Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The perfect Pepper Sauce.. Suggestions Please

• 16-04-2005 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

After reading the thread on the perfect steak, I've gone a bit hungry, however in my opinion nothing complements a nice steak better than a light dressing of a good pepper sauce. Some of my friends will make their own, however I normally shamefully go for one of the packet varieties. Has anyone a good (easy recipe) for making a pepper sauce.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Do you mean pepper sauce as in Tabasco, or pepper sauce as in salt and pepper?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

As in Creamy peppercorn sauce...

Pepper as in Salt and pepper..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

My recipe:

Shallots
    Pink Peppercorns
    Green Peppercorns
    Black Peppercorns
    Rosemary
    Thyme
    Red Wine
    Demi Glace/ Good reduced stock
    Creme Fraiche
    Butter

Smash herbs and shallots, Green & Black peppercorns.
    Throw into hot heavy bottomed saucepan.
    Stir until herbs and pepper releasing scent and shallots blackening in places, don't burn totally or it will be bitter.
    Throw in half a bottle or less of red wine.
    Reduce slowly.
    Strain into another saucepan
    Add demi glace and reduce a litle more.
    Briskly whisk in good knob of butter over low steady heat.
    Whisk in some creme fraiche.
    Stir in a load of Pink Peppercorns. (actually not strictly pepper, but yummier)
    Check for seasoning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Wow - nice recipie there Dr. I suspect you are a chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

Steaks are out of the fridge gently heating to Room Temperature. will give that recipe a lash this evening, sounds like a great recipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

purdee wrote:
    Wow - nice recipie there Dr. I suspect you are a chef.
    You suspect correctly! Hope you enjoyed yer dinner Giuseppe.

Advertisement