pay but the Bonus credit shows normally up,and I only can phone into the Tesco Network.Are there still problems????:confused:

Hi Paul ,

Today my Balance went down to zero I'm on Bill pay but the Bonus credit shows normally up,and I only can phone into the Tesco Network.Are there still problems????:confused:

No there should be no issues like this.

Give care a call on 0894200000 and they can check for you

Have you used lots if data?

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

No I haven't used a lot of data.

Thanks Paul;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Grainne2012

Hi Paul, are there problems with Tesco mobile webtexts again today?
    Used it earlier this morning ok, but now on login I get:
    "Information
    Sorry, presently we cannot process your request. Please call customer care."
    and
    "Application error
    The request could not be processed. The specified SolutionUnit instance is invalid."

I can't make calls at the moment, out of signal coverage area for the next couple of hrs. I'm accessing webtxts from another connection.

I have plenty of available credit and txt credits etc - no reason on my side why its down.
    Have you any ideas what the problem is or when it will be resolved? Thanks for looking in to it.

Hi Paul, are there problems with Tesco mobile webtexts again today?
    Used it earlier this morning ok, but now on login I get:
    "Information
    Sorry, presently we cannot process your request. Please call customer care."
    and
    "Application error
    The request could not be processed. The specified SolutionUnit instance is invalid."

I can't make calls at the moment, out of signal coverage area for the next couple of hrs. I'm accessing webtxts from another connection.

I have plenty of available credit and txt credits etc - no reason on my side why its down.
    Have you any ideas what the problem is or when it will be resolved? Thanks for looking in to it.

Hi Grainne

Doesnt seem to be a general issue - just tested with 2 accounts. Will you try again there?

regards
    Paul

Still the same :(

Still the same :(

Hi Grainne

Can you PM me your number and I will log a ticket with the technical team.

regards
    Paul

Done, thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 simzoli

Hi Paul

I have the same problem after login in
    Permission check failed Error
    The user SXPRE has no rights to access the solution unit UserSettingsSU.

Thanks

• Advertisement

simzoli wrote: »
    Hi Paul

I have the same problem after login in
    Permission check failed Error

Thanks

Ok thanks, can you PM me your number also

Thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 23 simzoli

Sent

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Same problem here get the SXPRE error but I also get into a page I never saw before called Home Selfcare Center.

Once logged in, all I can do is get help or logout :mad:

Looks like something that's not quite finished yet.

Looks like they changed the main page of the UK mytescomobiledotcom site, maybe related, cos I'm getting redirected there too? Also saw apache tomcat error, but flashed too quick to catch it .
    Still no service.
    Hmmm, are there only a tiny few of us whom even use webtxt? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

I am unable to log into tescomobile.ie or rather when I do am directed to a site I have never seen before called Home Selfcare Centre - screenshot attached (URL: https://selfcare.tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com/SX/SolutionUnitServlet?StartSu=true&SuControllerName=com.lhs.ccb.home.controller.SelfcareHomeSolutionUnitController).

I am very disappointed to find myself without access to webtexts for the second time in less than a week. I need a new phone and at this stage I'm wondering if I should just change networks :confused:. An unreliable network is worse than no network at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Chrome:

IE9
    Sorry, presently we cannot process your request. Please call customer care.

On Firefox, the same as what Gerryo and Eloise4Ever got

Thanks all for the detail, am on this now..

regards
    Paul

The front-end that Eloise linked is the one I "normally" use for login, from day 1.
    Today, I've the same errors as yesterday, but the help link goes to https://selfcare.tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com/SX/help/ApplicationError.html where Ericsson tells us
    "Application Error

Application errors are severe errors that can be remedied by your system administrator only. Online help can therefore not be provided."

Like cymbaline, I get a slightly different msj depending on the browser.

Also, it seems my last webtxt msj, which seemed to have worked around 3pm, was only delivered at 11pm ish.

Hope we can get a fix on this today. Have been happy with Tesco so far, but its getting a bit hairy now....

The front-end that Eloise linked is the one I "normally" use for login, from day 1.
    Today, I've the same errors as yesterday, but the help link goes to https://selfcare.tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com/SX/help/ApplicationError.html where Ericsson tells us
    "Application Error

Application errors are severe errors that can be remedied by your system administrator only. Online help can therefore not be provided."

Like cymbaline, I get a slightly different msj depending on the browser.

Also, it seems my last webtxt msj, which seemed to have worked around 3pm, was only delivered at 11pm ish.

Hope we can get a fix on this today. Have been happy with Tesco so far, but its getting a bit hairy now....

Hi Grainne

Thanks - definitely a broader issue. Technology guys on it now and i expect it to be resolved very shortly.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm back in business.
    (Albeit slow)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement